15 Amateur

Noelle insisted him to ride on the broom with her, and if he wasn't undercover he would have declined. "hey! What about me!" Asta yelled as they started to hover. Noelle looked away with a slight blush. She totally has a crush on him. "You can walk Bakasta! With that ridiculous amount of stamina of yours" They started zooming off, although he noticed that Noelle still wasn't quite in control all the way. I might bail. They nearly careened into a tree and Killua was done. He glanced down at the 3 story drop below him and sighed. "Yeah, I'm walking" Noelle yelled in alarm as he slid off the broom, and began hurtling towards the ground. "KILLUA!" He angled himself to fall slower with his arms spread out, and Asta for once just stood there watching him with wide eyes. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING BAKASTA CATCH HIM!" Why isn't he catching me? Because from what he'd gathered, Asta was the brute force. They kept saying how it was so unbelievable that he was 'almost as strong' as Asta. How he was super buff 'like Asta' . So, why didn't he even try?

Killua landed with a thump, bending his legs slightly and touching his fingertips to the ground. Killua stood up, then turned to Asta. "Why didn't you try to catch me?" Asta rubbed the back of his head. "Well-" Noelle nearly crashed into Asta again on her way down, and she started yelling. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU BOTH!" Asta shook his head. "Killua knew what he was doing. Even though he was falling his Ki was calm and unfazed, like he'd done it before" Killua blinked. "Ki?" He questioned. Killua had never heard of this 'Ki' before. "Well Captain Yami says it's in the way someone moves, how they breathe, their scent, pretty much everything that-" He cut Asta off by chucking a small rock at him with incredible speed. He whipped out a sword surprisingly quickly out of his grimoire to deflect it, and Killua couldn't help but be a little impressed. Interesting. "

What the hell man!" Asta yelled. Killua turned, then started walking. "Ki is just being able to sense people and predict movements" He said in a monotone voice. Asta and Noelle followed him, on foot this time. Killua looked ahead. "Anybody worth their salt should be able to do that" Asta's eyes sparkled. "You mean almost everybody where you come from can use Ki? Or something similar?" He huffed. "The notable ones" He didn't say anything else until they got there, at which point Killua shifted back into his clueless 11 year old personality. "Thanks so much magic knights!" He said, making sure to leave his 6 strapped bag looped around Noelle's broom so it wouldn't be forgotten. Anyone could be watching, he had to keep up his charade the entire time. "No problem!" Asta yelled, waving as he walked off. Killua hummed for a moment, making his way around the village. Killua blinked in slight surprise when he saw that the old lady who had given him the chocolate bars was there. Well shit, she knows I'm a magic knight doesn't she? Or at least applying?

He shrugged it off, before walking around the stalls with a wide eyed and amazed expression. "Woah" He murmured, peering at a bunch of shiny rings. "Got your eyes on one of these kid?" He glanced up with a smile. "Well they sure are really pretty, but I can't afford any. I'm just waiting for a few hours until my cousin Kalluto comes home! That's why I visited" He said, moderately loudly. He made himself bounce a little as he walked, and that was when he realized what role he was playing. I'm acting like...Gon. Killua dispelled his depressing thoughts, he was working. My name is Noku, I am 11 and a half, and I'm going to get kidnapped by the end of today. Killua's eyes lit up and he bounced over to another stall, this one was alarmingly close to the old lady's stall but he ignored it. "Hey there little one, lookin for something?"

He giggled as he poked at a sculpture of a frog, it was wooden and with very little detail. "I really want this one, how much is it though? I might not have enough" The woman smiled. "It's not much, just ten Yule" He shoved his hand into his backpack and fumbled eight out. When he set it down Killua groaned. "Aw man! I don't have enough!" He sighed, about to walk away. "Wait!" Killua glanced back over his shoulder to see a pale green light. One of the blocks of wood was shearing away, shaping itself. He turned back around with his mouth slightly open as if in awe, although he was just slightly confused. The light faded, and he saw the figure. It was another frog. This one was smaller though, a few sizes down. The woman held it out to him with a smile. "Sized it down a little for you, your coins should be enough for it"

Killua's eyes gleamed, and it wasn't all fake. Killua actually genuinely wanted this carving to be honest, but he'd only brought twenty Yule and he had told himself only to use 8 for idle shopping. People in the clover kingdom are so nice, I doubt I'd be able to get away with that from where I come from. He dropped the coins back on the table and beamed as he held his new carving. It fit into his palm, and the wood was durable and elegant. Killua giggled and stroked it's head. "Thank you nice lady!" He wandered off again, just when he was about to pass by the old lady's stall he accidently bumped into someone. "Oh!" He turned with a slight glare and Killua smiled. "Sorry Mr." His golden eyes softened a little, and he ran his fingers through his short black hair. "Ah, my bad kid. Wasn't lookin' at where I was putting my feet" Then he seemed to look Killua up and down. "Say, how old are you kid?"

Did I find the kidnapper already? Killua smiled up at him. "My name's Noku! I'm 11 and a half!" His eyes flashed a little, then he grinned. "I've got a perfect crowd for you to hang out with if you've got time" Killua beamed. "Friends? I don't have many of those!" He's not that good at pretending, but I guess kids are gullible. "I gotta go in a bit though, maybe tomorrow? I promise I'll still be here!" The man gave him a fake ass smile. "Sure, we can meet by the stream on the outskirts of the village, I'll bring some kids your age as well" He's suspicious as hell. Killua grabbed his hand real quick, infusing it with some Nen so he could track it. "Ok! Sounds fun!" He lowered his voice a little in a half whisper. "But mother doesn't like when I talk to strangers, so we can keeps this a secret ok?" The man grinned, then slipped him a hard candy. "There's more where that came from" classic 'slipping a kid candy to keep their mouth shut' tactic. This guy's an amateur. "Ooh" He unwrapped it and shoved it in his mouth, not thinking twice about the fact it might be poisoned. He was pretty much immune to poisons, it posed no threat.

The man walked away, and he turned his back. Killua grinned, chuckling darkly. "Amateur" He pressed the communication device in his pocket once, then made his way over to a place between buildings. He leaned on the wall, about 5 minutes later Asta and Noelle walked down the same street. "here" He said, monotone. They noticed him and ran over to him. "Already?" Noelle said, slightly disbelieving. "He was an amateur. " Killua said, rolling his eyes. "I know what a fake smile looks like, and he said he'd bring me some 'friends' at the stream. Which is where the shopkeeper told me most of the disappearances happen" He chuckled a little. "Slipped me some candy and fell for my act like a charm" He pointed to his hand. "I dropped a tracker pretty much on his hand, it's pretty much a compass pointing in his direction" Asta grinned, grabbing his sword out of his grimoire. "Alright! Let's go get 'em!" He held up a hand. "No"

He growled. "Why not! We know where he is!" Killua shot him a cold look. "This is a stealth mission. Your both too well known." His expression grew dark. "And who knows what that sick bastard is planning with all those kids. The moment he sees you he'll kill them to shut them up most likely" Killua hissed. A number of scenarios flitted through his mind, and he closed his eyes as his bloodlust spiked a little. "W-Woah!" Noelle took a step back, and he calmed his bloodlust. He took a deep breath, making his expression blank and unreadable once more as he reopened his eyes. "I'm going to signal you once I've gotten the kids to safety, your job is to retrieve them while I take care of him" Asta gulped, then turned away. "Oook, sure! Sounds like you have some sort of personal grudge so I won't stop you."

Noelle blinked. "Well I guess it would be fine, the children are the first priority anyways" Killua pointed towards where the river was. "Tomorrow he's meeting me at the Bukuni river you two are to watch for when I leave, then ask around the town while he's gone" They both nodded. "Got it!" Killua let a flash of anger enter his eyes for a split second. I'm getting to the bottom of this, and depending how bad your crime is. He Looked off into the distance. I might have another body on my hands tomorrow.

1650 words

To be continued...