29. Precious Mayhem

The thunder of loud laughter filled the darkroom, the other council members left the alpha Yugyeom and omega Taehyung all to themselves. As they left and slammed the door with a noisy thud, the alpha stepped down from the throne and strolled towards him. Taehyung stood as if his enemy was nothing but a pushover, head raised and body refilling with the courage and determination to fight it out today. He wanted this more than anyone. He wanted to end Yugyeom the day his eyes landed on the dirty gazes of the man. He was waiting patiently to make a move. And finally, it's time.

Maybe Taehyung didn't choose the right way and time to take revenge against his rival. Maybe he can do it better if it's another day. But the omega wanted to distract himself from the pain of going through the heat alone even after having a mate. He wanted to divert his mind from the suffering his body was making him go through and gift himself the happiness he was craving for times. He pulled the cloak over his shoulder and crossed his arms around his chest. The gaze is intense and dominant, knowing that Yugyeom will be shivering under him sooner. He took several deep breaths to masquerade that he was going through his heat. Taehyung smirked as he found Yugyeom staring at him, eyes wide with an unbelievable glint in them, puzzled facial expressions making the omega happier than he thought. 

The suffocating silence passed when the omega stood without even shuddering from the proximity of the alpha. Only their breathing can be heard. Yugyeom was the one to let out a humorless laugh, dark eyes raking all over the omega like a vulture around its prey. Taehyung on the other hand, lets the alpha do what he likes because he will have his sweet time to defeat the male later. The fingers of the alpha touched his flawless face, slowly brushing his cheeks to jawlines which made Taehyung suppress the urge to growl at the man. He despised the touches. He doesn't permit the alpha to touch him and Taehyung lost it when Yugyeom's face was inches apart from him, inhaling deeply. Taehyung swatted the hand away and glared at the man. 

"What happened honey? You came here to meet me even after having your heat.  Don't you want to feel the touch of an alpha? Don't you want to know how I can make you feel good? Don't you hear your omega craving for me, hmm?" 

He loathed every word Yugyeom said. True he came there, not really minding his heat. He knew it was a bad idea to cross the border but Taehyung does what he wants all the time. He doesn't care about the pain, all he could focus on was the smile after having the victory all to himself. Maybe the world would say the techniques of Kim Taehyung are flawed but for him, it's his wiles to trap the rival. This is how Taehyung finds energy in his weak times. The omega wanted to rip the man at that right instant, but he kept his desires for moments later, before murmuring to Yugyeom's face. 

"Sweetheart, I came here to treat you well. You worked really hard. Don't you want the reward?"

Taehyung smirked, knowing that Yugyeom can't accept him talking back at any cost. And the omega just pulled that string of the alpha. He waited for Yugyeom to make a move.

"I do... I deserve to be rewarded... If nothing then at least with a feast. It's been a tiring day..." 

He said while pulling the robe of Taehyung from his shoulder, which fell on the ground exposing Taehyung's silk black shirt under and tight black pants. His curves accentuated, scent more intoxicating. The omega looked breathtaking at that moment, Yugyeom was ready to forget all the rivalry between them just to have Taehyung all to himself. 

"Look at you, omega."

Taehyung bites his lips hard so that he can control himself. No one called him that. Not even his mate. Well, that's another story for another time. Now he only wanted Yugyeom to scream his name in pain. He wanted nothing other than the alpha begging his mercy on knees, truly helpless because of his deeds. Taehyung kept all the words engraved on the stone of his heart where he kept all the hate and vengeance towards Kim Yugyeom and his people.