Chapter 13: Mom's Approval

Months ago: somewhere before Chan and Aisha met for the first time

It's been a while since Yiren and Minho had confessed, and what was Yiren doing? Simping, of course.

Ever since they had confessed, they had been talking a lot more than before, and surprisingly, she had realized that her sense of humor had evolved from being super weird to just weird. Couldn't blame Minho, though; he was weird himself.

But she had a different crisis to attend to. Her idol career.

Being at JYP Entertainment, she knew that once she was ripped off her chance to debut, there was next to no choice left for her to debut again. She had watched her acquaintances develop and transform into idols and debut, and even sell out hit albums. However, she felt like she was far behind in the race.

So what she was opting for was to leave the company and join somewhere else.

Of course, she wouldn't leave the company before getting selected somewhere else – she couldn't take that risk, no.

So surfing the internet for some good companies to join, she had spent the last six hours burning her eyes on the bright light of her laptop. Of course, the laptop without the 'ctrl' key.

That was when she received a call from her mother. Yiren picked it up, and spoke, "Hello, mom."

"You sound tired, Yiren. What happened?" her mother's concerned voice sounded from the device.

"Oh, it's nothing! I was just practicing," Yiren lied.

"Oh, alright! I'm sorry that I'm disturbing!"

"No, no, it's okay! How are you? How's dad?"

"We're all good, sweetie. Don't worry about us," her mother smiled, and Yiren could clearly picture the grin, and her mother continued, "How's practice? Did you get a chance to debut yet?"

"Not yet..."

"Aw, it's okay, dear! We're proud of you anyway!"

Yiren smiled, "Thanks, mom..."

"So... did you find any friends yet?"

A picture of Lee Minho flashed into her head, and she nervously said, "Y-Yeah, I found a friend. His name is Minho and-"

"A guy? Hmm," her mother teasingly spoke, "Are you just friends or...?"

"Mom!" she groaned, and the older woman on the other end laughed.

"What is he like?"

Yiren bit her lip before saying, "He's amazing. He can dance well, sing well, and can even cook. Like, really, really talented. Oh, and he has cats!"

"You seem to really like him, sweetie."

"I guess I do."

And the talk continued for another hour as her mother told Yiren about the latest dishes she made and the way her neighbor argued with her. Yiren laughed and interacted, her tension leaving her body quite easily.

As soon as the call ended, she found a message from Minho:

DoNotTextMe: hey

HaloBishes: hiii :D

HaloBishes: I was just talking to my mom and the topic of friends came up

HaloBishes: so I told her about you and

HaloBishes: YOU GOT MY MOM'S APPROVAL!!!

DoNotTextMe: you literally just friend-zoned me why are you so happy

HaloBishes: oH-

DoNotTextMe: I said what I said

HaloBishes: what do you even want me to call you?

DoNotTextMe: if you're thinking that I'll tell you to call me daddy, then you're demented

DoNotTextMe: that's a very Chan thing to do

DoNotTextMe: so call me whatever you want EXCEPT DADDY AND ALL THAT KINKY JAZZ

HaloBishes: hmm how about uh

HaloBishes: HUBBY? BEC WE'RE PRACTICALLY MARRIED AREN'T WE

DoNotTextMe: sigh

DoNotTextMe: okay wifey

HaloBishes: you're so soft for me hehe :3

DoNotTextMe: no

HaloBishes: okay tsundere

DoNotTextMe: stfu wifey

HaloBishes: :DD

(a/n: I practically married them already, Chan and Aisha are too slow ig

Did you like it? Tell me through your votes and comments!! :))

Thanks for reading! I love you!)