6 - backstory

PART 6: backstory

PART 6:
backstory

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

(valencia's pov)

dylan and i both sat on my unusually large sofa with packs of ordered food on our laps. my house was fairly large with 5 floors, 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, i was into interior design as both my parents had it as a career, so, the house was nicely decorated with a modern look. i had a backyard with a pool and sitting area, the main theme for the whole house was a modern bohemian look, and i'd say i managed to do that well, with the help of my father of course.

dylan let out a noise of disgust from beside me, making me look up from my phone.

"what's wrong?" i asked him.

"what? oh. uh- i was looking through your comments and saw that your um mom commented." he replied, clearly taken off guard of me noticing his disgust.

i looked down then back up at him with a similar look of disgust,
"seriously? i need to block her. she also tried messaging me about a week ago to ask how i've been."

dylan's eyes widened,
"no way!"

"that's what i thought! like yes i'm sure the daughter you abused for fifteen years is doing just fine mother!" i visibly cringed.

my mother, where do i even begin. i always believed her and my dad weren't truly in love, well, she wasn't at least. she always told me how she's only staying because she can't leave a kid and father alone without a mother, not like she acted like a true mother herself. she was an extreme gold digger, always wanting what's new, she once went as far as stealing my dads credit cards. my dad was too blinded by love to really understand what was happening, she had been physically and mentally abusing me since the day i was born till i was about 16 years old, she made me hide it from my dad, until he figured it out himself when he saw bruises around my body when i was 12 years old. he stayed with her though, saying she could change, but at least he always tried to keep me safe; i knew he didn't want to leave her so i wouldn't be motherless or him being a single father.

my father, though, treated me like a princess. he had a 2 year gap where he became slightly alcoholic and grew mentally abusive when i was starting high school, but he recovered and apologized, i guess i accept the apology. he started drinking again when my mother left us at 16, but never abused me. i still love and favor him more.

i think seeing both my parents be like that made me who i was in my teenage years, started drinking at 14 years old, smoking and vaping at the age of 17 and partying since middle school. not to mention losing my virginity at the age of 15 with the douchebag spencer, but that's a story for another time.

my life is pretty traumatic, but hey, i made it through and look at me now. 24 years old, over 60 awards, singer, model, actress and songwriter.

dylan and i talked for a few hours before deciding to make some popcorn and binge watch marvel movies, before falling asleep on the couch, it was normal for us to sleep over at each other's houses.

(a/n: idk if this was good or not brooo, this was just a chapter to give u some explanation on val's life i guess.)