30 The 2nd mission

Yet another day had passed. Damn it, it was impairing his judgment and making him zone out. Gon wrote it off as assuming he missed home and kept thinking about people back there, but he had to forcefully keep himself awake at night now. His body ached, his mind was tired, but he couldn't close his eyes. It was time for another mission as well which didn't help. Apparently some asshole had been stealing shit and tagging houses, or maybe it was just a teenager. Gon, Killua, and Asta were sent on this mission. It had been almost a week since his first so Captain Yami gave him the clear. Why me. He grumbled internally. They were walking through the town, Asta and Killua had their robes on but Gon didn't have one and was just bouncing alongside them. People started pointing and chattering, smiling and talking to each other. Gon look over his shoulder at Asta. "Are you guys super famous or something?" Asta smiled. "Well yeah, we're one of the 9 magic knight squads. Sure we may be considered the worst but we're still magic knights"

Gon frowned slightly. "The worst?" Killua snorted. "The ones without prissy nobles and cocky royal bitches. This squad is full of the mentally deficient ones nobody wants." Asta shot him an injured look. "Ouch" He snorted. "I'm one of them too, and Gon fits in as well. I mean, a battle obsessed maniac, a drunken witch, someone with no magic, a cowardly flirt, a midget glutton, a sister complex freak, a human bird, a virgin street punk-" He for some reason liked that nickname for Magna, Vanessa always called him that. "-A royal who can't control her magic, two mentally unstable 13 year olds, and whatever the hell you call Gordon. There's a few more but that's it for the most part. Now tell me, why exactly do people call us the worst?" Gon giggled. "Everybody sounds great! And hey Gordon's not too creepy!" Killua and Asta both shot him skeptical looks. Gon frowned slightly. "He's bad at making friends, so I decided I was gonna be one. So what if his face is all weird and he can't speak up? The interesting ones make the better friends"

He smiled and pulled a creepy stitched up doll that looked like Gon out of his pocket. "And he made me this! Isn't it kinda cute?" Both Asta and Killua looked at each other. "You make friends too easily. I bet if you spend long enough with a beetle you'd cry when it got squashed" Then Asta spoke up. "There's two members you guys haven't met" They both looked over at him. "Really? Who?" Gon asked curiously. Killua made sure to activate En to scout for suspicious activity while he listened. "Henry and Zora. Zora hates nobles and royals as well actually, or really magic knights in general to be honest. And Henry can't come out because he's cursed and sucks the magic power out of anyone near him. I'm pretty much his only friend because of that" Gon brightened. "I can't wait to meet him!"

He froze, then activated Zetsu. Both Gon and Asta's eyes snapped over, his presence vanished but he was still there. "Killua?" He pointed. "Someone's breaking into a house that way, 2 doors down" All three started to run, and Gon activated Zetsu as well. "How can you tell that?" Asta asked while they were running. He huffed. "Technique, no more questions. You go block the front door aight? Me and Gon got this" He nodded and broke off, then Killua muttered to Gon. "You can handle this one, but I'll be on idle. He went in through a window on the first floor and he's currently in the living room" Gon nodded and activated En, then glanced over at him. "Asta's in position" He nodded, then silently leapt up and climbed in through a window. A young girl gasped and sat up in her bed, Killua covered their mouth and pointed to his black bull's insignia. "Someone broke in, stay quiet" she nodded, and he slowly made his way down the stairs.

There were noises like someone rifling through items, and he started to zone out. Damn it, I'm so tired. He leaned on the railing, eyes starting to droop. A bolt of pain shot through his chest and he snapped wide awake to see a steel spear protruding from it. He locked eyes with the young male who had done it, he heard Gon's footsteps and yanked the spear out of his chest just in time as Gon came up the stairs. Fuck! He knew Gon could take care of it and turned, then did his best at Nen healing to close the wound. He heard a yell and walked out the door while still working on it, Asta gasped, "Woah! Hey man you alright?" He shrugged. "I got stabbed, not a big deal" he said breezily. Killua stuck his tongue out a little as he continued healing. "Wait, you know recovery magic?" He shrugged. "Ish, I aint very good at it but I won't bleed out" the shirt was torn as well, he'd have to fix it later. Gon giggled and came out a few minutes later dragging an unconscious body behind him. "That was fun! I-"

"Killua is that blood on your shirt?" He turned and shrugged. "Aint mine" He lied. Asta gave him a look but he ignored it, and Gon shrugged. "Makes sense, but why's there a hole?" He growled. "Damn bitch tried to stab me! I activated Ko in time but my poor shirts" He complained. Gon rolled his eyes. "You know how to sew" He huffed, then kicked the guy's body. "hey! He's already beaten!" Asta protested. Killua growled. "Asshole ripped my favorite outfit!" he grinned, then pulled out a knife and slashed his own to shreds on the arms and made a hole near the stomach area too. "Payback bitch" Gon brought his hand down on top of his head. "Killua!" He snickered and put his knife back in his sheath, then put his hands behind his head and started walking. "C'mon, let's get this guy where he's supposed to be. FINRAL GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" He hollered as he clicked his communication device. Finral appeared from a portal with a slight glare. "Maybe if you treat me like a superior like I am, then maybe-"

Killua cut him off with a snort. "Hell no you're not superior to me. Once you can fight me and win you can claim that title" Finral gulped, then ducked back into the portal. All three strolled in, and Charmy, Magna, and Luck were in the main room. "Your back!" Luck zipped over with a smile. "Did you fight anyone? Can I hear about it? What were they like?" I swear he's just like Gon in a way. "He was weak and I beat the crap out of him!" Gon said cheerily, dropping the body on the ground in front of Luck. Killua scoffed. "You find most people weak. Thanks to your constant need to improve and get stronger I think you'd mop the floor with Yami, or at least come pretty damn close" There was a small ooze of bloodlust. "I heard that" He rolled his eyes over at Captain Yami. Asta, Magna, and Finral sweatdropped. Luck was watching with an interested expression and Gon was silent at the moment. Charmy was still stuffing her face. "Yeah yeah I could win that fight if I really pushed myself." He grinned catlike. "If I was feeling up to it"

Captain Yami surprisingly said nothing for a few moments, as if he was contemplating what to say. "I've been wondering a few things about you" He put his hands behind his head with a cocky smirk. "Most people do, but I don't just give out my secrets" he said with a wink. "You gotta earn it first" Then he turned and strutted away. Figure it out yourself Yami.

1338 words

To be continued...