⥉8⥉

The three Winchesters step up to the yellow caution tape and try to get a peek at the body. "How are we going to get in?" Deans starts pulling out his fake FBI badge, but Blake stops him and smirks. "I got this." She pulls out her press badge and slips under the line. Sam and Dean try to follow but two cops stop them. "Hey. Blake!" She looks at them and shrugs. "Sorry boys, I have to do this alone." Sam and Dean pout, but slip back behind the line.

      "Benny." Blake greets the lead detective as she steps up to him. "Winchester. Always a stick in my ass." Blake smirks and shrugs. "Ah, runs in the family." Benny leans down the body and uncovers it. Blake crouches down and cringes. "Something doesn't smell human." Blake nods. Vampires do stink. "What do you think happened?" Blake asks, trying to get more information. "I don't know. A witness claims to have seen a group of about 6 people enter the area."

      Benny shrugs. "Maybe it's some sort of ritualistic killing." Blake hums. "Jack the Ripper." Benny nods, then stands. "Yeah, 'cept these guys are just going for it at the random." Blake sniffs the air. "Maybe not..." She mutters. There is something in the air. A prominent smell, more dominating than that of death. Blake isn't quite sure how to describe it. Almost like burning plastic, but with a more cinnamon twist to it.

      Blake bends down to the body in front of her and peels it's eye open. The whole eye including the sclera is deep red. She looks up at Benny. He sees it too. "Mutants." She comments quietly. Benny's face becomes dark. Blake knows how he feels about mutants.

      It's actually how they first met. Benny's sister had gone missing and Blake helped uncover what happened to her. She got swept into a mutants sex trade. Had Venom not intervened, she would have died.

      Benny shakes his head. "Blake you can't report on this." Blake stands and covers the body. "I know Ben." She nods. "I'm going to find out what happened to them." Blake looks over at Sam and Dean. "Luckily I've got some help." Benny glances at Blake's brothers. He knows about them. When he did a background check on Blake he saw their faces. "Do they know..." He gestures to Blake. "About him?"

       Blake raises an eyebrow. "About Venom?" He nods. Blake shakes her head. "No. I intend on keeping it that way." Benny nods and Blake puts a hand on his shoulder. "I'll handle this. You get your sister and her kids out of the city." Ben nods and smiles at Blake. "Thank you." Blake nods and walks back over to Sam and Dean. "What did you find out?" Blake glances at the news reporters trying to make their way to her. "Not here."

      Blake flicks the lights on in her underground bunker. She's been building it over the years. For storage, and you know, if the apocalypse ever comes about. Dean whistles as he looks around. "Damn." Sam raises an eyebrow at several boxes with carvings on them. "What made you build this?" He asks. Blake shrugs. "I was bored." Dean chuckles.

      "So what did you find out at the crime scene?" Blake sighs and leans against the wall. "Definitely vampires, but they are going after a certain set of people." They raise their eyebrows and Blake looks at them. "Mutants." Dean's eyes widen and glances at Sam. They thought Sam was a mutant for a good amount of time. Sam shakes his head. "What's so special about mutants? Why do vampires want them?" Blake takes a deep breath. "Their blood."

      Dean crosses his arms and Blake continues. "The X-gene makes vampires stronger. I once even ran into a vampire that adapted to the mutant blood and gained the ability of foresight. That was a tough job." Sam creases his brows. So she's been hunting. "How do we stop them? Dean asks. Blake walks over to a chest and opens it, pulling a machete. "The usual way." Usually when Blake and Venom go hunting, Venom will just eat their heads.