13. Crimson Blue

When Jeongguk first arrived at Del Royale, all he could think about was how much of this pack was different from his own. The rules, the people, the sight of happiness and equality- it was all a headache to his small brain. He was sure about one thing: if anyone asked his pack member how life is in Crimson Asterin, the enchanting and proud smile of a Del Royale-ian would definitely not be there. And that's because of the way their rulers treat their people.

As he glanced at the omega prince talking to the pack member with a sweet smile, pat on the shoulder of the other's beta mate, Jungkook wondered. What’s so in this male and his words? Anyone can say things sweetly. Anyone can talk like that. Anyone can gain attention like the prince. But no. The prince was not doing anything to gain any attention which by the way was already on him. Every living creature passing by Kim Taehyung takes a moment to acknowledge the beauty and that enthralling scent of the omega. And was Jungkook jealous? Maybe a little. Mates are supposed to be yours and yours only. Jeon Jungkook never shares what’s his. Once he owns something, he has the whole right on them. Very bad idea, especially when his mind wanders about to claim a certain male who was busy telling the pack members that he’s fine standing under the hot sun. Like, for real? Jungkook was burning for like an hour and no one even had a thought of telling him to sit down or take a rest from staring at the prince.

“That’s so sweet of you, alpha Jeon”

The smooth sound brought him back to reality as Jungkook fumbled upon words and embarrassment. The Army general of Del Royale smiled at him with a glint of teasing. The mischievous grin grew wider and the male broke into a small chuckle. Jungkook fixed his posture and asked. “Uh- did you say something?”

His doe eyes scanned the male. The average tall man with a smile most of the time except when he is training his warriors, reminded him of his own head warrior who was far away from him taking care of his pack alone. The minimized words of both are the same. But he thinks Hoseok smiles more than Yoongi. The Army general cleared his throat and answered.

“Yeah. But you were busy admiring something”.

Jungkook shook his head. Even though he was busy admiring someone, he would never admit that out loud. He passed a glance at Hoseok who already had eyes on him, boring to his soul. Keeping the stern posture, Jungkook tried to walk away but Hoseok stopped him.
“I see you have all the perks of a Trueblood ''

The words weren’t supposed to hit him like that. It was the truth of his existence that Jungkook wanted to be hidden from the world. Technically that was impossible because the aura was opposite to his plan. It would be announcing to every species around him that he- Jeon Jungkook the Trueblood is here even if he hates to reveal the mask in front of people. And hearing the word from Hoseok’s mouth felt like someone making him swallow a stone, throat tightening at the force. He sure is a Trueblood. But never wanted the advantage of being the most powerful secondary rank out there. Earning anything with that tag will show the world how uncourageous he is. And Jungkook will not let that happen to himself. Whatever he gained was because of the hard work and the master brain he has. And what was Hoseok meant by the perks of a Trueblood? Jungkook passed a glare almost like demanding the alpha to talk and cut the confusion he created. Shaking his head, Hoseok replied. 

"Ah, would you like to go for a walk, Jungkook-ssi?" 

The said male blinked, registering what he heard just now. Hoseok changed the topic which made him raise an eyebrow and nod in agreement anyway. They walked past the omega prince and the villagers, sparing just a simple glance, and ignored the topic they were discussing. But Jungkook couldn't hide his curiosity inside. In his low voice, he hummed and cleared his throat to grab the attention of the elder, quite conflicting with his natural aura and demeanor. When the elder's eyes met with his, Jungkook decided to break the silence.