23 - i'm sorry

PART 23:i'm sorry

PART 23:
i'm sorry

(a/n: ** means flashback)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(valencia's pov)

damn.

he just completely ignored me.

"hi." i greeted, playing with the rings on my fingers.

"the hairstylists are a little late." he informed me, as if i cared about that right now.

"right." i slightly nodded even though he couldn't see me.

i sighed,
"what's up with you?"

he looked up for a second then back at his phone,
"nothing."

"tom, seriously! what is up with you?" i repeated, in a louder voice.

"nothing is wrong, valencia!" he practically yelled making me immediately close my mouth and look at him confused.

"you wouldn't have basically yelled at me if nothing was wrong." i sadly said after a minute of silence.

he groaned and shut his phone, finally giving me his full attention,

"valencia. nothing is fucking wrong with me. why are you acting so clingy towards me these past 2 days? do you not understand the concept of giving someone space?" he yelled, shocking me.

i stood there speechless, not moving a muscle.

why would he say that? why would he yell?
he knew i hated when people yelled at me.

my eyes got teary, my mouth sealed shut. i saw him immediately change his facial expression from annoyed to guilty but i looked down at my hands.

"i— i'm so sorry for yelling—" he breathed out after realizing what he had done.

"—don't. i get it, i was being too clingy." i looked up at him with the same teary eyes, seeing his concerned and guilty face.

he moved closer and continued apologizing but i stepped back and left the area, leaving him standing there.

———

(tom's pov)

fuck. fuck. fuck.

i messed up,
i messed up so bad.

why would i yell at her like that? i know she hates being yelled at. i contemplated running after her, but i felt too guilty after what i just did and knew she would've rather gotten space.

after a few minutes, i heard someone entering the area and quickly looked up hoping to see her but instead i just saw katrina, one of the hairstylists.

"hey, tom! where's valencia, we should get started on both of your hair by now." she asked with a smile.

"uh—yeah hi kat, i'll um go get her right now." i quickly replied with a forced smile and left the place.

i power-walked through the set, making sure not to run to not alarm people but to also not be too slow.
i reached valencia's trailer, knocking on it and waiting a minute. when i heard no one, i knocked again, waited, then slowly opened the door.

"val? can we talk?" i quietly said, stepping in.

"valencia?" i called out, then fully got in, noticing the trailer was empty, i sighed then left thinking of where else she would be.

i kept walking around, checking every corner until i remembered something.

**
"okay seriously val, where are you taking me?" i laughed, looking at her holding my wrist guiding me through the hoards of trailers and props.

"have patience, love." she chuckled.

love.

"okay, we're here!" she removed her hand from my wrist and i looked up, seeing a hidden corner of the set on a hill, overlooking a beautiful view which would be great for sunset watching.

"so?" she bit her lip.

"holy shit!" i exclaimed.

"i know right! i found it when i was bored and wandered around." she giggled.

"didn't the director have a rule to not go where props are?" i questioned.

"since when do people follow rules?" she laughed.

"this is amazing, here let's sit down. the sunsets about to set." i smiled, grabbing her hand and gently pulling her to the ground with me.

"you read my mind, t!" she smiled, leaning her head on my shoulder.
**

the hill, of course.

i rushed up the hill, hiding behind a fake prop tree so no staff would see me and call me to get ready. i finally reached the top of the hill and found no one, thinking i made a mistake, i was just about to turn around when i saw brown hair flowing with the wind from behind a broken speaker. i mentally prepared myself and approached her.

"hey..." i quietly said.

she turned around startled, a single tear on her face, nothing more.

she was good at holding in her tears.

"can i sit?" i asked, playing with the hem of my shirt.

she didn't answer and instead turned back around, wiping the tear off of her face. i sighed but sat on the grass next to her anyways, looking at the bright blue sky.

no sunset right now.

"i'm sorry." i apologized after a few minutes of silence.

she didn't reply.

i sighed,
"i swear i'm sorry. i didn't mean to yell and i guess all my emotions just suddenly got out and i took it out on you which was stupid of me. i know you hate getting yelled at and i hate being someone who yelled at you and i totally get it if you hate me right
n—"

my rambling was interrupted by a pair of soft arms hugging me from my neck tightly. i was caught off guard but quickly hugged back, relieved.

"it's okay." i heard her say, though it was muffled from her face being hidden in the crook of my neck.

"no, no it's not okay. i yelled at you for no reason and that is so not okay." i guiltily replied.

she sighed and let go of me, a sudden chill around my body.

"what was the reason?" she asked, looking straight into my eyes.

"what?" i questioned.

"you were obviously mad for a reason, what was the reason?" she explained.

"there was no—" i got interrupted once again.

"—don't! don't tell me there was no reason because i know there is. say it." she demanded.

oh, i really don't know how to explain this valencia.