Entry 25

It's the day before the festival and I am kind of Panicked, I have no decorations set up, no stalls, no games or rides, only the barrow.

So I'm going to make a huge announcement to the public. Which is what I'm doing right now.

That's also why I'm panicked.

"People of Haskaria you have all traveled here in search of a greater life, a life of prosperity and freedom. But it will take far more than any of us imagined. Those who want to destroy us, chain us, and in slave us may take our homes, and our goods. On the day of that battle, we didn't lose food or homes, we lost family members and friends. I have tried to get everything done on my own, but I can't, so today I ask for your help. Help me to make tomorrow a great festival to celebrate our Victory, and a peaceful memorial to mourn our losses."

I look around, the people are sad, a few families are holding each other crying. Mothers holding now fatherless children. I look at peleus who has his head down and eyes closed.

Something that I used to do in times like these was to pray for God to help my men make it to heaven.

"Dear Heavenly Father forgive us for our transgressions, help us to fight for the way of freedom and peace. Help the brave warriors who fought the good fight to gain their peace, in your name Jesus amen" I finished that prayer and opened my eyes.

"Your loved ones are now held by the heavenly father," I told them " now I need all of you to think about how you want to celebrate this victory, I will be setting up food stalls if you have anything you want to make and sell: be it food, drinks or crafts. Send a letter to the palace and be ready by tomorrow"

"Decorate in your style, just have fun after this terrible battle. We won the battle, we freed slaves and liberated people from a tyrannical bandit, I'm going to get the food stalls set up and some other preparations" I finished before a large number of cheers and hoorahs were heard.

An hour later after everyone who wanted to set a stall up was gone I set up hundreds of dust lanterns around the city on strings tied to lampoles, next I set up around 100-150 stalls and some game stalls.

I set up some game tournaments like chess, soccer, football, baseball, foot races, and some card game tournaments.

I set up a stage for music, comedians, and speeches.

Finally, I call most of my military to an open field.

"Alright gentleman, I know things have been rough lately, but tomorrow we are going to have a parade of the military, we are going to drive the trains through the city and fly the war blimp above. You guys are going to match with an unloaded weapon through the streets to show that you are always ready to fight for your family and friends, and for the memorial, you will carry the coffins to the barrow salute then leave while the family says goodbye," they saluted and agreed

Now the final thing is the fireworks. I go to my warehouse and for the rest of the night things go smoothly, soon all the fireworks are made, I even made a bunch of firecrackers and sparklers.

I gather all my friends together to explain what is happening.

"So, tomorrow is the festival, it's going to be a big event so if anyone wants to go I will be attending parts, I love festivals. But I am also the event coordinator so I have things to attend to, at the end I'm doing fireworks so that's fun" I explained

"You mean we are all just going to hang out," emerald asked

"Yeah, recently with the war and the festival stuff I have been very busy so I decided that I would make it important to relax and hang out with you guys" I explained

"AWESOME! I can't believe it! The last month has been so boring for us funny". Nora said

" I know and I'm sorry, it has been hard on every person in Haskaria, that's the purpose of the festival, to give us a break, to have some fun for a day, because in the next few months, things are going to get very busy" I explained

"What is going to make you so busy," cinder asked

"Well, I'm the King-Emperor so I have to provide for my people, I need to give them education, which you guys need as well, and public safety like a stronger military, police, medical services, and more Industry, so really, more jobs," I said

"Right, so what all are we going to do tomorrow?" Phyrra asked

"Well, to start we are going to wake up and as people are running stalls we are going to go around and try some of the food, then we can play the games and buy some things we see, listen to music, and even sing if you want to try that. There is also a pancake eating contest" I described

"P-Pancakes?" Nora said with stars in her eyes, or we're they hearts, I don't know, she's crazy

"Yep, there is also a few knives throwing conditions and some other stuff, it's gonna get wild," I said smiling, but my smile drops

"After the end of the festival, we are going to have a parade with a military, the trains, the blimp, and the fallen soldiers who will be carried by the rest of the military," I said

The others didn't know the weight of what happened, they are too young, they are very smart but some things just can't be understood by children.

"I have outfits for each of you for when we do go to the memorial," I told them"Now you guys go rest up, the festival is going to be great"

They all went ahead and left while I stayed to look over some more research. I'm not certain how dust came to be but I know it is crystalline in structure, and sufficient strike force can cause the dust to activate. That is the problem with dust mining.

I'm wanting to create vast dust veins so we can have better systems of industry. The economy is not very important right now, anything people need, they have other than education. After I'm dead and gone if my nation is this reliant on me. It will collapse.

This is why I need to get a better industry and economy, I don't want a communist or even a nation that is run by the elite capitalists, I mainly don't want the government to own production.

I'm going to start outsourcing most of my food production, dust mines, and everything else that people can do.

I'll worry about this after the festival.

For now I sleep.