47 Killua's past pt.3

Killua closed the bathroom door, then looked down at the knife in his hands. "There must be...a mistake" He said in confusion, muttering to himself. "Isn't Killua's biggest conviction to save children?" Vanessa said in alarm. 10 year old Killua frowned slightly. "Why does a kid have a bounty?" He shrugged, then put on a monotone expression. When he went back out, Emily was nowhere to be found. He walked over to her room, then stood next to her bed and raised the knife, then hesitated. Killua's grip tightened and he gritted his teeth, then inched the knife lower. He froze, breathing hard. "Why...won't my limbs move?" he murmured softly to himself. Killua gritted his teeth again. "C'mon you're a Zoldyck, just-"

There was a tense silence as he held the knife inches from her neck. Killua's grip wavered. "Kil, what's taking so long?" Illumi said from outside the door. He gripped his knife a little harder. "Big brother, my limbs won't move" Asta took a sharp breath. "Don't tell him that idiot" He muttered. Illumi walked in, then stood beside Killua. "Just push the knife down, it's no different than usual" Killua nodded and switched his grip on the knife, then brought it down on her neck. His arm froze again, an inch above. Illumi frowned slightly, then put a hand on his wrist and pressed it down. Gon growled and little Killua's face faltered for a moment before resuming his monotone expression. "Mission complete" Illumi said, then left the room. Killua stayed for a moment, putting a hand to his chest. "Why do I feel...weird"

Time skipped once more, Killua was lifting weights. A few of the bull's eyes popped a little when they saw him lift more than a ton with ease. "isn't he 11 here?" Asta muttered. Killua made his way outside, then started to dislocate his arms and shoulders. Multiple people jumped at the popping noises, but 11 year old Killua didn't seem to be in any pain. "Hmm...I'm bored" He thought for a moment, then whistled sharply. Mike came out of the trees and dropped his nose to Killua's height. He rubbed along his snout with a sigh. "It's so boring here. I wonder..." Suddenly Mike shifted a little, and he noticed that Milluki was on his back. Killua blinked, then all of a sudden he had a massive paw on him. "O-Oh my god-" Noelle gasped.

Killua let out a yell of anger. "MILLUKI YOU BASTARD!" The paw lifted, and his back had a massive claw mark in it. Milluki snickered. "Oops, sorry Kil" He stood up with a scowl. "I'm gonna burn your anime figure collection for that Piggy!" He gasped, then growled. "If you so much as touch them I'll tell mama to-" Killua rolled his eyes. "To what? Have you beat me again for training? Oh please do, it'll be worth it" Captain Yami chuckled. "he was still like this even in that kind of environment" Gon shrugged. "Nobody in that family is normal, honestly I think Killua is the one with the most sanity. Well, scratch that. Alluka's the one with the most sanity, Killua's second"

The scene changed again, Killua was on another mission. He had just finished up, a throat cleanly sliced. But then...he looked at a photo. It was a picture of the man and his wife and 3 children. Killua paused, then walked over and looked at it again. Killua heard footsteps and froze, then bolted up onto a dark corner of the ceiling and watched as a woman came in. the woman froze, then her hand went to her mouth. "S-Sala!" She cried, running over and sobbing over his dead body. Killua's expression didn't change, not until the two older children came in. "Papa?" Nero put a hand to her mouth, Killua's monotone expression wavered. The youngest stumbled in as well, rubbing her eyes with a confused mumble. He crawled into an air vent, then peered down to watch. No more than 5 seconds later the entire family was on the floor, and Killua's breath hitched.

"He just...killed them all" Asta said shakily as Illumi walked out with an emotionless expression. "They weren't even on the list!" Vanessa cried. Kurapika's eyes shone red once more. "Illumi is ruthless, he will stop at nothing to get the end result he so desires." They saw Killua's eyes widen slightly. "Kil, you're an assassin. Your supposed to be in and out without alerting anyone. Come down here" Killua put on a monotone expression and slid down onto the floor, Illumi looked him in the eye, and his pupils seemed to be...swirling. It was terrifying, even to the people watching. "So I had to clean up the mess for you" Killua said nothing for a few moments. "I won't screw up next time big brother" He said emotionlessly.

The image rippled once more, Killua was in his room now. "They...didn't do anything. I thought people with bounties were criminals and drug dealers" He said to himself, looking lost. "I always wondered how the change came about" Kurapika said softly. "I don't want to kill people that don't deserve it" He mumbled, gripping his knife. It was his 20 Kg one. Then he stood up, and walked out of the room. The spectators watched as he navigated through the mansion, then stopped at a door. "Mother?" Gon huffed. "I think I know what's about to happen" He said bitterly. Nobody looked away from the scene though as Kikyo came out. "Yes dear? I'm busy" Killua looked down. "I don't want to be an assassin anymore, I want to choose my own path"

Kikyo froze, then put a hand to her mouth. "M-My baby" Then she started shaking a little, soon enough she was sobbing. "W-What the hell?" Finral said. "All he said was that he wanted to choose his own path" Vanessa protested. Killua looked slightly taken aback, then just straight up left. "I don't like this mansion anymore" he muttered to himself, glaring around his room. "It's boring, I want to do something else. When was the last time I left the estate without Illumi watching me? Never." He sat down heavily on his bed, scowling. Then, something seemed to click in his brain. "If I...run away, I won't have to deal with this bullshit anymore" He said brightly, leaping up. "How do I leave without getting caught though?" He mused to himself. Then he grinned. "Stab 'em and run. I like that"

Gon snickered, a few of the bulls gave him nervous looks. "You'll like this next part, trust me." Kurapika smiled a little. "I think I might" The scene moved once again to Killua, he had a six strapped backpack and his favorite outfit on. He also had the knife in his hands, and was half sneaking half strolling towards the door. "Kil, where are you going?" Kikyo asked, from behind him. Killua turned with a smile. "Goodbye mother" Then he slashed the knife across her face. She screamed, falling backwards. Killua started running, then was intercepted once more. "So that's how she got that bandage on her face" Gon mused. Killua didn't hesitate, stabbing his brother in the side and shoving him out of the way. "Gah!" He snickered and kept running, before exiting the mansion and going full speed to the gate.

Killua shoved open the testing gates, the third one opened due to how much of a hurry he was in. "Holy crap he was right, those are huge" Asta said in amazement. Kurapika sighed, "I could probably do the first one if Leorio was there as well" Noelle blinked. "Leorio?" Gon waved a hand, "You'll see him later" By the time people started paying attention again Killua was looking at a flyer as he was on a tree branch. "The...Hunter's exam" He said, smiling a little. "Sounds like fun. I wonder who I'll meet in this little...game"

1304 words

To be continued...