Chapter 41

Salaam everyone. So the chapters are going to be a little bit shorter than usual just so I can make the story last longer :) I hope you enjoy this chapter! Stay awesome!

Rana slid off her robe and slippers, and climbed into her and Rami's bed, turning on her bedside lamp. 

"Habibi are you coming to bed?" she called, and as Rami stepped out of the bathroom, she watched him, her heart skipping a beat slightly.

Gosh he was handsome.

"Yup I'll be right there, let me just change." He said disappearing into the closet, and a few minutes later he reappeared, sliding into the bed next to her.

"Hi." She said as he put an arm around her, and he bent to kiss her.

"Hello beautiful."

"Did you and Omar figure things out?" she asked, and he blew out a breath.

"Sort of."

"What does that mean?"

"It means that we made a plan, but we can only hope that things go smoothly."

"What's the plan?"

"Um, I don't think I should tell you."

She pushed up on her elbow, peering into his face.

"That means it's dangerous isn't it?" When he didn't answer, she gripped his chin in her hand, pulling his face so he was looking at her. "Rami, answer me."

He sighed.

"I mean anything would be dangerous at this point considering Jamaal has the advantage."

"So what are you going to do?"

"We know where Emma's room is, and hopefully some of the men can cause a big enough distraction that we would be able to get her out before anyone notices. As for Hudayfah, I don't know what to do. They are going to have him heavily watched."

"When are you guys going to go? Hud's been gone for three days already.

Rami sighed, and leaned his head back against the wall.

"I'm at a loss Rana. I didn't realize how much I depended on Hudayfah's advice and guidance. He is seriously like my brother, and now I'm lost."

She brushed his hair back, before settling her hand on his arm. His muscles were so big, that even if she opened her hand all the way, it didn't even span close to the size of his arm.

"Oh Rami. You are smart, and intelligent, and creative, and slightly crazy," he laughed, and brought her hand up to kiss it, "and I have total faith in you." She kissed his shoulder before leaning her head against him, and he brought her into an embrace.

"Thank you honey."

There were silent for a few seconds before he shifted so he was looking into her face.

"I have something for you."

Her eyes lit up.

"Ooh! What is it?"

He shook his head in amusement as he pushed the blanket off of his legs.

"No, this isn't an 'ooh' thing. I need you not to panic." He said as he pulled off one of the pictures on the wall, and her eyes widened in surprise as a safe appeared. She watched curiously as he put in the combination, opened it, and as he pulled out a small black pistol, she sprung out of the bed in a panic.

"Good Lord Rami! Please tell me that isn't what I think it is!?" she exclaimed, and he put a hand up.

"Calm down, it's not loaded."