Chapter 7 - Dinner Dates

This really got Natsu mad. "You can't just use her like that!" He protested, his medical bed shaking from the force.

Samuel peered at him, narrowing his eyes into little slits.

"Oh, but I think I can. And I just did. Why, are you jealous, little Dragon Slayer?"

"You little--"

"Natsu. Samuel. Stop." I ordered, silencing them both. "And I will come. On one condition."

"Anything for you, Lucy. You are indeed a very becoming lady," Samuel purred, about to kiss my hand before I jerked it away.

"So you'll invite Natsu, too?"

Silence.

Neither of the guys said anything, they both just stared at each other, each equally disgusted.

"I'm for it," Natsu said, smiling. "I mean, I wouldn't want to leave Lucy with him," The pinkette added, shooting a glare to Samuel who happily returned the favor.

"Oh, Lucy-Sama, you have terrible taste in guys. He's a barbarian," Samuel said, eyebrows furrowing, eyeing Natsu as if he were gum on his shoe--both annoying and repulsive.

"You are both idiots," I said, angered.

Once again, the two of them quieted and looked at me anticipated.

"Natsu is coming to dinner," I said, simply.

And I got my wish...

~

Samuel must have picked the fanciest place in Magnolia, or even in Fiore.

The booths were a dark, black velvet, and all waiters and waitresses wore formal clothing and were overly polite.

A waitresses greeting us, her dark hair matching the booths. "Hello, once you're seated I can take your order," she spoke with excitement. I figured it was her first day.

"I will have the lemon seasoned roast chicken with biscuits & cream as a side, and Roast Leaf tea," Samuel said, smiling. A little too much.

The waitress scribbled down notes on her pad then turned to Natsu. "You, sir?"

Natsu fumbled with the menu--and couldn't even pronounce most of the foods. Much less even know what they were.

"I'll have the...crasant? What's that? Lucy, what the hell is a crasant?"

"Natsu, I think you mean crasaunt," I said, clearing my throat, embarrassed.
He nodded, although I was sure Natsu still had no idea what a crasaunt was. "Okay, I'll take the crasant and some...nah that'll be all." He grinned at the waitress, and she smiled back, too, although it seemed a bit forced.

This time, she looked to me.

"You ma'am?"

"Oh, just a simple salad will do," I assured her, relieved when she finally ran off.

"Samuel, what the hell? Did you plan this?" I hissed.

"Lucy, what ever do you mean? I just chose a nice restaurant. I thought you'd appreciate it. You went to these things lots when you were younger, yes?"

"Exactly, when I was younger. Not with Natsu with me."

Natsu glared at Samuel with me, although I was sure he was doing it just because he wanted to support me. It was obvious he had no idea what was going on.

"But Lucy, you do use such a vulgar vocabulary these days, don't you? What ever would your mother say?"

~

I plopped down on the bench, my short, stubby legs dangling off the edge, not yet even brushing the ground.

"Mommy, I finished my piano lessons." I said, smiling.

She smiled back, too.

"Oh, Lucy. You're going to be the most beautiful pianist. I just know it," she exclaimed, wrapping me in a hug.

To be honest, I didn't find the piano all that...fun. But mother liked the thought of me doing it, so I did. Despite the fact I enjoyed writing much, much more, I did it for her happiness.

If she was happy, I was.

"WHAT THE HELL--? DAM--"

My father shouted, although his shouts were muffled by my mother. "What do you think you're doing, using such vulgar language in front of Lucy?" She hissed at my father. I'd never seen her so mad before, not ever.

Frightened and not wanting to be caught in the middle of their outbursts, I scurried to my room, where I found our maid and my caretaker, Anne.

"Anne, what does 'damn' mean?" I questioned, curious.

She stopped picking up my toys and turned to me, her eyebrows furrowed with shock and disbelief.

"Lucy, where did you hear that?" She whispered, her voice quiet but harsh.

"From father. He was yelling on the phone lacrima." I informed her, smiling.

She, however, did not smile.

"Lucy, that is a bad, bad word!" She scolded, raising her finger in the air.

"How can a word be bad?"

"It can mean bad things."

"If it means bad things and we aren't supposed to say it, why have that word in this first place?"

Anne shook her head, sighing. "Oh, child, you ask too many questions."

Then she turned to me, her face grim.

"But never, ever say that world or any others like that. What ever would your mother say?"

~

"I don't care," I said flatly, looking Samuel square in the eyes.

He shook his head, looking trouble.

"Lucy, you sure have changed..."

Natsu and I continued to glare. "Just tell me what you know about father," I said, my voice dark and strict.

"Yah. Tell us what you know," Natsu added, trying his best to sound intimidating, although there's only so much you can do wrapped in so bandages it looked like you were cosplaying a mummy.

"I don't know much, just that he does not plan on being found anytime soon. But no, I don't think he's dead. He's very much alive, although I've never seen him...in proper lighting."

Natsu eyed his suspiciously.

"And why are you telling us this? Aren't you on his side?"

Samuel scoffed. "I'm a man of my word. I promised I'd tell Lucy if I took her out on a date, so I did. And no, I'm not 'picking sides'. I'm just trying to get Lucy back."

Natsu looked to me, bored. "He's lying. Let's go."

Samuel looked baffled. "I am not lying!" He hissed, sounding offended.

"Are to!" Natsu shot back.

"Am not, you idiot!"

"You're the idiot, blonde guy!"

"Pink head!"

"Blonde baka!"

"Fire-breathing creep!"

"Lying litt--"

"Guys, stop." I ordered, once again.

"Yes, mommy." They both said in unison, sitting back down. "We're attracting a crowd!" I said as I looked around to see people stop eating to look at us, wondering what was going on.

"I'm leaving," I said suddenly, standing up after grabbing my purse. Natsu nodded and followed, along with Samuel.

"I left a check on the tab--"

But I never got to finish that sentence.

Because a magical bullet came whirring past my head.