Chapter 20

(Erza's P.O.V.)

I ran out, searching for Natsu. He and Lucy hadn't returned in hours, nor had they checked in.

Everyone was worried.

I searched the town's streets, my hope beginning to dwindle with each failed search attempt.

Nearly everyone in the guild was searching for them.

When I finally found Natsu, he was alone.

And Lucy was missing.

~

(Normal P.O.V.)

Natsu lay there in a puddle of blood, his hair, clothes and skin now stained.

Erza let out a horrified gasp and quickly tried to do whatever she could to stifle the bleeding.

She quickly picked up her phone Lacrima. "Master! I...I found Natsu! He's...nearly dead." The scarlet haired Mage choked on the last words, as if it pained her to say them.

The master was quiet for a minute but quickly sent out healing Mages, like Wendy, in Erza's direction.

Who could've done this?

(Happy's P.O.V.)

I flew out of the bar, my eyes beginning to grow wet.

I had heard what Master and Erza had said, loud and clear.

"Nat...su..." I cried, and began to sniffle. I should've been there for him! So why wasn't I?

"I'm a failure of an exceed," I sobbed and fell onto the ground.

"No, you're not, blue cat."

I turned around to see Carla, giving me a sympathetic smile although she looked sad.

"Carla..." I said wistfully, almost questioning if she was even there.

"Shouldn't you go see Natsu?"

I quickly wiped my tears, covering up my sorrow with a big smile. "Aye sir!"

~

(Natsu's P.O.V.)

"Lucy! Lucy!" I cried, desperately reaching out for her.

"I'm sorry, Natsu." She said, her voice low. "I really am."

"No, Lucy! Please!"

She turned around and gave me a small smile. "I'm still a member of Fairy Tail, right?"

I nodded, doing my best not to cry anymore then I already was.

"Yes! You are! Please, Lucy, come back to Fairy Tail with me!"

She gave me another small smile, and tears began slipping down her cheeks. "Don't forget about me, Natsu. Please."

"No, no, no...LUCY!"

But she had already disappeared, vanished into the blackness, swallowed by the shadows.

She was now dead, leaving me behind, sobbing.

And I didn't even get to tell her how much I loved her, one last time.

~

I awoke clutching my chest, and my head was heavily bandaged.

Happy tackled me, giving me a big hug.

"Natsu...I'm so sorry!" He said, burying his head into my chest.

"Happy...where's Lucy?"

My blue exceed paused, and he suddenly looked as if he was about to cry. "Natsu..."

"Yes?"

"Lucy was found dead just over and hour ago."

A/N: two short chapters in one day! I hope you enjoy! I love hearing feedback from you all. So thanks for reading!