Chapter 33: Grown Up Swordfights

"I think I'm in love with you."

Yiren sat in shock for about a full minute, neither moving, nor breathing. Minho carefully examined her: she looked taken aback, and he was worried that he probably messed up. He shouldn't have said that so soon. He probably scared her-

"LEE MINHO!" she exclaimed, jumping on him. The three children were alarmed, literally jumping up in shock, and then ran away.

His eyes widened when she tackled him to the ground, hugging him tightly, as if she was clutching onto him for her dear life. He felt overly relieved when he hear her giggle, thankful for the fact that he hadn't made things weird between them. She rose, and with an ear-to-ear smile, she exclaimed, "I wanted to say it first!"

"Wha-"

"I love you, Lee Minho!"

Minho's heart practically jumped out of his chest when she said that; it felt like the momentary wintery coldness inside him —  that had developed when she sat quiet — was now melting into a warmer spring season. The ice had melted, and now, it was time for the greenery to blossom and butterflies to hover.

"Really?" he asked, not able to believe it in the first go.

"Of course! I don't lie," Yiren grinned widely, and then, she grabbed his collar and crashed her lips onto his.

Minho gave in to the kiss, encasing her lips with his, and savoring the absolutely beautiful moment. The fragments of inhibitions in his head died before they could even be birthed. This kiss — this soft, filled with love kiss — was all that he needed to be certain about two things: 1) that they were truly in love; and 2) he was never going to be lonely ever again.

Yiren pulled away, her lips slightly swollen and her cheeks flushed, and she breathlessly spoke to him, "Took you long enough."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he brushed it off to hide his own reddening ears.

She giggled, "Typical tsundere."

That's when Dori meowed, glaring at the two and looking pointedly at them. Minho laughed, "The children didn't like the PDA."

"Our poor children!" she dramatically gasped, laughing right after.

And in that moment, everything felt at peace, and they prayed that it never ended.

---

4 months later

"Minho!" Yiren whined for her boyfriend, who was busy cooking a meal for the two of them. He had brought their kids to Yiren's apartment, and currently, the girl was trying her goddamn best to handle the three troublemakers.

"Yeah?" he yelled from the kitchen.

"Soonie has fallen out of love with me!" she cried, watching as the mentioned animal trotted over to Minho's feet and curled itself up around his left foot.

Minho laughed loudly, "This is called being a parent, Yirenie. The children are bound to leave you after they grow up. Sad, but true."

"Dude, please don't say depressing shit. I wouldn't know what to say then," she make a poker face.

He spared her a glance, scoffing and tossing the vegetables in his frying pan. Yiren noticed that, sashayed over to him, and spoke, "Have you watched Tangled?

"Yeah, why?"

She wrapped herself around his frame from behind, her arms locking around his torso. He tensed up, "What... are you doing?"

Yiren innocently smiled and spoke, "And you know what they do in that movie whenever Rapunzel is mad at Eugene?"

"What?"

She immediately unlocked her arms from around him, and in a span of two seconds, she picked up a random frying pan lying on the kitchen slab. Minho couldn't even process what was happening before she made that frying pan a shield and exclaimed, "SHE HIT HIM WITH A FRYING PAN! NOW, LEE MINHO, WOULD YOU LIKE A TASTE OF THAT?"

"WHAT DID I DO?"

She was about to attack him gently with it, but he lifted his spatula and fought the pan as if they were involved in a sword fight. The two utensils crashed against each other, and due to the sharp impact, the wooden spatula broke into two and the frying pan developed a dent.

Both Minho and Yiren halted. And two seconds later, they broke out into a stressed laughter.

"Consequences of grown up swordfights, I guess?" she stated.

"We're stray kids. You are one, too."

"Honoured, Your Majesty."

(a/n: QUICK UPDATE!! AND YES A TIME SKIP AHAHAHAHA

My humor is dying down I need to reboot asap

Did you like this, anyway?

Thanks for reading! I love you!)