Part 5: Silbi

(Child Oc designed using CocoPPa Play app.)

Just before visiting Dawn, before the confrontation, Silbi had her own adventure.

Silbi was in the slayground building a sandcastle in the sandbox. She twitches her lip and tilts her head to the side, trying to imagine her masterpiece, when a couple calls out to their child.

"Time to go home, sweetie!" called the Mama Witch.

The Papa Witch added, "Your mother is making grilled fungus beetle! Your favorite!"

"Yay!" cheered a Witch Boy as he slides down the slide and rushes over.

Silbi watches the kid running towards his parents as he grabs their hand, and claw, and leave the park together. She blinks and stares at their happy departure with those big, lonely eyes.

"Goo . . ." She coos softly and hung her head low. Then her sandcastle falls apart.

Silbi frowns at her fallen art before getting up and dusted the sand off her little dress. She picks up her drawstring bag and places it on her little back and forms a circle with her finger. A mini-portal appears and Silbi casually jumps in.

She lands in the darker parts of the forest and casually walks deeper inside. She carries her bag of goodies while walking alone into the forest. Eyes glow brightly in the darkness as Silbi walks further down.

She then enters a barren part of the forest and places her bag down. Silbi opens her drawstring bag and dumps candy out on the ground. The glowing eyes watched her until the creatures come out from hiding to eat the candy. Palismen. The palismen gather around Silbi and starts eating the candy. Silbi sat with them and ate one piece of candy herself before three baby bats showed up.

Silbi unwraps the candies for these baby bats and fed them a certain amount. A giant shadow flies over Silbi and the palismen and lands right in front of them. The baby bats chirp happily as their mother, the Bat Queen, arrives and lands.

She smiles warmly. "Eating candy already, my babies? Remember, save some room for dinner."

The Bat Queen then turn to Silbi, who waves her small hand to her while eating a crunchy candy bar. Bat Queen added, "It is good to see you again, Silbi. I thank you for bringing treats for everyone."

"Goo!" Silbi nodded while the palismen sat comfortably around her. The Bat Queen's smile fades a bit as she looks down on pitiful Silbi with concern. Silbi pats one palisman's head and helps unwrap a piece of candy for it. Bat Queen could tell Silbi was kind that's why she trusts her with her palismen. However, she also knew Silbi was special and quite lonely.

"Silbi," said Bat Queen while Silbi gave her attention. "You have done so much, child. Bringing smiles to these forgotten palismen and comforting them. You deserve a reward."

Bat Queen regurgitates a small chest of snails. Silbi shakes her head, unwilling to take the money, while Bat Queen pushes the chest towards Silbi with her clawed feet. "Take it, child. You need it more than me. Ever since your guardian has been captured you have been feeling lonesome, haven't you?"

Silbi lowers her head sadly and rubs her arm. She nods admittingly and the three bat babies snuggle close to her. Silbi hugs and nuzzles them back while Bat Queen smiles tenderly at them. Bat Queen allow Silbi to play with her children and the palismen and gave her chests of snails for it. That's how Silbi has been getting by.

Yes, she has a house here in the Boiling Isles, but it didn't feel like home without her guardian. Silbi had been raised by a wild witch ever since she was a baby, but everything changed when the emperor's guards stormed in and capture the guardian. That was about a month or two ago and now they are locked up in the Conformatorium. Silbi misses her guardian and hopes to see them again.