9 The Black Bulls

Yami had been watching this kid ever since he bumped into him at the beginning. Something was off about him, which was the only reason why he confronted him. But what he noticed, were two things. The first was his strength, even muscly Asta couldn't make him budge. But this kid had pried his hand off like it was nothing, without visible effort. And the next. He had no magic. And despite this, he could summon blue electricity just like Luck. He didn't even attempt the flying test, same with the seed one. Almost like he knew he couldn't do it. Yet, he exceeded expectation in the second test and did impressively on the third. The fifth he completed with a decent showing, and then the final...

His final showing was the most interesting. The kid definitely inhaled the poison, but he didn't even flinch. He hadn't thought much of it at first, maybe the poison wasn't very strong and he had a small resistance. But then the royal's reaction when he inhaled his own poison made his blood run cold for a second. He had started to foam at the mouth almost immediately, and passed out shortly afterwards as he desperately heaved for air. This kid, he wasn't normal. Casting aside his grimoire as well, in front of a royal no less. One thing he knew for sure, was that he wanted him.

"167" Yami shifted slightly, assuming a slightly more attentive stance. "It's him" Finral muttered. Finral had a habit of useless commentary, Yami thought his new green and different style hair was kind of dumb and pointless but that's on him. The kid stepped forward, that same blank emotionless expression that had been on his face from the start still present. His Ki was off as well, that was something else that he'd noticed. Then Jack raised his hand. Yami decided to hold off as most of the others lifted a hand, Yami raised his after William did. Every hand was raised. Just like when that Yuno kid took the exam. I don't think it's ever happened before, maybe two or three hands but never all of 'em. The last couple years had been the most notable in a while.

Yami watched as the white haired kid's eyes glided over each of the captains, looking them up and down one by one. It was like he was sizing them up, but his Ki told a different story. His Ki said he had already chosen, the rest was just for show. It was in the way he didn't really look at their faces, his stance was a little too relaxed as well. It wasn't the stance of someone who was choosing, but of someone who had already decided. He raised a hand, and pointed. His eyebrows raised slightly, as his finger was pointed directly at Yami. "Number 167, The Black Bulls" he could have chosen anyone, and yet. Finral was shocked as well, nobody voluntarily picked their squad if multiple were presented. Number 167 he thought, as he watched the crowd part and sidle away from him in a 5 meter bubble. I'm keeping my eye on you.

Killua was leaning on a wall outside of the testing building, waiting. Where is my new captain. It was nightfall now, he thought he'd have been transported immediately. Killua sensed a presence behind him, but heard no noise. "Took you long enough" He said, then turned. It was the black bulls captain, and he was standing next to a guy in a black bull's robe with brown and green tipped hair. His hair was swiped to the side, and he looked like a pretty boy. Pretty boys are usually assholes. "Interesting. You had everything all lined up and you still picked the squad with the worst reputation" Killua shrugged, then slipped off his fancy ass shirt. Underneath it was his normal clothing, his navy blue and white. "Heard this squad was full of those who nobody wants" He said, before shrugging his backpack back on over his shoulders. "Must mean you don't have any royal assholes, no lazy ass nobles" He put his hands behind his head, and Captain Yami chuckled. "Your interesting kid. Say, what's your name?"

Killua dropped his hands. "Killua Zoldyck" Yami's eyebrows raised. "Zoldyck?" does he recognize it? Father Orsi said something about a foreign squad captain. He nodded slightly. "That name sure as hell aint Japanese" he glanced over to the green haired pretty boy. "Finral, take us to the hideout" He nodded. "yes Yami sir!" A portal appeared and He stepped through, then appeared in front of what was indeed a hideout. What's all that noise- suddenly a blast of pure energy shot through a window and Yami sighed. "Damn idiots" This might get interesting. They approached the door, and Killua could already hear the chaos that was happening inside. When he opened the door he had to wave away a little smoke. There were two people fighting, one with fire magic and another with lightning. Some girl in what looked like a bikini was lounging on a couch and there were some other people there was well.

A stray bolt of electricity launched in his direction and he took it without flinching, Finral gaped but Yami raised his eyebrows slightly. "Ouch" he said sarcastically. Suddenly there was a yelling match and he saw some little tiny midget stuffing her face. The worst of the worst indeed. I think I'm gonna like it here. He was sick of being ignored though, so he let out a wave of bloodlust that surged over the hideout. "Shut up" He said coldly. Everybody froze, then he turned off said bloodlust and people started to notice who had come back. "CAPTAIN!" they cheered. Everybody ran over and started crowding around Yami, everyone was talking at once. Yami laughed, "Great to know ya missed me." Then he shot a glare. "Now shut up" Killua found it kind of amusing how they all dropped down obediently like well trained dogs.

"Alright, I'd like you all to meet our new recruit" Killua put his hands behind his head and dragged his gaze along each person with a detached and cold calculating expression. "Go on, introduce yourself" He said nothing for a moment, taking in this batch of misfits. "Killua Zoldyck" Then Finral started to introduce people. There was Gordon who was downright creepy, Grey who was...strange. Luck who was a battle maniac, Magna who was rude as hell, Vanessa who was a heavy drinker, Gauche who had a sister complex, and Charmy who was a food addict. "There are a few more but-" Killua heard something, so he activated En. Is that a... Killua pointed towards the door. "There's a midget running full speed towards the hideout while yelling. Someone's tailing behind him on a broom" Yami chuckled. "Perceptive aren't you" He shrugged, then turned.

A short guy with spiked grey hair and a black bandanna burst through the door. "SORRY CAPTAIN YAMI SIR! DID WE GET ANY-" He was cut off with a yelp as a girl with blue hair on a broom slammed into him from behind. "DON'T JUST STOP IN FRONT OF ME BAKASTA!" He put his hands behind his head, putting on the same cold intimidating look he had before. The grey haired kid stood up, rubbing the back of his head. "Anyways, did we get-" He broke off as his eyes lit upon Killua. "Oh hey!" he walked over with a smile and a hand out. "The name's Asta! Nice to meet you!" He blinked. "From Hage" Asta's eyes went wide. "How'd you know that? You been there? Do you live there? I don't remember-" Killua sighed. "Camped there for a few days, met your family, whatever" He dragged his gaze over to the blue haired girl. "You"

She looked uncomfortable for a moment, before collecting herself and putting on a regal pose with a hair flip. "Noelle Silva" snot nosed royal brat. "Thought there weren't supposed to be any stuck up royalty here" Asta stepped in. "hey! Noelle's great!" He protested, Killua saw her blush a little and look away. "Alright, give him the initiation thing and get it over with" initiation? Magna grinned, cracking his knuckles. "ALRIGHT! Let's take this outside!"

1382 words

To be continued...

Since the last chapter was kind of short, I decided to post this one too today. -3- Hope yall enjoy the extra content ;3