26 Fuck

Killua shot awake with a gasp. He paused, then his eyes fell on Gon. Gon was sleeping beside him, he had insisted giving Killua the hammock while he used a tree branch. The same dream... He'd been having a dream over and over again, it was why he hadn't slept since the mission. At first he'd thought that his anxiety was giving him dreams of his worst memories, and... Killua bit his lip. Gon's here now, I don't have panic attacks anymore. So why... He slid out of the hammock and made his way into the hideout. It had been a few days since Gon had come back and he was mostly healed now, there was only a slight lingering soreness. He entered the building and sat down heavily on Vanessa's couch. It was comfy as hell and he just sat there to think.

I can't do this forever, I need to sleep somehow...but... he didn't want to. He didn't want to dream if the only thing he saw was that scene. Killua's breath hitched slightly and he put a hand to his mouth. Gon... He gritted his teeth and slammed his head into the nightstand. It cracked, the sound echoed through the dark halls and blood dripped down his forehead. S-Stop! Don't think about it! But he couldn't. he couldn't get the image out of his brain. It scared him, scared him more then he'd ever been scared before. The image of Gon on the floor, the blood on Killua's hands. He started to hyperventilate, nails digging into his palms. "What's that noise..." He flinched, then activated Zetsu and dove under the couch. I-I can't let anyone see me like this, damn it- "What the hell was-" Killua recognized the voice now it was Asta. The footsteps got closer, and he saw feet near the nightstand that he'd destroyed. "Holy crap this thing's shattered" He muttered.

Killua quickly used Nen to heal his forehead, then wiped off the blood on his sleeve. Suddenly Asta froze, and Killua silently cursed himself as he activated Zetsu again. "I know your there!" he shouted. He can sense Ki or whatever, since he was being aware at the random sight he had his senses open. Shit. Killua listened as Asta drew his sword, then he heard more footsteps. "The hell's all this yelling? It's 12:00 at night" Magna grumbled, then he heard the footsteps freeze. "I heard a noise and went to see what it was about" Asta whispered. "I sensed someone's Ki, but it disappeared the next instant. It was so fast I didn't have time to track it" Killua bit his lip, then his eyes fell on a bottle. This is gonna come off so fucking bad but there's no way around it. He silently grabbed the bottle and downed half of it, then let out a sigh. "Well fuck, I'm caught"

The two froze, and Killua slipped out from under the couch with a fake yawn, bottle dangling between his fingers. Asta blinked, "Killua?" He deactivated Zetsu and Magna let out a growl. "Why the hell are you making noise this late? And don't you sleep outside?" He said angerly. He shrugged, then lifted the bottle up and knocked back an inch. When he was done he licked his lips and pretended to rub his eyes. "Can't sleep, I came to have a drink" The other two were silent for a moment. "This late? The hell-" There was a groan. "Why the fuck are people awake?" Vanessa grumbled, then her eyes landed on the three. "Well I was trying to cure my insomnia by getting drunk. However, I accidently broke something and Mr. 'I'm so buff' over here just had to make noise"

He knocked back the rest of the bottle when Asta put his sword back in his grimoire. "What the heck happened with your Ki? It was just, gone" He sighed, then activated Zetsu. Asta's eyes widened. "W-What-" He was gone in a flash and everybody was looking around in confusion, then Killua appeared behind Asta with a slight smirk. It took a full 30 seconds for someone to notice him, that someone was Vanessa. Her eyes went wide but she said nothing, Magna noticed it soon as well but kept silent. Asta squinted around for about another 15 seconds. "Did he leave?" Killua let out a catlike grin and tapped him on the shoulder. Asta yelped like a girl, jumping a good 3 inches into the air. He took a few steps back with wide eyes. "I can't sense your Ki!"

Killua nodded. "Since being able to sense people is so common from where I'm from, there's also a way to conceal your presence" He explained tiredly. "useful for stalking and shit, also shoplifting. Pickpocketing, sneaking places, planning murder, oh yeah also playing hide and seek. Plus running away from people" There was silence for a few moments. He shrugged. "Just listed a few things it's used for, there's a bunch more but I'm too tired to think of them" Suddenly a knife whizzed by and he grinned as he caught it between two fingers. All three of the others looked tense and scared, but he chuckled. It was his 20KG knife. "Nice try" Gon pouted and leapt out from the shadows. "Aww man! You were distracted too! And I was using Zetsu!" Killua snorted. "I never let my guard down dumbass, you're the most vulnerable in the middle of the night when your drowsy." Gon reached for his knife and he scowled. "Oi! Stop touching my shit" Gon huffed. "Excuse me, that's my knife" Gon said.

He blinked. "Oh right there identical" Killua tossed the knife to Gon and he caught it by the hilt, then crossed his arms. "Now, why the hell are you out here in the middle of the night?" He slipped the bottle behind his back and into his bag, then tucked his hands behind his head. "No reaason~" He gave Killua a look. "I can smell the wine Killua" He groaned, then removed the bottle and set it on the couch. "Damn you and your infuriatingly strong nose" He muttered. Gon suddenly froze. "Why the fuck do I smell blood?" The other three had alarmed looks and he rubbed the back of his head with a deep sigh. "I swear you can smell a single fucking flower in an entire meadow. Why the hell's your nose so good?" Gon shot him a glare. "Don't avoid my question, I can see it on your sleeve as well" Well fuck.

"cut myself on a shattered nightstand" He admitted. Gon's eyes fell on said nightstand and he frowned slightly. "You seem a little off" He snorted. "It's midnight, I'm tired as fuck, and I'm recovering from slight depression. Now tell me, am I really that off?" Gon was about to open his mouth and he shushed him with a finger to his lips. "Shh, go to sleep" He said. "It's late. Take my damn hammock if you want, I'm gonna crash on this nice comfy couch" He said, before falling backwards onto Vanessa's couch and grabbing another drink. "Ok fine, but no more than 5 bottles, or I'm gonna tell Lupe to bite you in the ass" His eyebrows raised slightly. "Did you just swear?" Gon huffed. "It's 12 in the night and I have to tell you not to drink wine. Get your ass to sleep so I can too" He looked away with a slight blush. Well damn. "After a few more, you go sleep in the hammock aight?"

Gon locked eyes with him for a quick second before holding a finger up. "Only one more alright?", 'Don't get yourself under suspicion.' He let out a sigh, holding his finger up as well. "One" He pretended to agree. 'I'll sleep in an hour or two' He lied through his teeth pretty much, no way in hell he'd go back to sleep. Gon ruffled his hair, then yawned and bounced off. "Night!" The other three cleared off and Killua was left alone, as soon as there was nobody there he gritted his teeth and dug his nails into his palms. Fuck, that was close.

1366 words

To be continued...