Part 53: The Day of Unity pt. 4

(Hi! You're not dreaming! This is indeed a new chapter! Happy spring break! FINALLY!!! Now read on!)

Meanwhile, Adam pretends to be caught before destroying the abomatons. He rushes inside the Titan's head, searching for Silbi. He clenches his teeth finding the Coven Leaders succeeding in their plan after catching Eda and the rebels.

"We'll come back for you," promised Adam before turning invisible and continuing to search for Silbi.

Amity and the others were on their way to rescue Luz . . .

~~~

Belos let out a monstrous roar after Luz tricked him and transformed into his horrifying form. Luz and Dawn scattered after Belos charged at them.

"Stop the Draining Spell!" demanded Luz who dodges from an attack.

Dawn dodges with Yulong on his staff form. "I don't think he's gonna cooperate, Luz!"

"But--!"

The girls use the invisibility glyph and put distance between them and Belos. Dawn races over to pick up Silbi in her arms before heading to the exit with Luz.

"Over here!" shouted Luz.

Belos whips his head back and starts chasing after them. Luz and Dawn rush out past the exit doors while Dawn carries Silbi. She looked back and suddenly Belos was gone. They stopped and gasped when a shadow looms over them.

"We do not belong here!!" growled Belos with that eerie voice.

"We're not like you!" Luz counters.

Belos is about to attack when Willow's plant magic restrains him.

"Oh, thank goodness!" said Dawn in relief when she suddenly feels drowsy. "What?! No . . ! Not now . . !"

Dawn lands on the ground and almost falls off Yulong. Dawn holds Silbi tightly in her arms while trying to sit up and stay awake. The dragon palisman stares at his owner worriedly.

"Dawn! Are you alright?!" Gus runs over to Dawn after putting King away from the fight.

"The curse . . . Silbi . . !" replied Dawn, who was forcing to keep her eyes open.

"Easy. Let me take Silbi," said Gus as he takes Silbi from Dawn.

She nodded but as Gus was about to take Silbi to King, Adam suddenly stands before them. They both gasp with Gus stepping back, protectively holding Silbi. "You're . . . You're the Grimwalker Darius told us about, aren't you?"

Adam nods and replies, "And you're the illusionist, one of the human's friends.

"You know us?" asked Gus.

Adam replies bluntly, "Your human friend is a chatterbox."

He then glances at Dawn, who flinches seeing him, before turning his attention to Silbi. He holds out his hands in an offering gesture. "I'll take Silbi back to the hideout. She knows me, and so does the Clawthorne man. She'll be safe with me. We can't let Belos have her."

Gus turns back at Dawn as if asking for her permission. She nods her head and pushes herself to get up. Yulong turns back into staff form to be used to support her.

Gus gives Adam to Silbi before rushing to Dawn's side. "Are you gonna be okay? Maybe you should go with him?"

"Y-Yeah. you're probably right," said Dawn before suddenly being pulled back by Belos.

"Dawn!!!" cried the others while Dawn quickly used her staff to break free. She shouts, "Just go now!!"

Adam nodded and quickly turned invisible with Silbi in his arms. Gus was going to tell him to take King, too, but it was too late and the place was falling apart. He rejoins the group in battle with Dawn resisting her curse.

~~~

Luz and the others were cornered by Belos, who was about to strike at them when the Collector stopped him.

"Whatchu playing?"

Luz and Dawn glance between him and Belos, stunned and surprised.

Belos steps back. "Collector? . . . You're free. Just as promised."

The star child faces him and replies, "'As promised'? I remember someone throwing me off the bridge. I'm not angry though! Say, you wanna play tag? . . . I'm it."

Shocked, Dawn and the others remain speechless at the Collector's power and the instant obliteration of Belos.

The Collector giggles, "Too slow? You guys look slow, too. Do you need a headstart? Oh! It's the lady!"

He was about to run up to Dawn when King stops him. "Whoa, whoa! Collector, buddy, pal!"

"King!" cheered the Collector happily.

"Oh, thank goodness . . ." said Dawn as her eyelids fall heavily.

Dawn collaspes in Luz and Amity's arms and finally, succumbs to her curse. Everything goes black for her as she drifts off to sleep. She faintly hears the Collector's and everyone's voices before entering her dreams.

~~~

I hope Silbi is okay?

Did Luz stop the Draining Spell?

Ugh, my body feels sore.

I hope nothing happened to the baby.

. . . Is Belos really dead?

Dawn groans softly as she finds herself in that empty world. She sits herself up and looks around tiredly.

"Well, at least, I can sleep peacefully now," she says to herself. "No more of Graye's stupid spells peeking through my memories."

Dawn examines her area, no longer surprised by the emptiness, but relieved she had no more nightmares. She then hugs herself and then her stomach.

"I really hope Luz and the others are alright. I wonder what's going on. Oh! I wonder who exactly was that kid earlier. Gus said he was a Grimwalker? Huh, he doesn't really look like Hunter . . . Oh, wait. Darius said he was made differently by Silbi's mother, Delia. And he said he knows her and Eda's dad. Oh, I hope everyone's okay."

Dawn knew she couldn't do much here, but felt like things will be okay now. At least, Belos is no longer in the way.

"Right?" Dawn asks herself with a nagging feeling. "Can Belos die that easily . . ?"

Dawn wonders and wanders in her dreamless world.

"I hope the Collector will be nice to everyone."

(Sorry if this isn't much, but I think I covered everything the best I could here before starting the next chapter with the new season. Finally, the good stuff is about to happen! My schemes and lores are ready!)