⥉32⥉

Blake silently walks into the NYPD. The station goes silent as all of its occupants watch Blake stride towards Benny's office. She can feel them watching her and fights off a smile as Venom threatens to eat them all for even daring to give either of them looks of pity.

They all know why she's here. To be interrogated about Kasady's escape. Somehow, some think she's involved.

Blake steps into Benny's office and glances at another man standing by him. "Blake. I'm sorry we had to meet like this." Benny states as he gestures to the chair across from him. Blake shrugs and takes a seat. "S'alright." She states. "Just doing your job." Benny nods at her then glances at the man next to him.

"This is Captain Stacy. He'll be joining us." Blake nods and glances at the man, sizing him up. His cold glare indicates he doesn't like Blake and she can't say she likes him much either. "Miss Ainsley," Blake grits her teeth as she remembers her alias. "As you are well aware, we will be discussing Cletus Kasady's escape, and if you feel the need, you are allowed a lawyer."

Blake rolls her eyes and lazily leans back in her seat. "I don't need a lawyer. I haven't done anything." She says in an annoyed tone. Captain Stacy grits his teeth and crosses his arms. "Have you had any contact with Kasady since his escape?" Blake raises an eyebrow at his question. "No, but he has me. If it wasn't obvious with my name being blasted all over the news."

Blake leans forward and smirks. "How did that photo get leaked anyway? Surely the NYPD has a handle on their crime scenes." Captain Stacy growls in frustration. "I'm sure the leak in our department is no thanks to you. How many times have your articles led us away from Daredevil or any of the other freaks in the city? Reporting fake evidence stating that Spiderman is from another planet."

Venom laughs in Blake's head and she fights off her own. Now that was a fun article to write. She may have had one too many drinks one night and come up with a whole conspiracy theory that Peter, or rather, Spiderman is from the moon.

Just one of her many fun ways to steer people away from New York's heroes.

Blake fakes concern as she leans forward. "I thought mommy told you not to believe everything you read on the internet?" Captain Stacy takes a step forward but Benny raises his hand to stop him. Blake can see him fight off his own smirk. "I believe we are getting off track." Blake smirks and sits back. She sticks her tongue out at Captain Stacy and he almost misses it.

The stern man takes a file and drops it in front of Blake. She takes it and examines its contents. It's a prison visitor log. "This here says that you have been visiting Kasady every month since his apprehension." Blake glances at Captain Stacy and slides her tongue over her teeth. Maybe she should get a lawyer.

"So?" Blake asks as she tosses the file back on the table. Benny gives her a sympathetic smile, telling her he can't help her here. Stacy seems to think he has her where he wants her. "The psycho killed over 100 people over four years." Probably more. Bodies are still being discovered. "I wanted to make sure he knew he was done."

Stacy narrows his eyes at Blake and Benny lets out a sigh. "Blake," She looks at him. "Someone gave him these." Benny sets three evidence bags on his desk. In them contain a long clear tube, the handle and trigger of what Blake can only connect to being the thing the Starbucks people use to dispense whip cream, and several jagged nails. Blake doesn't miss the blood on a few of them.

"After getting out of his cell, he assembled a compressed air gun and shot two guards and brutally beat the warden." Blake grits her teeth and picks up the bag with the nails. "And you think I gave this to him." She asks in a low voice. Benny doesn't say a word. He knows Blake is innocent, but Stacy on the other hand, does not. He leans forward and takes the evidence bag from her.