Chapter 4 - Not So Friendly Guildmates?

"Samu--" I began, stuttering.

"OI!" An enraged voice shouted, sounding, well, enraged.

I turned around. "What are you doing here?" The pinkette, Natsu, growled, stumbling into the guild--barely able to even stand straight.

"Oh. It's you. I fancy meeting you, too, I guess." Samuel spoke with his eyebrow raised.

"I didn't even expect you to be back so soon..." He muttered, so softly in the loud guild that only I could hear it. What was that supposed to mean?

"Lucy! Get away from him, or he'll hurt you!" Natsu said, grabbing onto the guild walls in order to stand straight.

This didn't look like the "minor cold" Levy had described.

"N...Natsu?" I barely managed to squeak. What in the name of Mavis was going on?

Samuel slid a sly arm around my shoulder. "I would never hurt you, Lucy-Sama. This man here must just be unwell." His voice was cold.

"Natsu! What are you doing, accusing our new members of such blasphemous things?!" The Master yelled, his loud and dominant voice silencing the guild.

Natsu winced, and I couldn't tell if it was because of the Master's disapproval or what was wrong with him.

"No, no, Master...I'm sure we just have a misunderstanding. Please cut this man some slack. And don't worry, if he has to go to a place for the...unwell, I shall pay for it." Once again his voice was smooth, cold.

"Samuel, I assure you, Natsu may be...unwell, but not in the way you're thinking. He's...sane."

'For the most part, anyways...' I mused.

"Natsu, eh?" Samuel said, eyeing Natsu as if he was some prey--some lifeless beast that would never fully benefit him for long, unless he was seeking a new toy.

Natsu glared at him as well, and tension in the guild began to grow.

"Fight, fight!" A few members chanted, although others, like Wendy, hoped against it, due to Natsu's current state.

"P...Please stop..." The small Dragon Slayer murmured, although her voice was nothing compared to the crowd surrounding Natsu and Samuel.

"What kind of magic does he even use?" Someone said.

"Ooo, he's kinda cute..." Some girls in the crowd giggled gleefully.

"Is he challenging Natsu? No way he'll win!"

"Natsu looks really hurt...I wonder what happened?"

"Is Natsu drunk? He looks drunk. We should all get drunk. Booozzzeee...."

"Everyone, SHUT UP!" A rather annoyed Master demanded.

And, at once, the guild fell silent, although the tensions only seemed to grow.

"Now Natsu, do you care to explain yourself for causing such a ruckus?"

(Natsu's P.O.V.)

Was Gramps really blaming ME for this?!

What about that blonde-headed douche?! Plus what was Lucy thinking? She wasn't siding with him, was she? Well, she wasn't exactly standing up for him, or me, for that matter, either...

Ugh, where was Gray and Erza when you needed them? Of course they had to go on a mission when I needed them most.

"But Gramps, I swear it's not my fault--"

He cut me off with a sharp glare.

My hand slipped from the wall which I was holding myself up on, and I fell. On my face.

Laughs, laughs, and more laughs.

Until...they started to fade. Actually, all noise began to fade. Slowly, slowly my vision grew blurrier, and blurrier still. Was...was that...Lucy? Running towards me?

But I couldn't tell. For I blacked out.