Chapter 8: Let the games begin.

The date I have to say was pretty cliché. But I had a lot of fun. After the movie Ethan and I just started walking around and talking. I actually feel like I've known Ethan all my life. There wasn't any awkward silences or those moments where you run out of what to say. We just kept talking and laughing. And the best part is, I didn't think of Emmett the entire time. I'd like to give myself a little pat on the back for that.

*pat *pat *pat

When Ethan dropped me off, he looked like he didn't want me to go. Kinda like a puppy. Aw. I was gonna get out of the car but Ethan held his hand up for me to stop and quickly got out of the car. I gave him a confusing look and watched as he attempted to slide across the car but failed immensely and fell off the hood. I tried to hold in a laugh but I couldn't and busted out laughing. He got up and brushed himself off with a slight blush on his cheeks. He went to my side of the door and opened it trying to be a gentleman. double aw.

I giggled a little but said "thank you Ethan" and gave him a smile. He smiled back at me and closed the door once I got out.

He walked me to the front of my door and we both stopped and looked at each other.

"Thank you for tonight..um you know for taking me out on a... Date?" I said awkwardly

"Ha um no problem. Thanks for letting me take you out on a date?" He said rubbing his neck awkwardly

"Um this is a date right?" I blurted out and covered my mouth. Ethan chuckled and smirked at me

"I take that back, I mean if you just wanna be friends that's fine, you know friendship rules and all that stuff. Wow look at the time." I look at my invisible watch on my wrist. "It's reeeeeaaaaallllyyyy late, yeah okay." I turn on my heels and rush inside closing the door on Ethans very confused face. I lean against the door and bite my lip.

Smooth Nicole. Really Smooth.

But the door bell rang and without thinking I open the door and see a smirking Ethan in front of me.

"You're cute when you rant Nicole." He smirks

"Um no. Psh that wasn't a rant. It was a very fast conversation of nothing." I bite my lip while laughing awkwardly

"No...pretty sure that was a rant, or a form of you blabbering." He smiles and chuckles at me

"Ummmm yeah.. Okay byeeeee." I try to shut the door but his foot stops it from closing.

"Nicole.." He drawls out

"HI" I peak through the crack of the door

"Open the door please" He says sweetly. So I do as he asks

"You really need to stop slamming doors in peoples faces." He tsks at me

"Sorry" I put my head down and look at the floor. He puts his fingers on my chin gently and lifts it up so I'm looking into his eye. Oh lord.

"Nicole, it was a date and I want to tell you I had a lot of fun. I hope to do it again." He whispered to me calmly, while he was leaning in.

"Date. Oh date. Uh yay?" I say not really knowing how to think like I'm basically in a trance. Before I know it our lips meet. Cue the fireworks. Fireworks? Where are you? Right. There are no fireworks. I feel nothing. Great. I think Ethan senses that I don't like it and pulls back. He looks disappointed and a pang of guilt hits me.

"I'm so sorry Ethan." I trail off

"No it's perfectly fine. Can't blame a guy for trying though" he shrugs

"I really thought I liked you." I said in a guilty tone

"No it's fine. But I really hope we can hang out you know, cause you are fun to be around..." He trailed off