Part 39: Separation

(10/20/23-minor story and grammar edits done.)

Dawn teleports back to their room and lands on the floor. She blinks confused when she hears her palisman whimpering.

Dawn looks up and gasps; Silbi lays on her bed sleeping while Lila holds an item over her to keep her so. Yulong's trapped in a cage and Muk-Muk is tied with duck tape and inside a jar.

"Get away from them, you creep!!" shouted Dawn as she pounced at the doll.

Lila drops the sleeping item, waking Silbi. Dawn clutches the doll tightly while Lila pulls on her hair and fights back. The witchling sits up and rubs her eyes tiredly before noticing her trapped friends.

"Bad dolly!" exclaimed Silbi and uses her magic to free Yulong.

Yulong dashes out and opens the toy chest. Dawn follows after her palisman and tosses Lila in the chest. They shut it tight and don't intend to ever open it again. Silbi builds a lock and chains around it.

"Oh, Yulong! Silbi! Are you guys alright?!" Dawn asks worriedly as she hugs her palisman before hugging Silbi, too. "How did you find me, Silbi?"

"Astral plane, mama!" answered Silbi. "I was gonna leave like you told me, but then I fell sleepy. So I travel with my mind and found you, mama!"

"Thank you, baby, but now we gotta skedaddle!"

Dawn carries Silbi, and grabs their bags, while Yulong is in staff form. Silbi uses her magic to bring Muk-Muk to her, hugs him, and shoves him in her bag. Dawn rushes to the balcony when suddenly a new wall builds itself and blocks the way. Shocked, Dawn gasps, and Silbi growls aggressively as they back away.

"You two are not going anywhere." Belos declares as his voice echoes their room.

Silbi uses her magic and blasts fire at the bricked wall. It breaks a hole but it repairs itself and uses red arms this time.

"Bad dada!!!" growled Silbi.

Dawn turns around and runs for the door when suddenly Belos appears in the middle of their room.

"Belos!"  exclaimed Dawn and quickly backs away from him.

"Leaving so soon?" asked Belos sarcastically.

Silbi growls and uses abomination magic to attack Belos. However, he counters by using his staff to disintegrate the abominations.

"Stay away from us!" shouted Dawn as she aims her staff at him.

"Have you forgotten already, Dawn?" asked Belos and his staff glowed red.

Dawn's ring reacts to it and forces her to lower her staff. Yulong turns back and whimpers at his master. The ring forces Dawn to submit as she falls to her knees in pain.

"Mama!" exclaimed Silbi by her side. She glares at Belos and growls while her wolf ears and tail pop out.

She stands on fours before pouncing at Belos. He dodges her claws this time and avoids her magic before using those red hands to pin her down. Silbi flails around desperately and even tries to bite the hands.

"I haven't forgotten what you did in my mind, Silbi," said Belos as he sighed before turning back at Dawn. "I really didn't want to do this, but you two left me with no choice. Silbi will get her own room now and will be monitored daily."

Dawn growls, "I won't let you use Silbi, you witch-hunting jerk!"

"Try as you might, neither of you will escape this castle," said Belos coldly.

Belos then turns to Yulong and extends his grotesque arm to snatch him. Yulong is captured as he whimpers and struggles pitifully.

"No!!!" begged Dawn.