50. For Us

The wind against their skin felt so calm and refreshing. The waves hitting his feet were taking him somewhere unknown as he closed his eyes and drowned in the moment. It felt ecstasy to stand there, leaning against the warmth of his mate. Taehyung wanted nothing more than the moment he was in. He wished things could stay like that, like forever.

But he also knew if that happened, he would probably take it for granted and then lose everything he gained from the beginning. Taehyung couldn't afford to do that. He would never trade the moments with Jungkook for any of the world's gold and diamonds, no matter what.

A small smile plastered on his lips and he giggled softly when Jungkook wrapped his hand around Taehyung's waist and nuzzled his neck from behind. His alpha surely could sense every single thing he was feeling without him attempting to express it with words. Taehyung found himself melting in the touch and a content hum left from his mouth.

"Why do you like the sea so much, baby?"

The question caught Taehyung off-guard, as he was not expecting Jungkook to think something like that or even ask and take Taehyung by surprise with his sudden confrontation.

"Okay, I thought you knew the reason when you planned your miraculously big surprise for me. Too bad, alpha"

Taehyung replied in a taunting voice for which Jungkook tightened the hug, literally caging Taehyung in his strong arms. The omega let out a surprised shriek, still holding Jungkook closer, the tides hitting between their legs making them both giggle in happiness.

"Enlighten me, mate.

I would say I would score a distinction if you're the topic. But in fact, I have a lot to learn about you, from you and I want to know what my beloved's favorites are other than me"

The alpha grinned cheekily, making Taehyung turn back and boop their noses. He hummed in a teasing tone.

"And who told you that you're my favorite?"

"Am I not?"

Truth be told, Taehyung would love to see his big bad mate looking like a kicked rabbit with his eyes wide and sparkling, lips pouting, and anticipating an answer from him with very dear patience. Taehyung wanted to tease the man about how he looked at that moment. His bunny alpha.

"Of course, you're. You're the hottest and dumbest thing at the same time that happened to me"

"Hey, you reap what you sow. It's not my fault that you wished for me to be reincarcerated hot but with your intelligence."

"Jungkook, that isn't even a valuable point to win this. What do you--- Okay, fine.

I like the sea because..."

Taehyung turned to face the wide water body in front of him, slowly awakening to the new dawn with the golden stripes of the sun about to spread in their full glory. The omega closed his eyes for a moment to feel the chilly breeze hitting him and the warm touch of Jungkook that was protecting him.

If being blessed was a feeling, Taehyung knew it was that moment he was in and he wanted the time to pause, right there, like that.

"Because it's real. The sea doesn't hide anything. It shows happiness with the chilly wind and tiny waves, it expresses anger by drowning everything from the horizon to the shore. It doesn't hide the good times and bad days. It stays here, whenever I come back."

He slowly turned to see Jungkook's reaction who was looking at the far end of the ocean as well and so dipped in his thoughts. Taehyung knew his mate understood him, more than anyone in the world.