32. Truth Untold

The red and blue lights spread around. The beats of the song picked up the pace as it thrummed louder. Drinks pouring into glasses, sweaty bodies dancing around, corners were taken by couples making out, just another typical bar, another typical party. Besides the fact that most of them were wearing a suit, and looking out of the place, it was perfect chaos. The VIP suite was already filled. Men in tuxedos sitting with random ladies on their lap, some trying to seduce, while some don't care. The scent in the air was thick and mixed with every other intoxicating smell.

Jimin walked slowly towards the man near the pool table. His eyes concentrated on the red ball in front of him. If anyone asks or not, Jimin can say that that's gonna fall in the net. He kept his mum and tapped on the shoulder of the male. The male hummed as an acknowledgment. By the looks, anyone can say that the tall male is well built, intimidating, hot, and handsome. An alpha. The scent was thick and strong, making weaker ranks tremble while passing him. He doesn't do that intentionally. The alpha just wanted to let others know that he, he's there. He wanted to announce his presence.

"You look emotionally constipated."

It was Min Yoongi, CEO of Min corporation, and their best friend. The said male rubbed Jimin's neck as he said those words. Jimin does look like trash, exhausted and sad. The beta male sighed. Yoongi was also a beta, so he could understand the tense situation Jimin was going through. Jimin leaned on Yoongi's shoulder and closed his eyes, snuggling closer to capture all the vanilla scent to himself.

"You will too If you've to be like a ping pong between your best friend and boss. I hate it here"

Jimin mumbled as they cuddled on the couch. He glared at the alpha slash his boss. His boss wasn't even paying attention to him. Well, that's a good thing. When Yoongi held him close, Jimin felt safe and relieved from all those worries.

"Why don't you resign and join me?"

Yoongi whispered. Jimin wanted to reply but didn't need it. Because his boss talked on his behalf.

"No need. Jimin is my assistant. I'm not gonna let him do that. "

The alpha said, making Jimin mentally scoff at the statement. He does have respect for the alpha. But sometimes, the man just doesn't waste any chance to get on his nerves. He hates when his boss behaves like he controls everything. Well, his boss does possess a lot -power, wealth, and properties. But, that shouldn't include people, right?

"How poor of you Jeon, thinking as if you own him. Reminds me how pathetic you're, every time."

This time, the voice was deep and soft. Their heads whipped in the direction from where they heard those feisty words. Jimin was smiling. This is really a sight for him. After what felt like decades, his favorite person is here.

Jeon Jungkook stood there, shamelessly checking out the new voice. His body completely faced the male as he leaned back on the pool table. His face has a cocky expression and a stupid smirk lingering on his lips. Could that be any more annoying for Kim Taehyung? Never.

"Well, well, well...look who's here. I missed your filthy mouth and those sassy lips so much, sweetheart."

Ignoring the crimson red creeping up from his neck to ear tip, Taehyung hates every word Jeon Jungkook uttered. Goddess, he hates the existence of that cocky bastard. Taehyung scoffed and looked away. The only reason he's here is because of his best friend. He doesn't want to make Jimin sad also, his apartment felt so lonely today. But guess, he made a mistake. Not completely, he just has to avoid the species called Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung walked forward with his head straight and a smug smile on his lips. The scent of other alpha invaded his nose but nothing special, he felt more energetic and brave. His step halted as they were inches apart and breath mingling. He found Jungkook gulping at their proximity and his smile widened.