Chapter 46

Thank you to all of you who sent me get well messages. I know it's been awhile since I've updated, but I've been really sick. Anyways, thank you again to all of you, I really appreciate it, and it made me feel a little bit better :) Sorry I didn't edit, I wasn't feeling well enough. Stay awesome!

"Why were you hiding in the hallway?" Rana asked as Jafar stepped into the apartment, and he gave a smile.

"I wasn't hiding. I just heard you holding them hostage, and I didn't want to have to stand there with my hands up." He teased, and Rana glared at him.

"Be quiet Jafar."

"You have to admit it was funny Rana."

"Nobody asked you!" she retorted, and he shook his head in amusement.

"I hate to interrupt, but Jamaal will be here any second." Laith said, drawing attention back in his direction. "As I said before, we enlisted Jafar's help to be on the inside as Sami couldn't be around all the time without everyone getting suspicious, and our cameras could only pick so much up. He was also there to protect you girls if anything were to happen, such as, well, Emma getting taken." He said a bit wistfully, and Jafar scowled slightly.

"You had to bring that up didn't you?"

Laith sighed.

"Look man I was just giving an example I wasn't tryin..." Suddenly a ringing filled the air, and as Laith looked down at his phone, he grimaced slightly. "It's Jamaal. I will be right back." He said, and as he stepped out of the apartment, Jenna turned to look at Jafar.

"Okay wait. I'm confused." She said, and Jafar took a seat on the couch.

"What are you confused about?" he asked, and Jenna put her hands up.

"Everything! I thought you were the traitor."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Traitor? What do you mean?"

"Oh. Um, apparently one of Hud's men is betraying him and giving information to Jamaal."

"I did not know that."

"Neither did I." Sami said.

"Why did you think I was a traitor?" Jafar asked, and she flushed slightly.

"Because I saw you doing some pretty weird things."

"Such as?"

"Well when you came into Hud's office that one time when I was there. Or when you were doing something odd to Omar's door next to the laundry room. Or when we met Laith in the lobby and you guys were like glaring at each other. Or how you kept saying that Emma being gone was your fault!"

He gave a small smile.

"I do apologize if I made you distrust me. I can explain all of those things. As for why I went into Hudayfah's office, it's quite simple. My cell phone had died, and I needed to use the phone to check in. But if I used the downstairs phone, everyone would hear what I was saying, so I used the one in his office."

"Oh." Jenna said a bit embarrassedly.

"As for what I was doing at Omar's door, and by the way you would make an amazing spy yourself as I was not even aware you were there," Jenna smiled, "I was dusting for fingerprints. We wanted a record of everyone who went in and out of that room, just in case someone who was not supposed to be there was there."

"I see. I feel quite silly now." Jenna said quietly, and he waved a hand in the air.

"That is not necessary. You had a right to be cautious, and again I apologize for making you feel uneasy around me."