⥉14⥉

Clint and Blake sneak back into the house, this time more prepared. Their weapons raised and ready to fire at any disturbance. Blake eyes the basement door. "You look for the dagger. I'm getting the hostage out." She whispers and Clint nods. Blake carefully opens the door and silently descends down the stairs. She cringes at the smell. "It smells like death. Delicious." Blake rolls her eyes and looks around in the dark. In the corner is a human shaped mass under a sheet.

      Blake walks across the floor and rips the sheet off the figure. She jerks her dead away in disgust. "Ugh! Gross!" Whoever it is, they've been dead for a long time. "Can I eat them?" Blake gags and tosses the sheet back over the dead body. "No way. There's a point where things become just too disgusting. Even for me." Blake steps away from the body, then looks around. Skeletons litter the floor. Along with shotguns, and several others. Blake's eyes widen.

      "Hunters." They were all hunters, all lured into a trap. Blake gasps. "Clint!" She bolts up the stairs until she reaches the top floor. In the master bedroom is Clint. He is pinned to the wall by an unseen force with a dagger pointed at his neck. He smiles nervously at Blake. "I found the dagger, or rather, it found me." Blake clenches her jaw and Clint glances behind her. She gets the subtle hint and whips around, firing at the poltergeist.

      It disappears briefly and Blake takes a step closer to Clint, but the dagger inches closer to his neck so she stops. Clint raises an eyebrow. "Your job always this dangerous?" Blake shrugs. "Usually it's worse." Blake looks down at Clint's crossbow and grabs it. She steps sideways until she gets a side view of the dagger. She gives Clint a look. "Get ready to duck." He nods.

      Blake raises the crossbow and fires. It hits the dagger, knocking it away from Clint's neck, but it zips back up, and right before it hits Clint, Blake tackles him to the ground. The dagger embeds itself in the wall. They both stare at the dagger briefly before standing and running down the stairs. "How do we stop it?" Clint asks as they get down onto the main floor. Blake nods at the fireplace. "We give it the hell treatment." Clint nods and runs to the fireplace.

      Blake pulls out her salt and creates a semi circle around her and Clint, essentially trapping them in front of the fireplace. Clint takes an arrow and uses the stone around the fireplace as flint. It sparks and catches a piece of wood on fire. Blake nods at him and Clint stands up. "Okay, now what?" The dagger descends down the stairs and as it does, the ghost materializes, holding it. "Now," Blake glares at the ghost as it raises the dagger to throw it. "We duck!"

      The Ghost throws the dagger and Clint and Blake hit the deck. The dagger lands in the fireplace, and starts to melt. Clint looks at the ghost as it erupts into flames. Blake glances at the dagger as it disappears into the fire and sighs in relief. The ghost is gone. They stand up and look around the house. Clint creases his brows. "Where is the hostage?" Blake shakes her head. "Dead." She steps out of the salt circle and looks at Clint.

      "Somehow the ghost was able to lure countless other hunters here." Clint clenches his jaw. "This entire thing was a trap." Blake creases ehr brows and looks around. "My question is who the hell gave me the file to this place." Clint and Blake share a look. If someone knew that this place was a trap and gave the information to Blake, then that means they were trying to kill her. Clint raises an eyebrow. "Got any enemies?" Blake snorts and looks around the room.

      "That is a very long list." Blake looks at Clint and creases her brows. "You're bleeding." Clint looks down at his stomach and shrugs. "Tis but a flesh wound." Blake rolls her eyes and grabs her shotgun. "C'mon. I'll stitch you up." Clint nods and follows her out of the house. He gives the basement one last look, then steps out of the house.

      Clint takes a sip of whiskey as Blake stitches up his stomach. "You're lucky you didn't get hit worse." Blake mumbles as she focuses. Clint smirks. "What's the worst you've had?" Blake purses her lips in thought. "About 10 years ago I was hunting a werewolf." She sticks the needle into Clint's skin again. "It cut into my arm so deep I could see about an inch of my bone." Clint cringes. "Damn." Blake nods in agreement. It was before she met Venom so she had to heal on her own.

      "What about you?" Blake asks Clint as she ties off another stitch. Clint cranes his head, trying to think. "Probably when we went against Ultron. I got shot by a machine gun." Blake nods and smirks. "I guess I win?" Clint laughs and nods. "Yeah, I'd say nearly losing a limb takes the cake." Clint can see a ghost of a smile on Blake's lips. He frowns, curiosity boiling inside him.

      "Blake, how did your father die?" Blake pauses for a moment, shell shocked by the question. Clint shakes his head. "It's fine. You don't have to tell me." Blake shakes her head and finishes off the last stitch. "No, I'll tell you." She sighs and takes the whiskey. "It's a long story actually. Goes back to when my mother died." Clint nods. "The house fire." Blake whips her head in his direction and raises an eyebrow. Clint laughs. "Tony looked into you. It's how he works."

      Blake nods and sits on the table. "The fire wasn't accidental at all." She pauses and looks at Clint. "A demon did it." Clint's eyes widen and Blake nods. She looks at the ground. "I was 12 when it happened." She shakes her head. "I'll never forget seeing my mother on the ceiling." She takes a swig of the whiskey and nods. "My father became hell bent on finding what killed mom. Met a psychic that told him about the supernatural."

      Blake looks at Clint. "He started training me first because I was the oldest. Then Dean, then Sammy." Blake looks down. "I left not long after Sam got involved. Hadn't seen them for almost 15 years till the other day." Clint nods. "When they came to tell you." Blake nods and sips the whiskey again and stares at the ground in thought. "My dad was killed by the same demon that killed my mother." Clint nods. "Do you and your brothers know why?" Blake shakes her head.

      "No. But they've taken up the search now." Blake shrugs. "I might join them. Just depends." Clint raises an eyebrow. "On what?" Blake looks at him. "If I have a reason to stay." Clint gapes at her. Did she just...? There is a knock at the door, making Blake and Clint stand. "Avengers. I can practically smell their self righteousness. Gross." Blake pinches her lips together to stop herself from laughing. She looks at Clint. "It's for you."

DO YOU THINK BLAKE IS GOING TO GO AND HELP HER BROTHERS?

WHEN WILL CLINT FIND OUT ABOUT VENOM? WILL HE EVER?

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

BYE!