37 The real nightmare

Killua started a fight. He'd somehow gotten a little tipsy and some girl tried to flirt with him, Killua had bashed that girl in the face and told her to fuck off and that Gon was his. At first he thought it was funny and kind of cute, then her boyfriend got mad and tried to punish Killua. He tried to tell him that the girl flirted with him and that's why Killua attacked her, but he didn't want to believe that and got his ass beat by Killua when he tried to stick up for her. 

Yeah...they got kicked out. 

Gon was now dragging Killua back to the hideout by the hand, he kept stumbling over loose rocks and branches. I mean, it's kinda cute I guess but I'm pretty sure in order to get over being tipsy he has to sleep, damn it he's gonna have to go through that again. They made it to the hideout, and Killua was leaning heavily on his side with a distracted expression. He sighed heavily and opened the door, then Vanessa chuckled from her couch. "back so soon?"

He let out a frustrated breath. "That was a bad idea-" Killua broke away and started to walk away from him and he grabbed him, then dragged him over to the couch and set him down next to him. Vanessa's eyebrows raised. "Did he actually get himself drunk?" Killua didn't speak, he leaned into Gon with a mumble and he found himself blushing a little. "He's only a bit tipsy, but the lack of sleep really got to him and some girl tried to flirt with me and...we got kicked out" Vanessa laughed for a few seconds too long. Suddenly he noticed that Killua wasn't moving. His eyes snapped down and he gritted his teeth when he saw that Killua had fallen asleep. "Damn it, I was trying to keep him awake" Vanessa looked kind of worried. "Maybe a bar wasn't the best idea" He sighed. "yeah I know that. Fuck..."

There was fluttering, and Gon saw Nero flit over to them. "Oh, hey Nero" She landed on Killua's shoulder and peered down, then up at him. "We should take him somewhere quieter" He nodded, then stood up with Killua. Him and Vanessa made their way to his room, it was pretty much untouched so he took off the dusty bedsheet and Vanessa got him a new one. Gon sat down on the bed with Killua in his arms, then he looked up at her. "You can go, it's not going to be pretty" He said softly. She nodded, then closed the door on her way out. Nero shifted into her human form and stood near the door. "I'll stay" She said softly. He nodded, then looked down at Killua's sleeping face. Time to wait.

Killua's body moved on its own, he couldn't control it. Gon was running from him, crying and begging for him to stop. No, No! s-stop! I can't- Gon tripped, and he was on him in an instant. He let out a scream as Killua's hands sharpened and ripped into his body, shredding his chest and stomach. STOP! STOP IT! NO! G-GON! Tears rolled down his cheeks as his body kept moving, the life faded from Gon's eyes and he was left with the weight of the death on his shoulders. "GON!"

Killua woke up with a gasp, tears in his eyes. Gon's face was staring down at him worriedly and he shoved him violently away. N-No! I can't! I refuse! He crashed onto the floor and let out a shaky breath. Gon froze, then his eyes went wide. "W-Wait a minute you...backed away" Killua looked up, and Gon's hand went to his mouth. He knows, he knows what I'm seeing now. If he'd just died...I'd want to be closer but... Killua put his face in his hands and started to sob. "E-Every time I close my eyes I see it. Y-You're on the ground, bloody, a-and..." His arms started to tremble. "T-The blood's on m-my hands. I-I can't watch that again, I-I'm scared. w-what if-" Gon's arms were around him and he hugged him back, tears were rolling down Gon's cheeks as well. "It won't! It won't happen, I promise you!"

Killua's grip tightened on the back of his jacket, his breath came hard and fast. "W-What if I'm seeing the future? I-I couldn't move my body. I couldn't s-stop it" The dark thoughts swirled around in his head, it terrified him. "Hey, it can't be the future. Where were you when this happened?" He thought for a moment. W-Where... he remembered plain walkways. "I-I don't know. It was...sidewalks? Endless, endless paved roads" He mumbled. Gon shifted him a little so he could see his face, Gon was smiling, he wasn't scared. "We're going to a forest tomorrow. How about this, until then we can stay in the hideout alright? We won't go onto any roads" Killua breathed for a few seconds. He's...right. Gon's right, it can't happen. It won't. his eyes darkened a little. I'd rather gut myself like a fish before I ever allow that to happen.

He grabbed Gon's collar, and his eyes widened slightly as he looked down into Killua's intense gaze. "You have to promise me one thing Gon" He said fiercely. Gon nodded slowly, not taking his eyes off his. He willed himself to keep the tears in, he needed to get this point across. "If I ever, and I mean ever lose control of my body. I want you to run" Gon opened his mouth to protest and his grip tightened a little, his teeth gritted together. "Promise me" He said shakily. "But what if-" A tear rolled down Killua's cheek. "Please" His voice broke, Killua's hand started to tremble slightly. Gon opened his mouth, but no words came out. He nodded slowly. "Alright" Killua took a few breaths, trying to calm himself. "Killua can I..." Gon cupped his cheek with a hand and he felt a faint blush start to appear. He blinked once, slowly, and the fire drained from his eyes.

Yes. He thought, his hand loosened from his collar and slid downwards to rest on his chest. Gon leaned forward and softly kissed him on the lips. "Mh~" Killua felt Gon's other hand gently wipe his tears away, then run up through his hair and stroke it gently. I-I can't just stop worrying. I don't want to lose you. Tears rolled down his cheeks and Gon's eyes sparkled slightly with worry as they kissed for a little longer, then pulled back after a few moments. He was still crying softly so Gon pulled him into his lap and wrapped his arms around Killua's body. "Hey...Shh" He buried his face into Gon's shoulder. "I-I'm just...scared. I know it's irrational b-but..." Gon held him a little tighter. "I promise you, it won't happen. c'mon Killua, you can do it. Tomorrow, you just have to wait one more day"

1162 words

To be continued...