36. Fated Night

The table was settled between them, and the roaring night around them fell into a deep daze when they sat next to each other on Jungkook's balcony. The lit-up skyscrapers and the small warm glint from a hanging lamp on the balcony were the only light source, even the moon was hiding behind the clouds. Yet, it felt so soothing. The chilly breeze would occasionally caress their hairs and brush past them, leaving the mates to smile in contentment.

Taehyung sat next to Jungkook, giving the alpha the coffee cup and taking a sip from his hot cocoa. There wasn't any turmoil between them, well, at least for now. Both felt patient from inside and outside to talk it out and listen to each other.

What happened in the past was out of their hands to fix, and they could only seize this moment and try not to tear down each other whenever they breathe around their peripheral vision.

After taking a wild sip from his drink, Taehyung let out a sigh, a grin plastering on his lips as he placed the cup on the table. He peeked at Jungkook who had eyes on the far and maybe wondering about the outskirts of the town. And Taehyung took a moment to trace Jungkook.

From the fallen hair that blocked the view of his beautiful midnight black orbs, the lean nose and the tip that tempted Taehyung to boop their noses together, the thin upper lip and the full lower lip, the mole under it prompted him to do a passionate sin.

The veiny neck and the wide shoulders, the smooth skin exposed like a canvas to the inks of the world. And that's where Taehyung paused. Shirtless Jungkook and his tattoos. Taehyung won't sleep after their little talk tonight.

"Stare all you want, mate. After all, you can only---"

"Only mine. It's all mine."

Jungkook only stares at his mate. Sometimes, Taehyung was just beyond his imagination. He knew that very well, but the omega must be oblivious to the things he was doing to his alpha.

Jungkook never tried to let it be known. He never removed the facade of his feelings in front of his mate. Even now, it stayed like that.

Taehyung looked away, avoiding the piercing gaze of the alpha. Even though he said it out loud, Taehyung didn't think of that phrase that deeply.

He should have kept it to himself but the omega couldn't help but lose his consciousness when he witnessed Jungkook under the warm lighting of the midnight, all exposed and raw. His every inch craved to belong to the alpha.

"Taehyung..."

"Yeah, yeah. I should stop."

Taehyung couldn't see Jungkook's eyes on him, probably judging for his stupidity. But to his surprise, the alpha only pulled his chair closer to him and whispered.

"No, it's all yours."

There goes the omega's poor heart and Taehyung cursed falling for it again. The world tricks him in a lot of ways and plays a lot of games that are nothing but a mess.

All they both wanted was an exit from the dirty business between them. Then again, here they're, back to square one, with feelings, desires, and helplessness. Nothing really changed.

Jungkook kept his gaze on Taehyung, impatiently expecting an answer from his mate but nothing came. The deep velvety voice of Taehyung didn't break the silence; instead, they fell into an indefinable serenity.

"Hey, Jungkook?"

The omega called out after some good minutes, placing his head on Jungkook's shoulder and leaning into the warmth.

The alpha hummed slowly, placing his hand around Taehyung's waist and releasing calming pheromones. A small smug decorated his lips when Taehyung snuggled closer.