48 Killua's past pt.4

"Game? I thought you said you could die!" Finral said in alarm, the image changed once more to Killua on his skateboard. He was gliding effortlessly through a tunnel, following a pack of people. "Oh, that's the first phase. We had to follow Mr. Satoz for 80 Kilometers without breaks, although there wasn't a given time or distance so nobody knew how long we'd be running for" Captain Yami huffed. "I think most people would have trouble doing that. Well, maybe except for this muscle head" He said, glancing sideways at Asta. Suddenly there was a shout. "hey you! Kid on the skateboard!" Killua slowed a little, glancing behind him. "Hm?" Leorio and Kurapika were running, and Nero pointed. "Would that happen to be Leorio?" Gon nodded, "Yeah"

"That's cheating! This is supposed to be an endurance test!" Leorio tried to scold. He shrugged, turning away. Then there was a voice, a very familiar one. "That's not true Leorio! All he said was 'follow me' your allowed to use anything you bring with you" Killua's face showed a hint of surprise, then when he turned to face who was speaking he seemed to look at him for a while. "Hi! What's your name? how old are you?" Killua didn't answer for a few moments, like he was confused. "oh, its ok if you don't wanna answer, my name's Gon and I'm 12 years old!" Killua blinked. "Twelve years...old" He said softly. Then he flipped his skateboard up and landed on the ground with it over his shoulder. "Guess I'll run too" Gon's eyes gleamed. "Woah! That was so cool!"

Time skipped once more, they were on the edge of the cliff. Gon grinned "I remember this!" Menchi crossed her arms. "Alright, your turn" She said, holding up an egg. Gon was still grinning, the bulls were confused. Some buff guy's eyes widened. "T-that's insane! Nobody would be stupid enough to-" Then Gon jumped off the cliff. Killua followed, along with a bunch of other people. "That's way too deep!" Asta yelled. They caught onto the spider eagle webs with an egg in hand, then Gon signaled it was time to fall. A gust of air brought them all back up, and the scene changed once more.

They were on an airship, Gon and Killua in front of a window. "Your parents, are they...I mean where are they?" Kurapika blinked. "Oh, this is when he tells you about his family right?" Gon nodded. "Yeah!" Killua thought for a moment, "Hmmm...alive. probably" Then Gon asked a question that made the bulls go slightly on edge. "What do they do?" Killua didn't hesitate in his reply, or change his tone. "Oh, their assassins" Gon turned, "Huh? Both of them?" Killua turned as well, then started laughing. "That was seriously your reaction?" Noelle said. "That's your response?" Killua said, laughing some more. "You really are a riot aren't ya" Gon blinked. "But it's true, isn't it?" Killua put a hand on his chin. "Hm? Why d'ya think that?", "just a hunch", "weird" Killua turned. "most of the time people only like me because they can't tell if I'm serious or not"

Time shifted again, this time they were in trick tower. Killua was standing in front of Jonas the dissector, and Gon's eyes gleamed. "Ahh! Killua's trick tower fight!" Then Jonas spoke. "I just wanna hear you scream" Killua seemed completely unfazed. "Ok, so whoever dies is the loser" There was a tense silence in the room. "Yes, that is correct" He held an arm out. "I'll tear your body apart-" Killua moved, and then he was behind him. He turned with a slight smirk to reveal a brown cloth with a still beating heart in it. Jonas made a few choking sounds, then collapsed. "Like father like son I guess" Asta muttered. Killua put the heart back into his dead hand, then looked over at the others. Tompa, Kurapika, and Leorio were scared and disturbed. But Gon... Gon's eyes were gleaming, and he had a smile on his face. That alone made the other bulls uneasy.

Kurapika, Gon, Leorio, Tompa, and Killua were in a room. There was nothing to do, time skipped a few times and people changed places. "Why are you guys in that room?" Nero asked curiously. Kurapika sighed. "Leorio lost a bet, we had to forfeit 50 hours in that room" The flashes paused, Gon was looking at a fishbowl type thing and Killua was on the couch. He had a head on his hand, and he was blushing a little as he was watching. Gon squeaked, "Ahh! He was checking me out!" Kurapika in the memory sat down next to Killua and tapped him on the shoulder. "Huh?" He snapped out of it and looked over, Kurapika huffed. "You weren't checking him out where you?" Killua blushed a little, then looked away. "Absolutely not" He snapped.

The image rippled again, they were at the final phase. "it skipped the tag hunt phase" Kurapika observed. Gon shrugged, "Maybe because it was long and easy? Well for him. I got Hisoka's tag" Vanessa and Nero both stiffened in alarm. Killua was standing in front of someone with pins on his face, then he spoke. "It's been a while Kil" He stiffened slightly, then the large male started to pull the pins out of his face. "If that's not magic, what in the hell is it?" Captain Yami muttered, as his face and hair started to shift. The confusion turned to horror as Illumi was now standing in front of Killua, Killua seemed to share the same fear. "B-Big brother?"

"I heard you stabbed mom and Milluki" He huffed. "I did" Illumi tilted his head to the side a little. "Mom couldn't stop crying" Finral huffed. "Of course she would, she just got stabbed-", "With joy" There was an uncomfortable silence. Some more words were exchanged, "I don't actually want to become a hunter, I just felt like taking the exam" Killua said, sweating a little. "Well that's a relief, because I have some advice for you. You're not cut out to be a hunter" The swirling eyes made another appearance, you could see the malice in the air. "You were born for one purpose, to be an assassin" The aura faded, needless the say the bulls were pissed. "You are a puppet of darkness, devoid of passion. There is nothing you desire, nor is there anything you wish for. Due to being raised in the shadows, the only pleasure your capable of feeling is derived from death" Illumi continued, Killua seemed to be wavering.

"because, that's how dad and I raised you. What do you imagine that you would accomplish by becoming a hunter?" for the first time, they heard Killua's thoughts. That's true, I don't really wanna be a hunter. But...everybody wants something, even me. Illumi started to speak but Killua yelled. "Wrong! There is something that I want!" Illumi hummed in response, "Enlighten me, what is it that you want" Killua was sweating a little again, his brother's presence was affecting his usual cool posture. "What's the matter?" Illumi asked, as he couldn't answer for a few seconds. "There isn't anything is there" Killua yelled once more. "THERE IS!" Silence filled the spectating room, a tense silence. "I...wanna be....friends with Gon" He said, hanging his head. "I'm just...so sick of killing people. I just wanna be friends with Gon, I just wanna have fun" He said softly.

"Impossible" Asta growled, Vanessa glared at Illumi, Gon stuck his middle finger up and Kurapika's eyes went red once more. "You are incapable of friendship" Killua's eyes widened slightly, then he looked up. "Don't listen to him Killua!" Noelle shouted. "The only thing you can do is discern whether or not to kill them, that is all you were ever taught. Gon has such a radiant personality that you don't know how to classify him, you don't actually desire his friendship" Killua's eyes widened some more. "N-No..." Illumi looked Killua dead in the eye. "If you end up staying with him, one day you'll end up wanting to kill him" Killua's fists clenched. "You'll wonder if you can, and want to find out. Because you are by nature, a murderer"

Suddenly Leorio yelled. "DON'T LISTEN TO HIM KILLUA! GON ALREADY CONSIDERS YOU A FRIEND!" Asta grinned. "yeah, you tell him!" Illumi glanced over. "Is this true?" Leorio grinned. "Hell yeah it it's true you idiot!" Illumi muttered to himself for a few minutes before holding a finger up. "Fine, then I'll just kill Gon" There was a horrified silence, Killua gasped and his eyes widened. "Assassins have no use for friends, they only get in the way. Where can I find him" He said, starting to walk. Killua looked up, a conflicted expression on his face. "What's he doing? Go stop him!" Noelle yelled desperately. Illumi killed someone, and Hanzo, Kurapika, and Leorio stood in front of the door. Illumi started musing to himself. "Oh wait, I'll pass the exam then kill Gon"

Killua gritted his teeth, Illumi started walking. "You have to defeat me in order to stop this. Will you fight to save your friend?" Killua wasn't moving, he didn't move a muscle "You can't do it can you? Because deep down your more worried about whether you can defeat me more than anything else" Killua gasped, "And...you already know the answer." Illumi's hand kept reaching out, he kept telling Killua how he needed to fight to save Gon. Then they saw a tear roll down his cheek as he dropped his head. "You win Illumi, I admit defeat" He said.

Illumi smiled creepily, then clapped. "I was lying about killing him by the way, but you just proved my point" The bulls were furious at Illumi right now, and so were Gon and Kurapika. He put a hand on Killua's head. "You are not fit for making friends, go back home Kil" Killua didn't respond to anything after that, then the scene cut to Killua stabbing his hand into Bodoro's back and failing the exam.

1673 words

To be continued...