Chapter 9: Chocolate And Certified Hacker

Months ago: the day before Chan and Aisha's confession

"Hey, Jisung," Minho walked into the empty living room, where Jisung sat, typing away on his phone with earphones plugged in. Since the younger didn't hear him, he called out again, a bit louder, "Jisung?"

"..."

"Jisung."

"..."

"YAH HAN JISUNG!"

"I SWEAR I DIDN'T HAVE THE LAST PIECE OF CHOCOLATE, HYUNJIN!" Jisung jumped up with a start, his earphones falling off with the impact. His eyes were bloodshot, and as soon as he realized that it wasn't Hyunjin who was calling him, he sighed in relief, "Oh, it's just you."

"Last piece of chocolate? Wow, our crises are different and so are we," Minho remarked, and walked towards him.

"What do you want?" Jisung asked, "Since we are different, we have different interests."

Minho glanced at his phone and peeked at the bright screen, finding an episode of Peppa Pig playing on it.

"I agree."

"DON'T JUDGE ME!"

Ignoring his protests, Minho commenced with his business, "Okay, do you know anyone named Yiren?"

"Yiren...?" Jisung creased his eyebrows.

"From the company? She could even be a trainee... I don't know, do you re-"

"Oh, yes! Yiren! Wang Yiren!" Jisung exclaimed, "That strange girl from China!"

"Bro, calm down-"

"How could I forget her? Chan and I taught her Korean when we were trainees."

"You did what?" Minho's eyes widened.

"Yeah! You wouldn't know her, I think. She wasn't at the top of the list sometimes. But yeah, she tried her best," Jisung spoke.

Minho thought over it. It's been years since they had debuted, so if the connection is dated back to their trainee days, then she definitely had gone through a long phase of training. And getting ripped off from debuting? He knew the pain. And he empathized with her.

"Oh, and she was really weird. But in a good way, though. I wonder why she was always alone," Jisung added.

Minho gently smiled – not because she was alone, but because he was her friend. He was certain that he had done something right.

"Okay, cool."

As he turned to go back, Jisung smirked, "Why did you want to know about her?"

Minho looked at him, good at controlling his expression, "I just wanted to."

The younger chuckled, "You're definitely hiding something."

"Uh huh? Say that again and I'm telling Hyunjin that you ate the last piece of chocolate," Minho passive-aggressively smiled at him, leaving a complaining Jisung behind.

"Hm, so Wang Yiren."

---

"Hm, so Lee Minho."

If you didn't know this fact about Yiren, then you've been living under a rock.

She was a certified hacker. Heck, she could have that a career, but she chose the idol way.

And knowing what she was doing, she felt a little guilty. After all, she didn't want to pry on somebody's privacy, but ever since that chat had happened – where she had noticed that Minho was a lot like Lee Know – she couldn't rest. Of course, Minho himself had agreed to her, but she knew he was playing with her mind.

But Yiren was no idiot.

Having hacked out the details of his from that unbelievably sketchy app, she realized that she had been right all this time; Lee Minho wasn't a marine architect. In fact, he was Lee Know of Stray Kids.

"Talk about intellect," she praised herself, flipping her hair while looking at the computer screen.

But she knew her boundaries. She wasn't going to leak his information, or even save his number from the personal information section of his. Ethical, indeed.

Yiren was then stuck in a dilemma. She halted typing, and then stared at her reflection on the screen. She had obviously crossed the line.

How was she going to tell him that she had hacked into his personal details?

She groaned; she wasn't going to lie to him.

And in that impulse, she picked up her phone and typed out a message like the "intellectual" being she was,

HaloBishes: I'm so sorry, Lino

(a/n: dun dun dun

Did you like the chapter? Please do leave your comments!!

Thanks for reading! I love you!)