44 Stupidity, Chaos, and a new mission

Surprisingly, Kurapika actually fit in well with the bulls. He was kind of like a parent that broke up fights and settled arguments. They never told Kurapika about the cursed spikes, or any of the other bullshit that had happened before they got there. Well, except for the good parts like the magic knight exams and the baptism. All three of them were just chilling near Vanessa's couch when Grey disguised as Gon ran over and gave Kurapika a hug. Kurapika jumped, then his eyes widened as he looked back and forth for a moment. Killua sighed. "What is it Grey?" He pouted a little, bouncing over to Killua and sticking his tongue out. "I wanna play the game!" Kurapika was confused so he sighed. "Sure, whatever" He giggled and grabbed Gon's hand, they both ran off and he rolled his eyes. "Why did he look like Gon?" Kurapika asked.

"His magic, he can shapeshift. He likes to play this game where he copies someone and then someone else has to guess who's the real one. He mainly plays with us though for some reason" Then both Gon's came back, and it was impossible to tell which one was which. Kurapika blinked, then pointed. "That one's fake" Killua frowned slightly, but by their expressions he was right. "How the hell'd you figure it out so fast?" Kurapika huffed. "Gyo" Oh. He activated Gyo and saw that one Gon had aura nodes, and the other didn't. That makes it too easy. "Hey! Gyo's cheating!" Grey protested, even though he didn't know what it meant. Gon stuck his tongue out. "Cheater!" Kurapika sighed. "Alright, try again"

He and Kurapika were standing in front of the two again a few minutes later, then Killua got a great idea. "I got this" He said, then smirked and snickered a little. "Is that Hisoka?" He said, looking out a window. The real Gon yelped and dove behind Kurapika. "SAVE ME!" Kurapika chuckled and Gon realized what had just happened. He bonked Killua over the head as a very confused Grey watched. "KILLUA YOU ASSHOLE!" He laughed, and Grey rubbed his head. "I'm confused" Kurapika sighed. "Pedophile magician that used to stalk Gon" Grey looked alarmed and Gon smacked Killua a few more times. "WE ALREADY HAD A RUN IN WITH MACHI! HOW WAS I SUPPSED TO KNOW THAT WAS A JOKE?" he stopped laughing and rubbed the back of his head. "Look I'm sorry-"

"How would you feel if I said Illumi was behind you!" Killua froze, then smacked himself in the side of the head. "Ok fine that was an asshole move." He muttered. Grey huffed, then grabbed Kurapika. Kurapika followed with a sigh as they disappeared around the corner. Gon looked away and Killua put an arm around him with a mumble. "Sorry" Gon smiled over at him. "No, it's alright. I just..." he understood, but he still felt bad. "Alright, we're back" Kurapika said, honestly he already could guess the fake one but he decided to humor Grey a little. "Ok, I have the perfect idea" Gon said, then turned and started scribbling on a piece of paper. Killua peeked over his shoulder and saw he was drawing a spider, he scoffed and took the pen. "Let me do it moron"

After he was done, he used his claws to cut it out so it was just the spider. He and Gon grinned at each other. "What's taking so long?" One Kurapika asked. Gon turned, hands behind his back. Killua turned as well with a smirk. "This'll work no matter how good Grey is at acting" Then Gon held up the picture. Instantly Kurapika's eyes went red, Grey sighed in defeat. Then he jumped slightly when he glanced over at Kurapika. "W-Woah!" Killua chuckled. "A Kurta's eyes turn red when experiencing a strong emotion. Here" he tossed Kurapika his knife and Gon gave him the picture. Kurapika stabbed the spider 8 times before his eyes faded. "I'm not even gonna ask" Grey muttered, then poofed back into Gon's form. Gon blinked. "Why me?" Grey beamed. "I like your personality, it's fun!" Gon shrugged, then Grey giggled and ran off. "I'm gonna go annoy people with your body!"

Gon blinked. "Ok?" Grey paused, then looked over his shoulder with a slight frown. "You're not gonna try to stop me?" Killua snorted and Gon shrugged. "I don't really mind" then he grabbed Killua's hand with a grin. "C'mon! I wanna go do something?" 'something'. He growled. "No" Gon pouted. "Why not?" He scoffed. "I know what you want. I'm not letting you jump off a cliff or the roof of the hideout today" He whined, tugging on Killua's sleeve. "Pleaaaase? I'm so boredddd" Killua let out a deep sigh. "Oh alright. Just don't break anything dumbass" Gon beamed and bolted out of the room, a few of the bulls gave the door worried glances. "Where's he going in such a hurry?" Noelle asked, sitting beside Magna and Asta for a snack. Charmy was nearby stuffing her face. Kurapika sighed. "he went to go jump off the hideout or something"

All four started in alarm. "He's gonna do what?" Asta shouted. Killua waved a hand, the four looked kind of unnerved at how unbothered they were. "Ah, does it all the time. Likes the thrill or something-", "WHEEEEE!" Gon yelled, voice coming from above but very quickly descending. There was a thud, then Gon came running back inside with a giggle and a bright smile. "Killua! Killua! Come with me!" He scowled. "Hell no." Gon pouted, then Noelle cleared her throat. "Did you just jump from a tree or something?" Gon blinked, then pointed up. "Oh, no. it was from the top of the hideout. It's super big! Like...I dunno maybe 5 stories? It's massive!" He said cheerily. Killua grumbled for a few moments, "Sometimes I wonder how your still alive with all the stupid shit you do" He said, facepalming.

"ALRIGHT GANG" Captain Yami said loudly from the top of the stairs. Everybody stopped and looked at him, the entire squad was in the main room right now. He let out a sigh. "So, apparently we have a mission. I have no details but I've been told to bring the three newcomers for some reason" Kurapika, Gon, and Killua all glanced at each other. Interesting. He started pointing to people. "Vanessa, Finral, Asta, Noelle, yall are coming too" Asta spoke up. "Captain Yami sir! This is a large group. Also how are we supposed to know what to do without de-" Yami shot him a dark look. "Shut up kid"

They were walking. Apparently wherever they needed to go Finral hadn't been to, it was somewhere in the forsaken realm. Yami came as well, also Nero tagged along for some reason. This is a ridiculously large group, so it's not a stealth mission. But...what the hell could it possibly be? He held up a finger, which only caught the attention of Vanessa and Finral as well as his two companions. 'what could this mission be about?' Kurapika shrugged, then held up his own. 'not stealth' He nodded. Gon rubbed the back of his head, 'protecting a village?' Killua sighed and Kurapika shook his head. 'if that were the case we'd be going faster' "What the hell is happening back there?" Finral asked in confusion. Everybody looked at them.

"Whatever do you mean?" He asked with fake innocence. "yeah, they've been quiet the whole time" Asta said. Finral frowned slightly. "They kept...lifting a finger. Then one person would nod or shrug or something. Were you guys communicating with each other?" They all glanced at each other. Kurapika raised a finger. 'do we tell them?' Gon blinked, then shrugged. Killua snorted, then held his own finger up. 'you just gave it away dumbass' Gon rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry?" Finral pointed. "That! That right there. You guys are communicating with each other!" Kurapika sighed. "Why not just talk normally?" Noelle asked in confusion. Killua let out a groan. "What type of mission is this anyways? Wh-"

Suddenly he sensed something and cut off, going alert. Gon and Kurapika also sensed it, eyes snapping to the trees above. "What-" Killua put his hands behind his head with a sigh. "You're not good at hiding your presence" Captain Yami and Asta froze. "I...don't sense any Ki" Asta said in confusion. Killua had activated En and knew someone was there, they laughed and one emerged from the leaves as she sat elegantly on a broom. Her eyes were scarlet and her hair a russet color. "What unique specimens you are" Another female appeared, this one laying on her broom. She had grey eyes and pink hair. "Interesting indeed, nobody can detect us through my magic." Kurapika spoke up. "Apparently not 'nobody', since we did it" Then the orange haired female floated down beside Killua with a smirk. "Now you, your particularly strange" I suppose.

Then the other one swooped down and flanked him, Killua wasn't liking this but he kept his relaxed demeanor up. "Yes dear sister, he is quite entrancing" Killua blinked. "Are yall trying to flirt with me? Because I'll have you know I'm not into women. Especially older ones" He shot a glare at Gon and he made an angry noise. "H-hey! I only did it because I was scared she was gonna kill us. Palm is scary" The orange haired one shook her head. "Oh, not one bit. I was just admiring your eccentricity" He rolled his eyes, nobody else spoke. "Are you guys why we're here?" The one with the pink hair smiled. "Why yes dear, but this isn't a mission" Killua's eyes narrowed slightly. "Do you want to know what my magic is darling?" The orange haired one said with a sweet smile. He didn't answer. "It's to look into someone's past" Killua froze, then he felt a hand on his head. "Seeing Magic, Veil of truth" Then it all went dark.

1661 words

To be continued...