Chapter 24: Eat The Rich

A few days ago: when Jisung confessed his love to Sihyeon while she was drunk

Minho was minding his own business in the living room, as a mature adult should, when Jisung and Felix reached home late at night.

Hyunjin, sitting in the living room as well, got up from his seat as soon as the sunshine twins entered, and sternly spoke, "Welcome home, cheaters."

"Wha...?" Felix made his iconic 'what the' face, and Jisung collapsed onto the floor.

Seeing him fall, Minho and Hyunjin rushed over to him, while Felix ran into the kitchen to fetch him a glass of water. Minho adjusted his head onto his thigh so that his head didn't get as hurt as his ego. As soon as the Aussie was back, Hyunjin told him, "Felix! He's fainted! Water, water!"

Felix splashed it on Jisung's face.

Hyunjin and Minho paused and stared at the Aussie, who cried, "I panicked!"

Jisung opened his eyes, "Guys, I didn't faint."

Minho, who was holding his head in place on his thighs, slid his thigh from underneath his head, making his head bang on the floor.

"Ow!" Jisung cried, "I wish I'd fainted instead!"

"WHY DID YOU FALL?" Hyunjin yelled, and Jisung sighed in bliss (?).

"The stars are beautiful tonight," the quokka dreamily spoke, staring at the ceiling.

The other three looked up, only to see a roof and some ceiling fans.

"I don't... see stars?" Hyunjin asked, doubtfully.

"Guys," Jisung suddenly rose, "I've done something right."

"Oh, no..." Minho's eyes widened.

"Yes! You guessed it right! I confessed to Sihyeon that I'm in love with her!"

Crickets screeched instead of humans. It was silent as ever.

"Guys...?" Jisung pouted, "I can't hear the cheers from you guys."

"Yay?" Minho spoke, "Because the last time I heard from you, you said she was drunk."

"Yeah? So?"

"Don't tell me you confessed to a drunk person!" Hyunjin gasped, "I learnt in school that you should never confess to drunk people!"

"You learned that in school? Which school did you go to? The School Of Drunk Lovers or something?" Felix grimaced.

Hyunjin winked at him, and no one knows why he did that, or why Felix didn't pursue his question.

"But!" Jisung nagged, "What do I do now? I confessed already!"

"It's a 2.37% chance that she'd remember that you said that," Minho, the mathematical prodigy, calculated.

"Dude, that's way too precise!" Jisung cried, "I feel like a fool."

"Even a fool knows," Felix referenced their song, and Minho narrowed his eyes at him, making him go, "What?"

So as Jisung was being consoled by Hyunjin and Felix, Minho drew out his phone and texted you-obviously-know-who.

Me:
I think I should open a tea stall by now smh smh

---

Thug Life:
I think I should open a tea stall by now smh smh

Yiren was busy sending out her profile and performance videos to several other idol producing companies, chewing on her lower lip over the anxiety of being rejected. She had faced it before; she knew how it felt like.

And coming to South Korea, leaving all her family and friends — and home — behind, she had learned how to adapt to this new environment; a brand new world with a thousand opportunities and a million heartbreaks.

She was surviving, yes, and it was all thanks to Lee Minho — the provider of sanity and home to her, here in a foreign country.

So when her phone tinged with a notification from him, she couldn't waste another second before checking it.

Me:
New tea?
WHAT DID JISUNG DO NOW????

Thug Life:
You wouldn't believe
LMAOOOOO IT'S SO FUNNY

Me:
WHAT WHAT WHAT

Thug Life:
So Felix and him had gone to Sihyeon's place bec she and Jiwon had gotten drunk
And they come back home at like 3 am
(Which is now, why am I awake?)
And Jisung collapses

Me:
GASP

Thug Life:
And he stares up at the ceiling and talks about the stars being beautiful????

Me:
My guy has the superpower to look through roofs
Idk what kinda power that is, but yeah

Thug Life:
Yeah!
And so he suddenly gets up
And says that he's confessed his LoVe for her
WHILE SHE WAS DRUNK

Me:

Thug Life:
I wanna laugh but he's currently throwing a tantrum on the dining table
I'm just counting seconds to when the table will break

Me:
It's never a dull moment at the skz dorm, is it?

Thug Life:
Annoyingly enough, yes

Me:
I wanna live in a dorm too :((
With my future groupmates :((
Because I want to debut :((

Thug Life:
Hey hey
Don't lose heart
You'll get there soon, I'm sure
Until then, eat the rich
Get vaccinated
Fucc the patriarchy

(a/n: gabithequokka no but you're too iconic so I had to-)

Me:
That was comforting
Very odd
Are you high

Thug Life:
HA HA H A no

Me:
Hehe
I'm so lucky to have you in my life

Thug Life:
Ew cheesy!

Me:
...

Thug Life:
Say that again

Me:
S i m p

(a/n: DOUBLE UPDATE!!! :D

Forgot to tell y'all, but today marks EXACTLY the first birthday of this book!! This baby turned 1!! <3

did you like this?

thanks for reading! I love you!)