Chapter 23: Epilogue

*4 years later

Now it may seem like 4 years is a long time. But in reality its not. Did you ever hear that quote "time flies by"? Well that's how it felt.

Emmett and I are currently attending college together both studying in the Medical program. We both plan to attend college for another 2 years to get our Masters degree.  Bailey and Kai are attending two different colleges but are still making things work. And the best part is that every weekend we all get together to have a couple drinks at the local bar. 

Emmett, Kyle and I both live in an apartment we got that was both close to the University and Kyle's school. Yes. Kyle is still under our care. Recently our parents have started to call more frequently and have been Skyping Kyle every night before he goes to sleep. I'm really happy that they're trying to reach out to him before he gets to old. And as long as he's happy, I'm happy. They still are tremendously busy with work and I feel bad for them actually. If I had kids and I couldn't even watch them grow up because of work I probably would've quit my job right then and there. But they both know that I can handle watching Kyle. 

Oh! I forgot to mention some news. Quite big news actually. I'm pregnant! About 8 months today actually, and Emmett and I are going to be having 2  healthy baby girls. Twins!  And out of the blue Emmett decided to take Kyle and I out to dinner tonight.

Let me tell you. Finding a nice dress with a huge baby bump is not fun. At all. So I decided I should call my 13 year old brother to help me.

"Kyle!" I yell calling him

"Yeah?! Are the babies coming?! Are they kicking their way out of there?!" He asks excitedly running in the room. It's really actually cute on how excited he is for the girls to come. Probably just as excited as I am. Maybe more?

"No-They are kicking yes. But that's not the point!" I say rubbing the spot on my stomach where one of them kicked. Kyle was immediately by my side and rested his hand on the spot where I was rubbing

"They're kicking really hard." He says smiling

"Maybe because they like their uncle?" I say to him which just earned his smile to get bigger

"Anyways, I wanted you to help me pick out a dress for tonight" I say and that was exactly when his smile dropped.

Now due, to my "raging pregnant women hormones" as Kyle puts it. Kyle hates helping me choose outfits. Because I tend to snap at him sometimes...

"Please? Just chose between these two." I say holding up two dresses I liked but couldn't decide on which one. 

Kyle gave me a bored look and sighed

"The navy blue one." 

"Okay! Thank you!" I say putting down the black one and giving Kyle a kiss on the cheek

"Bleh. Yeah yeah" He says wiping his cheek

"Okay now go and get ready! Emmett's gonna be home anytime now!" I say shooing him out of mine and Emmett's bedroom

"Is that why you're ready?" He asks with sarcasm lacing every word

"Psh. Yeah!" I say and shut the door on his face. Immediately feeling bad about it. I open the door again to see him rubbing his nose

"Sorry!" I say and hug him and then slam the door again when he walked away mumbling a quiet 'it's okay'

~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 minutes later and I'm ready to go. The only problem is that Emmett hasn't come home yet. So I take the opportunity to see if Kyle was ready. 

But when I walked out of the room I'm met with rose pedals every where and an index card lying in the middle of the living room. So when I picked it up it reads 'Hello Beautiful. Kyle and I are going to meet you at the restaurant. There is a surprise waiting for you outside.'