⥉23⥉

Blake scowls as she runs her fingers through her hair. Her fingers become coated in a thick layer of blood and several knots form in her hair. "Gross." She mutters as she steps through the elevator doors of the Avengers Tower. The team turns around and all their eyes bulge at her. "Jesus! What happened?!" Clint cries out in worry. Blake brushes him off and walks over to Tony's bar. "Relax. None of it is mine." She pours herself a drink and looks around the room. "Where is Peter?" Tony stands.

      "In the Medbay. Helen Cho is looking him over." Blake nods and gulps down her drink. "So..." She looks up at Clint. "Are we going to talk about the fact that you have a murderous parasite?" A tendril emerges from Blake's back and whips Clint in the face. "Ow! What was that for?" Blake shrugs. "Venom doesn't like being called that." Tony raises an eyebrow. "What? Parasite?" Smack! "Ow!" Blake snorts at the two of them. "You two aren't very bright."

      Clint rubs his cheek and glances at Tony. The billionaire shrugs. "So, how did it happen?" Blake pours another, rather large glass of whiskey. Tony is impressed by her alcohol intake, but he just doesn't know that unless Venom allows it, she can't get drunk. "Broke into a lab. Touched stuff I shouldn't have. Infection. Lots of running. Then suddenly I'm always hungry." Clint raises an eyebrow at her, wondering why she told the story so short and choppy. "That's it?"

      Blake nods and leans against the counter. "Been bonded for nearly 6 years." The Avengers's eyes widen. "That long? How come we haven't known about it- ah, him?" Blake shrugs. "You didn't know because we didn't want you to know." Clint nods, then creases his brows. "What lab did you break into?" The TV behind the team plays on mute and Blake eyes it, then points. "Life Foundation." They all turn to look at it. Jessida Drake is giving a press conference about how her facility was broken into by a black monster.

      Blake snorts at the screen. "Bitch." Venom hums in agreement and Natasha looks at her. "Why did you take down that rocket?" Venom emerges from Blake's shoulder causing several Avengers to jump. "What the hell?!" Blake smirks and glances at Venom. "I was brought to your planet on one of Drake's rockets along with several others like me." Blake nods. "Most of them died in Drake's experiments. Venom only survived because of me."

      Clint nods, kind of understanding. "You do know that rocket was just for show right?" Blake looks at Tony. "What are you talking about?" Venom snaps back into her and Tony waves at his holo screen. An image of a Life Foundation rocket being launched is shown. "The real rocket was launched at an alternate location." The glass in Blake's hand breaks and they see her eyes swirl with black tendrils. "It was WHAT?"

      A glimpse of fear can be seen in Tony's eyes. "Yeah, a few weeks ago. Totally under the radar. I think it landed a couple days ago." Venom urtches to come out and wreak havoc in anger, but Blake takes a deep breath, her body shaking with anger. "No, we are not doing that." She scolds her symbiote. She opens her eyes and looks around the room.

      Before she opens her mouth to speak, however, Peter steps out of the elevator holding his side in pain. The anger in Blake melts away when she sees him. Venom, surprisingly, forces Blake to run over to him. "Are you okay?" She asks looking him over. Behind her, Clint's eyes narrow. The voice of a mother. He can see it now.

      "I'm fine now." Peter says with a smile. Blake smiles in relief. "Let's get you to the couch." She helps him over and he winces as he sits down. "You okay kid?" Tony asks as he steps over. Blake does everything in her power to stop Venom from shoving the billionaire away from her son. "Yeah, just some cracked ribs. Should heal in a couple hours." Venom jerks Blake's body away. "Hungry." She grunts as she tries to stop him.

      "Not now." She tells him. Everyone looks at her and she smiles sheepishly. Venom forces her to raise her arm, and Blake forces it back down. "I'm hungry. I want food now." Blake groans in annoyance. "Whats going on?" Steve asks, confused. Blake's body shakes with effort as Venom continues to force her to move and Blake's will to not go. "Venom is hungry."

      Tony raises an eyebrow. "We've got food in the fridge." Blake shakes her head. "Not that kind of food." Everyone falls silent, Peter realizes. "Oh- Oh! That is- Ugh, gross!" Blake makes a face, then finally gives in. "Okay! Okay, we'll go! God, you are impossible." Blake begins walking away, then Clint steps up to her. "The elevator is that way." He says pointing to the other side of the room.

      Venom emerges and snarls at everyone. "We're taking the scenic route." He then turns and leaps through the glass window. Tony whines as if he's been physically hurt. Natasha snorts at him. "You can afford new windows." Tony turns to her, betrayal on his face. "What if I had a connection to those ones? Huh?" Clint smirks. "Then she'd say you are crazy."

      Peter stares at the window and blocks out the argument going on behind him. Without a second thought, he runs towards the Venom sized hole in the glass and leaps, shooting a web and swinging away. Tony notices and walks over to the window. "What the hell is he doing? He was just kidnapped!" Before he can call for his suit, Clint stops him. "No, let him go. Blake will watch out for him." He looks out the window. "I think she's made it very clear she'll walk through hell before she lets anything happen to him."

      Blake sighs as Venom shrinks back inside her. "There, you happy now?" She asks as she steps out of the alley. "Very." She sighs and starts walking down the dark streets of New York. "We really have to get you on a diet. I don't know how you haven't made us fat yet." venom grumbles in her head. "We can't get fat." Blake snorts. "Don't go jinxing us." Above Blake there is a 'fwip' followed by a thud. "Your Bug Baby has come to visit."

      Blake's face scrunches. "Did you just call him 'Bug Baby'?" Venom laughs in her head. She sighs and turns around. "You can come out kid. We aren't going to bite your head off." Peter, in his Spider-Man suit, lands on the ground and walks up to them. Blake looks around and sees the few people out looking at them. "Come on. Let's talk in my apartment." Blake pulls him into an alley and smirks. "We'll race you there." Peter smiles as Venom emerges. He notices the new Spider symbol on their chest and smiles. "Get ready to lose." He says with confidence.

      The two of them set off in the most intense race either of them has ever seen.

SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE. I'M MAKING A SCHEDULE FOR MY WRITING.

ONE UPDATE PER STORY PER WEEK (AND MAYBE A FEW EXTRAS IF I HAVE TIME)

GO CHECK OUT MY NEW WORKS CALLED:

 'PIXIE DUST' (ITS AN EDDIE BROCK PAIRING)

'SPIRITS IN MY HEAD' (IT'S A PETER PARKER PAIRING)

'A X L' (IT'S A BRUCE BANNER PAIRING)

'LYCANTHROPY' (IT'S A WANDA MAXIMOFF PAIRING)

'FIREFLIES' (IT'S A BUCKY BARNES PAIRING)

THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED IN THE SAME WRITING UNIVERSE SO THEY ALL CONNECT IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

I CALL IT THE 'HELIX CHRONICLES'

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

BYE!