Chapter 25

After the day of games was coming to a close, Natsu once again appeared in my room.

"Luce!" He grinned. "Did you see us? We so kicked ass out there."

I smiled. "Yah. You did."

We sat in silence for awhile, after all we didn't need to speak, we were content with just one another's company.

"But Luc--"

"Hi guys!" Lunar cheered as she, Samuel, Gray and Erza tumbled into my room, all holding bags overflowing with goods.

"I bought I'm-sorry-for-stuffing-you-into-a-stuffy-room-with-nothing-to-do-while-we-go-kick-ass comfort food."

Erza and Lunar carried the many bags with ease, while Samuel and Gray seemed to be struggling.

I chuckled nervously and exchanged glances with Natsu. "You didn't have to do that..."

She beamed. "I know! To be honest, I just wanted to eat something and wanted a good excuse for it."

She then hummed and set the bags by my bed while Erza, Gray and Samuel did the same.

"Lucy-Sama...Lunar is...evil..." He panted. "All those stairs..."

"Hey, have you ever thought that I'm not evil but you're just fat and outta shape?" Lunar snapped.

Erza and Gray had both hands on their knees and were panting as well, though, although Lunar didn't seem to notice.

Samuel was about to say something back but was interrupted.

By a speaker that was installed in every room in the infirmary so they could listen to the GMG.

"Hello, humans. Enjoy your final moments for your king has arrived. Fleeing is futile. Attacking is useless. Prepare yourselves." *click*

Natsu furrowed his eyebrows. "Who the hell was that? They were rather blunt."

Erza shook her head, eyes cold. "I don't know, but I don't like this..."

Gray also looked angry and rather confused. "This can't be good."

Meanwhile Samuel and Lunar were yelling at each other, so loud and so engrossed in their own conversation to the point were they didn't even hear the man.

"Guys! Look!" I yelled, pointing out my window.

A large mechanical monster was stomping towards us, smushing houses and people as it went.

It was made of metal, and it glinted in the sun's rays, so that just looking at it was nearly blinding. Two large antennas shot out of the creature's head with huge red balls attached. It had no face, for other then the antennas and the two balls, it was just slab after slab of metal.

Made purely for destruction.

For death.

Samuel and Lunar looked out the window along with the rest of us, alarmed.

"C'mon, Natsu, let's play~!"

A person was floating in our direction and suddenly shot a beam of dark energy which hit the infirmary, and it suddenly dissolved and we landed on the dirt.

Many other patients had fallen as well.

Thankfully the infirmary wasn't too high off the ground.

But the man shot yet another beam which this time exploded, dissolving anyone in its fallout into dust. "Natsu I see you." The man cooed, his voice sickeningly sweet.

We looked up, the man hovering above us, smiling and eyes glinting with glee, as if he'd just won a prize.

Not just any man.

But Zeref.

A/N: Two short chapters in one day! Sorry. But this book is going to end soon, in the next few chapters, since I feel it has gone on long enough. I hope you guys are looking forward to the finale! Happy reading!