Chapter 17: Have Mercy.

Quick A/N:

When Emmett called Nicole and said he'd be back in a year, he technically meant he'd be back after Nicole finishes Junior year.... So he meant a school year. Anyways, here's the chapter in the summer after Junior year finished. I'll try and update as soon as possible.

if you like it, please vote & comment

~Codi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicole's POV

I'm going to be honest with you and say that the school year without Emmett was hard at first. But I actually figured out that life wasn't so bad without him. I actually got to date this boy, named Christian. Bailey actually kept her promise of being there for me the entire time he was gone, although I never did doubt her. But even though Christian was a very nice guy and not to mention hot, it didn't really work out because I hate to admit it, but I'm still not over Emmett. I mean you can't blame me. He was my first love. You can't really get over your first love that easily. And he made it even harder because he never did call...or text. He sent postcards from time to time...

Well it doesn't matter anymore, because it's summer! I don't know when Emmett's coming back, and I don't care! I intend on actually living life to the fullest and enjoying my summer without any drama.

Yeah... It actually sounds nice, not to care. Even just for a couple of months.

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket and without looking at the caller I.D I answered it

"Hello?" I answer

"Hey Nicky! Can you meet me at the beach? I have some news for you, and I'm not exactly how your going to react but hey? You don't know unless you try!" Bailey said excitedly

"Okay Okay I'll be right there! Did you bring your sister?" I ask

"Yup Brooklyn is here, you should bring Kyle!" I roll my eyes because that's why I asked.

"Okay! We'll be there shortly!" I say as I end the call

Kyle and I got ready and in the car in 15 minutes, which was a new record considering that we take forever to get ready.

It took another 15 minutes to get to the beach which isn't that bad, and when we got out of the car I could already see Bailey waving her hands like a maniac on crack.

Oh god.

I made my way to her, holding Kyle's hand as he struggled to carry his boogie board, and no I am not going to help him because I told him not to bring it, and he did anyways. I finally made it to Bailey and was greeted with one of Baileys signature bear hugs

"uh, Bail-can't-breathe" I struggled to say, she instantly released

"I'm sorry, I just missed you!" She tried to explain but I rolled my eyes at her playfully

"Bailey, I literally just saw you yesterday!" I said laughing

"Hush now child!" She put her finger on my mouth

Psh, she thinks that will keep me quiet.

"Are you going to tell me something, or do you just like having your finger pressing harshly on my lips?" I asked but it came out more as a mumble because she was putting her finger on my lip hard, and it kinda hurt...

"Whaaa?" She said and her voice was squeaky, which meant she was hiding something.

"Bail, you said you had news for me, and that's why I came." I said narrowing my eyes