Chapter 3 - Forgotten Memories

(Lucy's P.O.V.)

Samuel had definitely changed. He was more strict, with a stern voice. He walked me home, though, like a gentleman.

We were at my door, and Samuel smiled. "Oh, Lucy-Sama, you are gorgeous..." His voice purred.

I could feel my face flush. "S-Samuel..."

"You know, your father always hoped you'd marry me..." Samuel looked to me, grinning still.

I paused. It all made sense. "So is this why you're here? Because of him?"

He shook his head briskly. "Oh, no, no, no, Lucy-Sama. I was visiting Magnolia for you, I promise..." He leaned closer. "I truly adore you, you must know..."

My face grew hot. "It's...it's late. Goodnight, Samuel!" I spoke quickly then proceeded to slam the door in his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I was nearly relieved to go on a job with Natsu and Happy.

'Last night was much too embarrassing...' I thought.

"Lu-Chan!" A blue haired Mage squealed, tackling me into a large bear hug.

"L...Levy-Chan?"

"Where were you last night?! Natsu and I stayed up in the guild all night waiting--"

"Natsu?!" I gasped, astonished. I told him that I'd be back by morning...so why did he wait? That idiot...

Levy nodded. "I also have that book you've been wanting." She said, and handed me a book with a glossy cover which she took from her small, orange purse.

"Levy-San, where did you get that purse?"

All of a sudden, her face flushed pink. "U-um..." She began, her face deepening still. "G-G-Gajeel..." She merely squeaked, her voice incredibly soft and high-pitched.

I casted her a sly look. "Gajeel, eh, Levy?"

The tiny Mage glared at me.

"Lu-Chan!" She whined. I laughed. "Anyways, where is Natsu? I promised I'd go on a mission with him. Plus, I need the rent money."

Levy went silent. "Natsu wasn't feeling well the last time I checked..."

"Is he okay?" I questioned, worried.

She nodded. "He should be. I checked into his symptoms, and it's just a minor cold."

I let out a relieved sigh. "Thank you, Levy-San."

"No problem, Lu-Ch--"

"LISTEN UP, BRATS!" The Master roared, having quite a loud voice for a man of his age.

"As some of you may have noticed, we have a new member. I hope you all welcome him."

"Thank you, Master..." The man's voice purred...familiar. I glanced up, and the man winked. "Hello, Lucy-Sama," and that's where it started all going downhill.