37. Dark and Wild

Kook, I hatew youu

Jungkook sighed once again, reading the text on the notification screen. The evening was setting peacefully around Seoul's beautiful skylines, coloring the horizon into an elegant shade of black as if someone dropped the grey pallet, and the clouds spread around.

Jungkook rolled down the window of his car, letting the cool breeze enter his car, brushing off his tough aura. He was on the way back home after the several meetings he had, and the alpha was too done to call it a day- indeed an exhausting one.

The thoughts that filled his head were messing with his precious sleep, especially the meeting after Yugyeom. He had noticed how the alpha friend glimpsed the hickeys on his neck but said nothing, dived into their discussion straightforwardly.

Don't get him wrong, but Yugyeom has been his friend since their diaper days. they were aware of each other's dirtiest secrets and possessions. As time went by, they both had never felt distant, helping each other in business and celebrating personal life.

Then there is his mate. Whenever the Yugyeom topic comes between them, Taehyung had that glare that could bury anyone alive. Jungkook wasn't oblivious about the omega's feelings and possessiveness. But still, he couldn't figure out why Taehyung hates Yugyeom even after knowing all the help his friend has provided for him. And, To be honest, Jungkook didn't care to convince Taehyung. Why would he? It's not like his omega was going to listen to him anyway, so why waste time? He let it be that way.

Jungkook accelerated through the busy roads, eyes on the road, the pop music playing in the background at low volume. He sang along with the lyrics, head and body craving to get a peaceful sleep, and the thought that he was going home to do exactly what he wanted made him smile in pure bliss. Or maybe things weren't always meant to go the way he planned. That's why we have a whole fate here.

'Ugh, whoever mutherfvcker this is...'

The alpha cursed loud, pulling the car to the side of the road, and took his phone which was constantly blinking with multiple notifications on the screen. Now it was ringing, and his ringtone reverberated inside the car. Jungkook bit his tongue when he read the contact name: 'Rival pup'

None other than his mate. Jungkook was beyond stunned. Of course, he has reasons. First and forever, Taehyung never calls him. Even if he set his house on fire, Taehyung would never call his mate. Second, they won't be talking civilly if they call each other like that, and have they had worse phone call histories? Oh heaven yes.

Jungkook smirked at his own doing of saving Taehyung's name in a very unique way. His heart was thumping wild, startling the alpha himself. Either way, he picked up the call, softly and casually uttered a hello, and waited for Taehyung to speak. Goddess, he was indeed impatient.

For a second, Jungkook heard nothing. Then a soft voice reached his ear, A voice that was nowhere near Taehyung's. He stared at the phone for a moment and then outside to the road.

"Is this Jeon Jungkookiee...?"

Flabbergasted to the moon, Jungkook paused for a moment, fetching all the words he just heard. Why was some random guy calling him Jungkookie from Taehyung's phone? What the hell happened?

"This is Jeon Jungkook. Who's---"

Before he could say anything else, Jungkook heard a muffled voice from the other side of the phone, not the voice who just called him when the call connected.

"Jungkookie won't pick up the call, didn't I tell you, Bogumie?"

There was a giggle at the end of the sentence, in Taehyung's deep yet slurry voice, that did something in Jungkook.