Part 3: New Life

Dawn had fallen asleep at her bedside while books and notes surround her. She had been up all night trying to study the Boiling Isles, but with no sleep and no food, she had weakened. Dawn tried so hard to resist sleep and kept nodding off with a book in hand. She feels herself falling deeper before quickly forcing herself to wake up.

"No! Nrgh . . . Darn it all," said Dawn drowsily and rubs her eyes.

She even started making the hat for Silbi just to keep her mind busy. Dawn rubs her brows and hears her stomach growl. She sighs and leans her head back and looks around. "Right. Still here. Oi . . ."

Her legs had fallen asleep being in position for so long making her wince in pain. She holds on to the bed and took a breath before hearing her door open. She quickly shoves Silbi's hat and material under her bed and looks up to meet the person.

It was a different witch this time: a tall, slender woman with dark green hair and bright green eyes and an air of nobility. She holds a white staff with what appears to be a raven at the top. Dawn blinks and felt a little embarrassed for still wearing her nightgown.

"Good morning. You must be Dawn, the human," said Lilith and examines Dawn's messy room. "My, you've certainly made yourself . . . comfortable here."

"Sorry. I-I was afraid to sleep . . ." admitted Dawn. She was never a good liar.

"No need. My name is Lilith Clawthorne, head of the Emperor's Coven," said Lilith and examines Dawn herself. "Have you been awake all night long? I've also heard you haven't eaten your meals."

"I wasn't hungry," said Dawn when her stomach growls loudly. She blushes deeply and hugs her stomach to muffle the sound and gave Lilith a nervous chuckle.

Lilith narrows her eyes at Dawn and raises a brow. "Mm-hm. Well, let's get you ready and have you eat something. You're a human and Emperor Belos wants you well. We all know how fragile humans can be, and with your condition, it's best to take care of your body."

"Yes, ma'am," replied Dawn as she tries to wake her legs and pick herself up.

"Emperor Belos has prepared you a full wardrobe, so I suggest wearing something from there and show your appreciation," said Lilith. "I am ordered to escort you to the dining hall and then the throne room. Emperor Belos will be pleased to see you awake."

". . . Right." Somehow Dawn doubts that.

In the back of her mind, Emperor Belos gives her a lot of red flags and she prefers to avoid him. There was something creepy about him. Well, actually, a whole lot of somethings. Dawn felt his threatening motives oozing out of him and how he casually speaks to her like some inferior animal. The mask creeped her out the most and seeing his eyes glow from there sends her a strong message. Don't toy with me, human, she imagined.

Lilith waits outside the room while Dawn tries on the new clothes given to her. Strangely enough, there are modern clothes here in this weird world. She was curious how the other witches here thought of her when she appeared out of nowhere in her princess costume. She glances back at her bed and sees the princess dress peeking out.

She took a deep breath in and exhale. "Guess I'll finish the hat later."

Dawn comes out of her room and peeks her head out. She wore a sky blue sweater and white loose pants that felt soft to her. As much as she likes baggy jeans, and there are in the wardrobe, she didn't want to look disrespectful to the emperor.

Dawn follows Lilith downstairs and, like last time, she felt eyes everywhere. She glances back and wonders what makes her feel this way. It then reminded her of the hand out of the wall yesterday and quickly she distance herself from the walls.