28 - best friend

PART 28:
best friend

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

(valencia's pov)

i was driving with about a million thoughts in my head, i'm going to toms house, where we kissed.

nothing to worry about, right?

we've been friends for what felt like decades and we just suddenly kiss. was it just in the moment or did he actually mean it?

maybe i should turn the car around, i am not in the mood to hear him say that we're nothing more than close friends.

just as i was about to make the turn, i get a call.

père <3
now calling

accept          decline

"lizzie! hey."

"hello there daugther."

*laughing*
"what's up?"

"i just wanted to check in, you
seemed worried today."

"worried?"

"yeah, but also extra happy?
don't know, confusing."

"oh. yeah, i'm perfectly
fine."

"hm.
okay."

"what?"
*nervous laugh*

"nothing, nothing! i just
don't seem to believe you.."

"w-why not?"

"i can tell when you're
lying val, i'm like your
best friend."

"ugh. you know everything.
it's just that something
happened and i'm on the way
to figure it out."

"everything okay? do you
need me to hit someone?"

"liz, no offense but you
wouldn't hurt a fly.
and yes, everything's
fine just confusing."

"true. you're making it
seem as if you made out
with someone"
*laughing*

*silence*

"val?"

"heh..yeah?"

"...
OH MY GOD!
YOU KISSED SOMEONE!"

"NO I DIDN'T!"

"LIAR! TELL ME EVERYTHING
I WANNA SAY PLEASE SAY IT'S
TOM BUT ITS NEVER HIM."

"about that.."

"WHAT? BITCH
OH MY GOD YOU MADE
ME SAY BITCH. HOLY HELL.
YOU KISSED TOM?"

"STOP SCREAMING!
LET ME EXPLAIN."

"AAAAAAAAH"

"I WAS JUST LIKE MAD AT
HIM FOR BEING DISTANT AND
I WAS GONNA LEAVE AND AND AND
HE JUST KISSED ME!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"I KNOW!"

"OH MY GOD TELL ME THE
DETAILS RIGHT NOW.
I'M SO HAPPY STOP."

———

i stay on the call with elizabeth, explaining everything to her and what i'm planning to say when i arrive at tom's. soon, i arrive and bid my goodbyes to her. i stare through the window at his house, this was a really bad idea.

just suck it up.

i got out of the car, locking it and making my way towards the door. i took a deep breath and was about to knock when the door swung open.

"valencia! hey!" tom excitedly said, immediately pulling me into a bear hug.

"woah, hey there." i laughed and hugged him back.

"come in, come in!" he smiled wide and basically pushed me in.

"and i'm the one that can't go a few hours without you?" i questioned with a smirk, earning a scoff.

"sorry i'm excited to see my best friend then" he shrugged and locked the door.

best friend.

"right." my smile faltered a little bit but i made sure to keep it present on my face.

"what's wrong?" he asked.

"nothing, don't worry about it. do you want to watch a movie or something?" i plopped myself on his couch.

"oh, yeah sure." he smiled and lent me the remote, sitting himself down dangerously close to me.

this should be normal, we always sit close by each other. why am i feeling nervous?

...

a few hours go by and we've now watched 2 movies, one of my favorites and one of his. during these hours, we laughed and ate popcorn and he even asked if i wanted his hoodie since i looked like i was cold but i declined.

we got closer every few minutes, my head now on his shoulder, his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. the position we were in was extremely comfortable, given that he's already an extremely warm and cozy person to be close to. my eyes started to feel droopy, and soon enough, i was dozing off to sleep.

we'll talk tomorrow, then.

———

(tom's pov)

on the outside, it would appear as if i'm interested in the movie, considering it is one of my favorites, but when you have someone like her on your shoulder it's pretty challenging.

i was nervous, which was weird, we've been in this position before. i felt comfortable, like we both fit there, 2 pieces of a puzzle fitting together correctly.

i lightly smiled and turned to look at her, finding her fast asleep. she looked so peaceful, her features were perfect. i stared at her for a few minutes, i must've looked like a creep and i was hoping to god she wouldn't notice someone staring at her in her sleep. i went to touch her forearms to lay her down in a more comfortable position when i felt her arms practically freezing, i rolled my eyes at her stubbornness of not wanting to wear my hoodie and grabbed it from behind the couch. i dressed her up in it over her shirt, gently to not wake her, then laid us down on the couch.

this was perfect.