Chapter 5: Lonely

Months ago: when Minho and Hyunjin caught Chan on a call with Aisha

It wasn't that busy a day for the boys, surprisingly, so Minho sat on the kitchen counter, his phone in his hands and a neutral expression on his face. As far as he could tell, about a couple of months had passed ever since he had befriended that weirdo he had come to terms with.

And man, was she funny.

He was astonished when he had realized that he, indeed, liked talking to her. And thinking about her, his phone tinged with a notification, and he hastily unlocked it to see her message displayed on the notification bar.

HaloBishes: hi hi!!

DoNotTextMe: I was just thinking about you

HaloBishes: GASP

HaloBishes: REALLY? :D

DoNotTextMe: no

HaloBishes: why are we still here :((

HaloBishes: just to suffer :((

DoNotTextMe: okay don't flatter yourself but I was

HaloBishes: ohemgee what were you thinking? ;)))

DoNotTextMe: bye

HaloBishes: alrii sorry lmao

HaloBishes: but I'm deadass curious rn

Minho stopped and thought for a moment; telling her that he considered her funny? That was only an elite class appreciation. She needed a premium subscription to get complimented with that.

But okay, she was funny. And okay, he wasn't going to tell her that.

He was not. He was not. He was not going to tell her that.

DoNotTextMe: I was thinking that you're kinda funny

HaloBishes: DID YOU JUST-

HaloBishes: NO YOU DIDN'T.

DoNotTextMe: yeah I didn't, change the topic

HaloBishes: LEE MINHO THINKS I'M FUNNY?

Hold up. How did Yiren know his full name?

Acting cool, his hands shook as he typed his next message. Of course, he wasn't going to be stupid enough to release his identity to somebody on goddamn app called Daddy Material. If he did, he would be cancelled by the internet and Seungmin would have the upper hand in roasting him. And he wasn't going to let Seungmin have that opportunity.

DoNotTextMe: Lee Minho? What?

HaloBishes: yeah bec literally all Minhos are Lees

DoNotTextMe: oh

Minho sighed in relief.

HaloBishes: you don't think I'm weird, right?

DoNotTextMe: ofc you are

HaloBishes: no I'm serious

DoNotTextMe: alright, I'll tell you what I think

As he began typing a long paragraph, still unsure about what he truly felt about her weirdness, he spotted Hyunjin walking towards him. As soon as he approached Minho, he tried to peek into his phone.

"What do you want?" Minho spat, panicking, thinking whether Hyunjin had seen the app he was on or not.

"I'm going to Chan's studio for our next collab song. You wanna hear it?"

"No, thanks."

"It's sexy," Hyunjin wiggled his eyebrows, and Minho lost.

"Alright."

---

"Alright."

Yiren spoke at her phone, seeing Minho's status go from 'typing' to 'offline'.

So, in the end, he did think she was just a random weirdo on the internet too, didn't he?

She looked up at her laptop's screen, watching her old Facebook page – from five years ago – flooded with comments that could only lower her self-esteem. With the taunts ranging from being directed towards her physical appearance to the ones on her talent, she sighed, logging out of the site and shutting her laptop.

She had worked so hard to get where she was – a trainee in the JYP Entertainment, almost about to debut. Yet, she was lonely.

Having friends is a gift not everyone is grateful for. And if she had found one ray of light from that sketchy app, she was waiting for it to blow out. Minho was probably annoyed by her. He probably didn't want to talk to her.

True, she loved herself, especially after all the effort she had put into training and getting her physical appearance in a shape that she liked, but then again, what was the point of it all if she had to end up lonely?

And what was the point of training to be an idol if she had been robbed of the opportunity to debut the previous month?

So Yiren frowned, waiting for Minho to come online; because he was her only refuge at this point.

(a/n: okayyy so here's an insight into our female lead's life!! Don't worry; this isn't a sad story! Humor coming up aye

I'm so sorry for taking so much time to update but istg, I try!

Thanks for reading! I love you!)