Chapter 18: Kitten

Months ago: when Aisha got her first exhibition

Minho had very easily (read nervously) reached the desired apartment, and was wearing a face mask and standing at the edge of the stairs, a step away from the door behind which Yiren lived.

"I can do this, I can do this- FRICK I CANNOT-" his anxiety worked him up, and before he could leave, his hand accidentally slammed on the doorbell of the apartment.

"SHIT!" he groaned, and although his mind told him to make a run for it, the door opened to reveal...

...an old lady? Holding a grumpy-looking cat in her hands?

Did Yiren age too quick or what-

"Who are you?" the old lady grumbled, and the cat glared at Minho as if he was Oli London.

"Uh... I'm sorry I must've-"

"HUSBAND!" Came that excited, familiar voice from behind him, and he instantly turned to see her beaming at him, from the door right across the hallway.

"Oh, thank god!" Minho sighed in relief, "I was doubting myself for a moment... or doubting your aging process, maybe."

"What do you even like in this pest?" the old lady spat, speaking to Minho, "Yiren, whatever her name is."

"Ayo, oldie. If you trouble my guests agai-" Yiren couldn't complete when Minho started talking to the grumpy cat, "Hi, hi."

"That cat is demonic! It once scratched me on my forehead and I had to tell people that I accidentally cut my forehead while chopping vegetables!" Yiren panicked, running towards the old lady with a water gun.

"She's here! Hide, Thomas!" the lady screeched, rushing back inside her apartment and closing the door a little too late; because Yiren used her water gun to splash water on her butt, making the old day shriek and the cat to let out a satanic meow.

The door shut, and Minho just simply stared at the closed door. What just happened...?

"The greeting might not have been the best, but welcome to your paradise, husband!" Yiren chirped, ushering him into her apartment.

Minho entered the place, and looking around at the place, he observed — half-eaten packets of chips littered around, coffee mugs thrown across the floor, confetti (?), and a laptop shining somewhere in the mess.

It was still considerably cleaner than the Stray Kids dormitory, though.

"What do you wanna do today?" she questioned, skipping over an empty coffee cup and holding a hand for him to jump forward, too. He followed suit, jumping over it and sitting down on the ground, with her sitting in front of him.

"Oh, and if you're wondering — my house isn't as messy. This is just because I was trying to get myself into other companies all night long. Damn, I didn't even eat breakfast today..." Yiren rambled, "So, yeah!"

"Let me cook for you?" Minho piped up, "You haven't even eaten."

"Okay, mommy."

"Keep these kinks somewhere else," Minho grimaced, making her laugh, and dude, he might not call himself a simp, but he was.

Closet simp.

Minho got up and walked over to what seemed like the kitchen, and searching for food items in her refrigerator, he called out, "Fried chicken?"

"You're feeding me Felix?"

Minho couldn't even.

He chuckled at the stupid remark and spoke, "Yeah. Have some Yongbok."

"We both know how our minds work, right?" Yiren wiggled her eyebrows, and he sighed.

But don't take that sigh for disappointment — no, my friend, for he spoke up, "Yeah, yeah, kitten."

Yiren loudly gasped, "DID YOU JUST-"

"Fried chicken?" he casually intervened, making her stand dumbfounded and nod, her mouth agape.

It took her a minute to process that he was secretly smirking, looking down at the pieces of chicken, when she protested, "HEY! STOP SMIRKING!"

"Okayyy... kitten."

"STOP!"

(a/n: so I updated :D

Next one will come quicker, istg I promise!! I declared earlier that after Missing Part, I was going to get back to this book, and I'm following that decision! * Claps *

And dUDE WTF WE HIT 10K OMG-

Did you like itttt?

Thanks for reading! I love you!)