Comatose

SULLY'S POV

I'm currently sitting in the corner of billies hospital room.

Billie has been put in a medically induced coma while the drugs fade out of her system, she should be up within a few days but no one is sure to what state she is going to be in when she wakes up.

She has a broken wrist and elbow on her right arm from the fall and a minor concussion.

Neither me, Maggie, Patrick or Finneas have left the room except from the occasional coffee run or toilet break.

It has been 13 hours since the incident and I don't even remember the last time i moved, it's as if my body is on autopilot.

None of us have spoken a proper sentence to each other since entering the hospital room and setting our eyes on a girl who 72 hours ago seemed full of life prancing around the stage.

Tour has been pushed back and news outlets have been told that Billie fell down a flight of stairs causing her to break her arm, therefore the explanation to why tour has been postponed until further notice.

Her management are up in arms trying to sort the possible outbreak of what could be uncovered, everyone else simply walking on egg shells around us trying not to cause any more disturbance.

Me and Finneas share a comforting look as I catch his attention asking if he needs anything, causing him to belatedly shake his head stuck in the horrifying trance of that just happened to his little sister, his thoughts so loud as if you could read his mind, ridden with guilt of not doing enough or maybe even overbearing his baby sister constantly swirling in his head with each ragged breath he takes.

Maggie and Patrick's position has stayed the same since taking a place by there daughter bed, both rapped within each others warmth seeking comfort from one another, Patrick seems to be the most guarded of us all only spilling a single tear every time his eyes meet his daughters cold unmoving hands entrapped within his.
Maggie on the other hand looks distraught, her baby girl, overwhelm and over worked by the world has finally crumbled under the pressure of it all, constantly beating herself up over the fact that she seemed to be the only one that didn't realise her daughter had a drug problem.

Patrick knew but thought that it was only some harmless marijuana usage, after finding some blunt raps in the pocket of her daughters hoodie during cleaning day and a short but stern conversation with his daughter he thought all was well, I mean he him self was a teenager once but not a single time could his mind have fathomed the danger she had put herself in.

Finneas had also known for sometime and had tried to help her I'm many ways like hiding the drugs and helping her on her "down days",but he also knew his sister and realised it was hopeless after a few weeks believing she would overcome herself within a short time like she did with all her other problems.

The steady movement of her chest is the only thing keeping me sane right now as my eyes trace over the many IVs covering her arms and tube in her nose.

As the clock on the dreary wall starts the near 12 am I offer to stay here with Finneas while Maggie and Patrick go and get some sleep back at the hotel, the offer is kindly excepted with a hug as the to Parents sluggishly make there way back to their car.

"Did you know?" A congested Finneas mumbles out into the dimly lit room

"Yeah I caught her a few times but it didn't seem like it was my place to tell her to stop until recently when it was to late"

"Why didn't you say anything"

"Because she begged me not to, I know it was wrong but she begged me and made me promise her, I couldn't break her trust.
In some ways I'm happy I didn't because then she probably would never had told me where she went and then..."

"She could have been dead" he whispers his voice breaking at the end.

"Yeah she could have been"

"Thank you"

"It's my job fin, I wouldn't have expected anything less from anyone else, if anything I would have expected more"

"I know you like her, I think she likes you to by the way"

I send him a small smile " it's late fin we should get some sleep"

"Night Em"

That night I didn't sleep, I couldn't.
I just stayed awake looking at the lost girl trapped within the layers of itchy hospital sheets and prayed that she would be ok.

————————————————————————

Please tell me what you think about this storyyyyyy