Chapter 20

Salaam everyone. I know I didn't update yesterday, my illness was acting up during the time I usually write :( Please keep me in your Du'aas! Thank you so much to all of you who sent me messages and posted to check on me when I didn't update :) Stay awesome! <3

"You know you shouldn't eat things with raw eggs." Jenna warned as Rana ate a spoonful of the cookie dough they were making. Rana scoffed, and dipped her spoon back into the bowl.

"I am a doctor, and I am telling you that's practically not true."

Jenna raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Practically not true?"

Rana shrugged.

"It's all about the power of the mind. I am willing myself not to get sick from these raw eggs, and I won't!" she exclaimed putting the spoon in her mouth again, and Jenna shook her head, turning back towards the mixer.

Hudayfah and Rami had gone out for business after Fajr and had yet to return, and Hudayfah had put up Muhsin in a hotel room as Jenna had decided she couldn't face him right now. So the girls had taken advantage of having the house to themselves. First they had blasted the radio and danced all over the entire house, then they had played Dance Dance Revolution for about an hour until they collapsed on the floor in a fit of giggles, complaining how out of shape they were, and then proceeding to order Chinese food for lunch. After watching Pride and Prejudice which was the millionth time for both of them, (the amazing Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy BBC version not that Keira Knightley rip off), Rana suggested they make chocolate chip cookies, and after putting on Cake Boss to give themselves inspiration, they had begun to get out the ingredients, and now Jenna was attempting to place the mixture on the baking sheets.

"Well stop eating all the dough, we won't have enough to bake!" Jenna exclaimed slapping away Rana's hand, and she laughed, placing her spoon down before jumping up to sit on the counter.

"Tell me about your sisters." She said, and Jenna smiled, spooning out another clump of dough.

"Well, Emma is a year younger than me, and Maria is three years. They are the best sisters a girl could ask for, and I love them so much. Emma and I are almost identical in looks but polar opposites in regards to our personalities. She is loud and hyper and totally health and fitness obsessed, while I'm quieter and kind of shy and well, I eat cookies in the middle of the day!"

Rana laughed.

"Yes she is definitely your opposite." She teased, and Jenna kicked her.

"Be quiet!" she exclaimed, licking her finger. "Emma actually is a nutritionist and a physical trainer."

"Is she married?"

Jenna shook her head.

"No not yet. She's been so obsessed with her work that I think it is going to be awhile before she does."

"What about Maria?"

"No she isn't married either. She's only twenty, so she's the baby of the family. She's kind of spoiled but she's also one of the sweetest people you're ever going to meet. She's studying to be a veterinarian, though I don't know how she will handle when she has to put animals down with her soft heart!" she exclaimed, and Rana laughed again.

"I used to want to be a vet too until I found out you had to do that." She swung her feet back and forth. "And what about Muhsin?"

Jenna made a face, and added more chocolate chips to the bowl.

"Muhsin is the oldest, he's twenty six."

"Hud's age!" Rana exclaimed, and Jenna nodded.

"Yup. You know he went to ASU with Hudayfah right?"