Chapter 35

Jenna sat at a table with Rana, Hudayfah's mother, Rami's mother and grandmother, Hikmah, Hind, their mother, and Emma and Maria, not able to stop herself from smiling. Rami was sitting at a table at the head of the room, Hudayfah who was his witness, sitting next to him, followed by the Sheikh, Rana and Hudayfah's dad, and Sami, who was Rana's witness.

"Bismillah arRahman arRahim. In the name of Allah the most Gracious the most Merciful. I bear witness that there is no God but Allah, and Mohammad (pbuh) is the Messenger of Allah. Today, I ask Allah swt to fill our gathering with his blessings, and let the angels be witnesses as well to this marriage between Rami and Rana. First I must ask, has the dowry been agreed upon?" he asked turning towards Rami, and he nodded.

"Yes."

"And it has been accepted by the bride?"

Abu Sami nodded.

"Yes."

"Very well, we will now have Hudayfah, the brother of the bride, recite some verses from our holy Quran to bless this union."

Hudayfah got up from his seat, before taking a breath, and beginning the reciting, everyone quiet as his melodious voice filled the room. Once he had finished, he sat back down, and the Sheikh rose again.

"Is the bride entering into this union of her own free will?" he asked, and Rana's dad nodded.

"She is."

"And is the groom entering into this union of his own free will?"

Rami nodded as well.

"I am."

"Bismillah, if the groom and the bride's father will clasp hands. Abu Sami, if you will repeat after me, 'I permit you to marry my daughter in accordance with the Islamic law, with the agreed upon dowry, in the presence of these witnesses here, Allah being our best witness.'"

"Rami, I permit you to marry my daughter in accordance with the Islamic law, with the agreed upon dowry, in the presence of these witnesses here, Allah being our best witness."

"Oh my God in like two seconds they will be married!" Emma squealed in Jenna's ear, and she smiled in amusement, patting her sister's hand, though her excitement was mounting as well.

The Sheikh turned towards Rami.

"Rami, repeat after me, 'I accept marrying your daughter in accordance with the Islamic law, with the agreed upon dowry, in the presence of these witnesses here, Allah being our best witness.'"

Rami cleared his throat, before leaning forward slightly.

"I accept marrying your daughter in accordance with the Islamic law, with the agreed upon dowry, in the presence of these witnesses here, Allah being our best witness." The words had barely left Rami's mouth, before Ali shouted 'Takbeer!' and everyone responded with 'Allahu Akbar!' whistling and cheering.

"May Allah swt bless the marriage between these two! Barak Allahu Lakuma Wabaraka Alaikuma Wajamaah Bainakuma Fi Khayr!" the Sheikh yelled over the noise, and as the room repeated it three times after him, Rami descended from his place, coming over and pulling Rana up from her chair. Rana blushed at the contact, but followed him up to the front where they signed their marriage contact, their free hands still clasped together.

"InshaAllah before the Walimah, the happy couple will be taking their wedding pictures, so please enjoy these array of sweets until then." The Sheikh announced pointing towards tables filled with a variety of sweets, and as the crowd started to line up, Rami grabbed Rana's hand in his, and pulled her towards the exit.