Chapter 17

"And the last team...FAIRY TAIL A!"

The crowd went wild with cheers. The last time we'd been at the GMG, everyone booed us.

So this was a pleasant change.

We all cheered, and 'we' (Samuel, Lunar, Natsu, Erza and I), came out onto the field, heads held high.

"Now! Let the games begin, kabo!"

And so they did.

~

(A/N: instead of the normal events in the GMG, I'm going to make up my own.)

"First event, Maze Runner! A Mage from each team is placed inside a maze where we also have magical monsters. Whoever makes it out alive first, 5 points! 2nd place, 3 points! 3rd place, 1 point! Any lower then that equals no points! Now each team make your pick of Mages!"

Natsu looked at me smiling once the announcer had clicked off.

"I think you should go, Luce."

Lunar and Samuel both nodded in agreement. "Yea, Neesan is a very logical person and could probably figure out the Maze in no time! Plus she has her spirits and they could help her think and plan as well."

"I vote Lucy-Sama as tribute."

Erza nodded thoughtfully. "Our only problem is the monsters. We don't know how strong they are. But I think you can handle it."

I beamed. "I'm gonna make you all proud of me!"

And with that, I ran into the Maze.

~

It was a tunnel Maze--and it was so dark I really couldn't see much of anything. Everywhere we turned, there was a dead end.

I had Loke (A/N or Loki) walking right beside me, carefully listening.

All was quiet, so quiet it was as if we were the last two people in the world.

Until..."ICE MAKE: DRAGON!"

Loke suddenly grabbed me and jumped up, just hardly missing a dragon made of ice burrow into the ground below.

"I see you've gotten better, Lucy. How is Juvia-Chan doing?"

Turning around I saw Gray's old training buddy, Lyon.

"Just fine, thank you." I said, clearing my throat and clutching my keys, preparing to fight.

Lyon smirked. "Don't expect to defeat me, Lucy Heartfilia! Ice Make: Tiger!"

"Open Taurus, the Gate of the Bull!"

Loke disappeared in a flash and suddenly Taurus appeared, ramming Lyon's ice tiger in the head with his axe.

Lyon's smirk faltered as his tiger began to disappear, since we had defeated it with just one whack. "Ice Make: EAGLE!"

"Open the gate of the maiden, Virgo!"

Then Taurus disappeared and Virgo appeared. "Quickly, Virgo, dig!"

The Eagles had begun to crowd around us, scratching me until it began to draw small, bloody cuts.

"Yes, Princess."

She then dug a hole underground and we fled from Lyon and his Eagles.

~

We had reappeared in a different part of the Maze, and the walls were made of cool, wet stone.

The moisture in the air kept making it harder and harder to breath.

We walked and walked until Virgo finally had decided to leave back into the spirit world, and my legs were aching, my arms heavy.

I had to battle monster after monster.

They were weak, small monsters, but were persistent and came in large numbers.

Before I knew it, my magic energy was almost depleted.

Until finally I spotted light peeking out.

I ran towards it, ignoring my aching body. Was this it? The end? Would I earn all those points for my team?

"Hold it, Blondie."

Looking behind me I saw Flare, her hair engulfed in flames.

She was powerful and obviously ready to fight.

Meanwhile my legs were killing me and I was nearly drained of magic energy, to the point where I wanted to drop.

How would I win?