Chapter 38

Salaam everyone! Sorry it took so long to update. Requesting Duaa's please :( Hope you enjoy this chapter, and stay awesome! (Also, sorry for any mistakes, too tired to edit again lol)

Jafar stood in front of the window in the living room of Rami and Rana's apartment, his hands clasped behind his back. Even though his gaze was on the street below, he saw neither cars nor people, her face overriding everything else.

Her beautiful face.

He had gotten so used to seeing her every day, that now that she was gone, the house was painfully and obviously quiet.

His emotional attachment to her was stronger than he had previously thought, and that shocked him to his very core.

He had never been one to fall in and out of love. Sure once in a while he would think a girl was pretty, or perhaps he would develop feelings for someone. But it never went beyond feelings. It never went to the point where he could picture a future.

Where he wanted a future.

Until Emma.

From the moment he met her, his whole world had been turned upside down and thrown for such a loop, that he felt like he was on a roller coaster. She had entranced him to the point that he was seriously reevaluating his life and his actions almost all the time. He knew he wasn't good enough for her. He knew at as plainly as he knew his own name.

He also knew that he shouldn't hold his breath that she would return his feelings. She was a bright, friendly, energetic, independent young lady who was beautiful. While he was...well he was him. There was nothing special about him...

He shook his head, her face filling his mind once again.

It was all his fault she was gone.

It was all his fault and he didn't even deserve to think of her.

He deserved the worst of punishments, though he wasn't sure if anything could feel worse than the pain he was currently feeling. The pain of knowing she was in the hands of that evil man. He clenched his hands to his sides, closing his eyes against the anger that was flooding through him.

"Jafar?"

He glanced up as he heard Jenna say his name, and he waited until she had come all the way into the room before bowing slightly in her direction.

"Jenna."

She gave a small smile, though her eyes were still red from crying, and worry lined her face. Despite the strong resemblance between the two sisters, Jafar didn't see them as identical like everyone else. Jenna was Jenna, and Emma was Emma.

"Are you okay?" she asked, and he felt his heart beat fast, remembering the conversation he had had with Emma at Rami and Rana's wedding when she too had inquired about how he was doing.

"I guess."

She tilted her head in concern.

"Jafar, what happened to Emma isn't your fault." She said softly, and he turned his face away, clenching his jaw.

It was his fault.

It was all his fault.

"I shouldn't have let her leave us."

Jenna gave a small laugh.

"You wouldn't have been able to stop her. She is very stubborn, and once she gets an idea in her head, there is no changing her mind."

He shook his head.

"I should have insisted. I should have followed her immediately. But I didn't. And now..." he trailed off, shaking his head.