Chapter 13

Salaam everyone! Don't forget to vote and comment! I love comments :)

“Jenna? Jenna are you okay?! Jenna!”

Jenna stared at Rami’s arm, her mouth open in a silent scream. There were two holes in his arm the bullets lodged inside, and blood was beginning to soak his shirt.

“Jenna! Answer me! Are you okay?!”

He had just gotten shot and he was asking if she was okay!?

“Oh my God Rami!” she exclaimed, and as people started to walk by, he turned slightly so his injured arm was out of their view.

“Don’t freak out.” He warned.

“Rami! You just got hit!”

“I realize that.” He said glancing down the street, and cursing under his breath. “He got away.” He muttered punching the side of the ice cream shop, and wincing slightly. As he turned his head to inspect his arm, Jenna just stood there petrified.

Rami had just gotten shot in the middle of a crowded New York sidewalk.

No one had noticed.

The man had gotten away.

Rami was acting like he had just gotten a paper cut.

And she wasn’t supposed to freak out!?

“We need to get you out of here.” He glanced uneasily down the street again, “now.”

“But what about your arm!? You have to get to the hospital!” she exclaimed, and he shook his head.

“We need to get you home. Give me your jacket.” He ordered, and as she slipped off her sweater and handed it to him, he slung it over his arm so it covered the holes the bullets had made. If the situation wasn’t so terrifying, it would have been kind of comical to see such a buff man with a pink fluffy sweater slung over his arm.

After making sure his injury wasn’t showing, Rami stepped into the street and whistled for a taxi.

“Don’t say a word.” He said as one pulled to a stop and as they got in the car, she sat there trembling.

Why had that man shot at them!?

Was he trying to shoot Jenna?!

Was Rami going to be okay!?

WHY HAD NOBODY NOTICED!?

By the time they had reached home, she was in full on freak out mode, and she had to practically run to keep up with Rami’s pace. As they entered the house, Rami stormed towards the kitchen.

“RANA!” he bellowed loudly, before stripping off his shirt, and as Jenna caught a glimpse of just how dire his wounds were, she swayed slightly on her feet.

“Oh my God.” She mumbled, and Rami glanced over at her.

“Sit down before you hurt yourself.” He ordered, and as she hurriedly sunk into one of the dining room chairs, he stood at the bottom of the stairs.

“RANA! GET DOWN HERE!” he shouted again. “Put your head between your knees. You’re looking like you’re going to faint.” He told Jenna, and as she did what she was told, she heard footsteps coming down the steps.

“What do you want Rami?” Rana asked irritably, and Jenna glanced up as her sister in law came into the room. At first Rana didn’t notice the wounds, and seeing Rami shirtless, she rolled her eyes. “Seriously? Put a shirt on.” She said in annoyance, but when he turned his arm towards her, her face paled, and she rushed across the room towards him. “Sit.” She ordered, and he did, wincing as she poked gently at his arm.