⥉27⥉

Blake walks into the school building as the final bell rings. Students stare at her and a few of their faces even light up with recognition. She ignores them all and Venom leads her to where he knows Peter is. On the other end of the hall Blake sees a figure standing over Peter, repeatedly punching him.

      Her body shakes in anger as she marches up to the kid beating Peter. She grabs his fist before he can punch Peter again. "That was really stupid buddy." Blake says in her cool, calm, scary voice. The kid looks at her. "Who are you?" He tries to pull his hand away but Blake holds it tightly.

      "Blakey Winchester." She gives him a look. "You know, the reporter who deals with mutants and vigilantes daily?" The kid's eyes widened in fear. Blake squeezes his hand tighter. "Don't ever lay a hand on him again." He nods frantically and Blake releases his hand. Blake watches him run away then looks down at Peter.

      "You alright?" Peter stares up at her amazed and nods. Blake effortlessly lifts him to his feet. "What are you doing here?" Blake clenches his jaw. The temptation to tell him is eating her up. "Just get it over with." Blake sighs and shakes her head. "Not here." She mumbles to Venom.

      Peter looks at Blake confused. "What?" Blake gives him a longing look then casts her eyes to the ground. "C'mon," She starts walking away. "We need to talk."

      Blake's shaky hands reach into her fridge and pull out a beer. She rips the cap off and takes a large sip. "It can't be that hard." Blake groans in annoyance. "Yes it can." She glances over at Peter who is watching her intently, curious why she is acting so... not herself. Not the confident and bold person she usually is. She's nervous. Scared.

      "Then let me tell him." Venom suggests. Blake leans against the counter and shakes her head. She takes another sip of her beer wishing she could get drunk. "No, I need to do this. It has to be me." Blake looks at Peter and opens her mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. She growls in annoyance and tugs at her hair. "This is harder than I thought it was going to be."

      Peter steps closer to her. "What? What's wrong?" Blake looks at him, sweat beading her forehead. Venom can't even stop it from happening. Blake is under so much stress. "Nothing. Nothings wrong I just-" Blake lets out a frustrated sigh. She bites her lip and looks at the counter for a moment then rushes off to her bedroom.

      She returns moments later with a piece of paper. "Here." She hands it to Peter and he looks it over. He frowns confused. "It's a form for an adoption agency. Why do you have this?" Blake chews her lip then sits down at the table. "Because, I have a child. A son." Peter's eyes widened in shock.

      "Really? Does he know?" Blake glances at Peter between her fingers. "He's about to." She mumbles. Peter glances at the form. "How old is he?" Blake stares at Peter for a long moment, then turns away finding it easier to speak when she isn't looking at him. "He turned 16 on the 25th of November."

      Peter gapes in surprise. "Really? That's my birthday too." Blake makes a noise of pain, and almost chokes on air. "But- Why are you telling me this?" Peter asks, stepping closer to Blake. She keeps her back to him as tears form in her eyes.

      "My brothers told me I should tell him. That I'm his mother." Peter creases his brows. "But you haven't." Blake shakes her head. "Why?" Blake's head hangs at the question. She wasn't expecting that. "Because-" She swallows hard.

      "Because I'm afraid he'll hate me. That after all these years he won't want me in his life." Blake sniffles and Peter finally realizes she is crying. He puts a hand on her shoulder. "How could he hate you? You and Venom are heroes!" Blake laughs through her tears. "We aren't heroes." She frowns and wipes at her eyes. "If anything, we're the bad guys. Especially me."

      Peter shakes his head. "No way! You are great." Blake closes her eyes. "No I'm not. I left him. I wanted him to have a better life without me in it. I wasn't ready to be a mother. I didn't want him to suffer through life with me." Blake bows her head in shame. "But I couldn't stay away. I couldn't keep myself away from him, and now- I want nothing more for him to know that I'm his mother."

      Peter walks around to face Blake but she averts her eyes from his. "Then tell him." Blake laughs bitterly. "I'm trying to." She presses her palms to her eyes and lets out a shaky breath. "I just don't know how to say it." Peter makes a face in thought then crouches down so he is at head level with Blake.

      "Just blurt it out to him. Like ripping off a bandaid." Blake looks at Peter and searches his features. It's incredible how much he looks like a Winchester. His eyes are brown, but under bright light the candy apple color shines through. The rich brown hair. Strong features...

      Blake closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. "One hell of a band aid if you ask me..." She nods to herself. "But okay." Peter smiles and nods, beginning to walk to the door. Blake jumps to her feet.

      "Peter, it's you." Venom works hard to keep Blake's heart rate steady. Peter stops dead in his tracks, then whips around to Blake. "What?" Blake looks down, tears now falling freely. "You- You don't know this, but your parents- Mary and Richard- They adopted you when you were just three days old."

      Peter's heart bounds in his chest. He unknowingly takes a step backward, but Blake sees this and it hits her like a wrenching ball. "I tried to stay out of your life. I really did, but I just couldn't. Please- I'm sorry." Peter takes another step backward and shakes his head. "No, you're wrong."

      Blake tries to approach him but Peter lifts her arm to stop her. "You're wrong. I'm not adopted. My parents are dead. No thats-" Peter shakes his head and his breath becomes erratic and uneasy. "No!" Blake rubs at her hands. "That doesn't-" Peter holds his head and takes the final step backward so he is leaning against the wall. "You're wrong." He whispers.

      Blake shakes her head. "I'm not Peter. I'm your mother." Peter's wide eyes stare at the ground and he clutched his chest. With a sudden movement he yanks the door open and darts out into the hallway. Blake rushes after him but finds him gone.

      "Way to go. You scared him off."

AND THE TEA HAS BEEN SPILT

OOP

SO NORMALLY I HATE THE TROPE WHERE IS LIKE 'OH NO I'M ADOPTED, MY LIFE IS A LIE!' BECAUSE THAT ISN'T REALITY IN MOST CASES. WHEN MOST PEOPLE FIND OUT THEY ARE ADOPTED THEY WILL USUALLY BE OKAY WITH IT OR WANT TO KNOW WHO THEIR BIRTH PARENTS ARE

PETER IS JUST IN SHOCK. HE THOUGHT HIS ONLY REMAINING FAMILY WAS MAY. HE JUST NEED TIME.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

BYE!