43. Ruby Eyes

The noises were unbearable to his ears, the sight was terrible to look at, and the scent was changed. Everything around him felt so foreign as if he was the intruder there even if it was his own party. All eyes were on the two standing in the middle of the crowd, smiling wide and bowing humbly.

It was all fake.

Jungkook can feel it. But what was he going to do? Maybe, it was finally the time for him to taste his own medicine, as a payback for what he did to his mate. Well, what was he thinking? Kim Taehyung is the karma.

The thought made him shudder, pulling him out of his trance, anger oozed throughout his veins as he looked at the sight in front of him. Those linked arms, the happiest smiles, the glowing eyes, and the matching vibes. The alpha was still trying to figure out where he went wrong but as soon as the omega glanced at him, passing a smug at his side, Jungkook knew it all made sense.

Taehyung was doing it in the right way. Whatever it is, he was winning. He always will and Jungkook would be lying if he said he didn't find that smirk on his mate's lips the hottest thing in the universe.

"Knew Kims are a rare piece but this one? Long way to go, Jeon Jungkook"

The tone Jin used on him only boosted his ego. With a glare the alpha looked away from the two elders, sipping the drink in his hand. In his peripheral vision, he could see Taehyung leaning against Yugyeom's figure to reply to Mr. Choi who asked something, his best friend grinning at the omega. Jungkook clutched the glass in his hand tighter, tonguing his inner cheek while breathing hard.

"I think I've seen you before, gentlemen."

Mr. Han- one of the directors of the board said, totally unaware that the chairman was ready to fire him from his position. He found Taehyung gently smiling, his shiny eyes keeping up with the elder's as he leaned in to whisper.

"Oh, yes. I bring heaven to the bad boys in town."

The omega's smirk only widened, and Jungkook heard Yoongi cursing behind them.

"Oh, this bish. He knows how to play, huh?!"

"Well well, perks of having the best best friend in the world,"

They heard a high-pitched voice from the side and saw Jimin walking towards them, a mischievous grin adorning his lips. He stood next to Yoongi, elbowing the man who winced at the action.

"Oh, you three can't relate since you all are just..."

While pointing at Jin, Jungkook, and Yoongi, Jimin said.

"Dumb, dumber, and dumbest."

"What are you even doing here? No one invited you"

Yoongi retorted, snapping fingers at Jimin's forehead who glared at the man.

"Yah, I'm literally the assistant of Jeon Jungkook, the one and---"

"Okay, stop it."

Jungkook said to the two males who stepped away from biting each other's neck. Once he let his eyes wander around the room, he found Taehyung and Yugyeom walking toward them, the matching smiles on their lips only made Jungkook curse inside.

He was supposed to act cool as if nothing happened but he was losing it. He knew he would be in big trouble if any of the two sensed his distress so the alpha took another big gulp from his drink.

"Hey, Jungkookie..."

Yugyeom's voice chimed in his ears, and he could also hear Yoongi and Jin dying to let out laughter so bad. Nodding at the two, Jungkook tried to plaster a smile on his lips. He avoided the omega's sharp eyes and only concentrated on the slideshow that was running in the background.